Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Current Global offers:

1- Sep 6 2023 - End of football season 2024: receive 15% off at participating properties with the code GOJALIN15. News release here
2- Nov 3 2023: Earn 2X points and get 5% off. Book by December 5, 2023 for stays completed between Nov 3, 2023, and Apr 30, 2024. Use code STAYNOW to book. 659 participating properties shown here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ibilities.html

Current local offers:

1- Hotel Figueroa, downtown Los Angeles: Save 20% on stays of three nights or more, and toast to the season with two festive complimentary cocktails from the Holiday Bar Cart; offer code HOLIDA https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...fercode=HOLIDA

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2018, 4:38 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by troyhouse

I would like the codes. Can you please pm.
Originally Posted by iVadim
What is the code of Psbank company?
The codes come from your corporate travel department. If you're authorized to use these codes, you will have NO problem whatsoever obtaining them.
Old May 29, 2018, 8:51 am

This entire thread really should be shut down. It is only a haven for 1 post wonders to ask for corporate codes they aren't entitled to use. There are no "discount" codes for Hyatt, so the title is nonsense. It's just a repository of "can u give me code to company x plz thx!!1!".
MarkOK likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 9:01 am

I agree, and what is the problem with sharing the codes. People can make the decision on their own whether they want to take the risk of using it or not. I dont see this kind of negative-ness on the other chain threads, where the codes are shared freely.
Old May 29, 2018, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I agree, and what is the problem with sharing the codes. People can make the decision on their own whether they want to take the risk of using it or not.
Would someone be so kind as to share the codes to the safety deposit boxes at my local bank? . People can make the decision on their own whether they want to take the risk of using them or not
Old May 29, 2018, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Would someone be so kind as to share the codes to the safety deposit boxes at my local bank? . People can make the decision on their own whether they want to take the risk of using them or not
analogy doesn’t hold up. IMHO.
Old May 29, 2018, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold

For you it doesn't. For others, it does.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:55 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club

I want to buy a new Apple computer. Would an Apple employee please send me their Employee ID number, so that I can use their employee discount?

I want to fly to New York City. Would an airline employee please send me their employee ID number, so that I can get an employee discount?

I want to dine at a nice restaurant. Would a restaurant employee please let me use their ID card, so that I can get an employee discount?

I need to take a trip and I don't want to pay for parking. Would an airport employee please loan me their credentials, so that I can park in the employee parking lot?

I can't afford health insurance. Would an employee of a company with good health insurance please list me on their policy as a dependent? I'll reimburse the actual premium cost.
59Impala and MarkOK like this.
Old May 30, 2018, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I want to buy a new Apple computer. Would an Apple employee please send me their Employee ID number, so that I can use their employee discount?

I want to fly to New York City. Would an airline employee please send me their employee ID number, so that I can get an employee discount?

I want to dine at a nice restaurant. Would a restaurant employee please let me use their ID card, so that I can get an employee discount?

I need to take a trip and I don't want to pay for parking. Would an airport employee please loan me their credentials, so that I can park in the employee parking lot?

I can't afford health insurance. Would an employee of a company with good health insurance please list me on their policy as a dependent? I'll reimburse the actual premium cost.
now these does make sense. 👍 but, I guess, everyone knows this !!!

I decided not to use Hyatt and you guys can continue with your moral policing. Thanks !!
Old May 30, 2018, 7:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
You can share as much as you want on PM just not publicly in the thread due to FT terms of service concerning proprietary information.
Old May 30, 2018, 8:40 am

If that is the case, then why does this thread exist at all? I say again, just shut this thread down.
Old May 30, 2018, 8:44 am
Original Member

It's a "PM me" thread.

There's no support from moderators to shut it down as this thread is more than 10 years and do contain prior requests for shutdown but they have not been acted upon.

