Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver, Delta Platinum, AA Platinum Pro
Looks like they've pulled quite a few tables from the Club Lounge, which makes sense from a pandemic perspective, but no doubt adds to the difficulty getting one at times.

I've always loved the Churchill and only wish it had a much larger gym. Like so many of the London hotels, the fitness facility is inadequate unless you are in a recently refurbished or opened hotel .... and some of those still are too small.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Hello, I'll also be there in a few weeks for a month in a balcony suite (using points + 4 SUA)...looks like the hotel is not super busy??
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:29 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Hello, I'll also be there in a few weeks for a month in a balcony suite (using points + 4 SUA)...looks like the hotel is not super busy??
What do you mean +4 SUA... you are using 4 at the same time to get a better suite? I have never heard of such a thing. Curious how / who worked this deal.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:30 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by ryandc99
What do you mean