What moderators have done in the past (at least on the Marriott forum) is to remove posts containing actual non-public codes if they are alerted to it.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Gld; DL Plat; UA Gld;Bonvoy Titanium4Life; Hyatt Silver;
Win-Win-Win

Originally Posted by CloudCoder

First time on this side, usually trolling mileage runs.....While I can appreciate Cloud Coder's POV, I'd like to suggest the difference (in my mind) between these examples and using a corporate hotel code. The corporations that I've worked for that were large enough to have a travel department would contract with hotel chains for X number of room nights per year. The more nights booked, the better the discount the following year. If I'm able to use your corporate rate, I see that as a win-win-win. I win because I save a few bucks, your company wins because my (paid) room night helps increase your discount in the future, and the hotel wins because they're one room closer to full - and their revenues go up as the hotel fills up. Win-Win-Win. Who's harmed? The hotel because I saved +/- $30 on the room rate? No, because I'm spending that in the bar/restaurant, and tipping the waitstaff, bartenders, and housekeepers. IMO the only harm is to the next guy who has to pay closer to the rack rate as the hotel fills up.

Of course, as always, I reserve the right to be completely wrong.
Old May 30, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by FNZFUND
IMO the only harm is to the next guy who has to pay closer to the rack rate as the hotel fills up.

And I can't help but feel that the 'next guy' is honest old me. Hyatt has a lot of properties that have really high 'rack rates' (HR New Orleans, HR Atlanta, HR Boston, HR Dallas) that perhaps work only because the hotel is already full with people on corporate rates. A small win for you, the hotel (maybe), and the business (maybe) doesn't matter to me when I am the loser and have either increased costs and/or decreased usable footprint. (case in point: when I stay at lounge-less HH New Orleans at 170$ a night because the HR next door is at 400$ a night, the HR is bustling with business travelers and conventioners all likely staying on negotiated rates - I am shut out).

And I put the maybes there, because if the hotel is full (which is not uncommon at HRs in business locations), providing a room on a corporate rate vs getting a rack rate customer is lost revenue, and I am not 100% sure about your thesis that one, or even a few, increased customers will do anything to lower a negotiated corporate discount.

I see it mostly as a win for one individual who is being unethical, and a loss for another individual who is being ethical.

Edit: And I agree that this thread should be closed. The airline forums forbid the advocating for violations in terms and conditions, such as hidden city pricing, but we allow threads for people to scavenge and ask for corporate rate codes?
Old May 30, 2018, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
It's a "PM me" thread.

There's no support from moderators to shut it down as this thread is more than 10 years and do contain prior requests for shutdown but they have not been acted upon.

What moderators have done in the past (at least on the Marriott forum) is to remove posts containing actual non-public codes if they are alerted to it.
I like this strategy, make it pm only and let members manage it individually. Instrad of constant nagging from aggressive moral policemen on here, as if they have never used a coupon or discount that was not directly intended for them.
finarg likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 3:39 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by FNZFUND
First time on this side, usually trolling mileage runs.....While I can appreciate Cloud Coder's POV, I'd like to suggest the difference (in my mind) between these examples and using a corporate hotel code. The corporations that I've worked for that were large enough to have a travel department would contract with hotel chains for X number of room nights per year. The more nights booked, the better the discount the following year. If I'm able to use your corporate rate, I see that as a win-win-win. I win because I save a few bucks, your company wins because my (paid) room night helps increase your discount in the future, and the hotel wins because they're one room closer to full - and their revenues go up as the hotel fills up. Win-Win-Win. Who's harmed? The hotel because I saved +/- $30 on the room rate? No, because I'm spending that in the bar/restaurant, and tipping the waitstaff, bartenders, and housekeepers. IMO the only harm is to the next guy who has to pay closer to the rack rate as the hotel fills up.

The losing happens in hot markets when the block of room are held those who don't even work for the company and the legitimate travelers are left going to more expensive non-preferred hotels. Some contracts only dedicate a subset of room being available at the negotiated rate instead of LRA (last room available).

The argument that the company's future discount increases is questionable. If the hotel sees that they are always highly occupied (due to all this demand that wouldn't have materialized otherwise) that could just lead the hotel into thinking the negotiated rate was set too low to begin with and that an increase is due during the next renewal period.

The argument the hotel win is ultimately flawed because it is up to the hotel to determine the cost/benefit of having that room sell below publicly available rate and not some traveler using a code they are not eligible for. There are other consideration other than maximizing revenue 100% of the time. That is why airlines would rather let that plane fly out with empty seats instead of trying to fill it with a last minute discounted fare and/or make it available for award because long term, letting a seat/room go empty instead of selling it at a below market rate might be more beneficial. Again that decision is up to the hotel to make.

Last edited by seawolf; May 30, 2018 at 6:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.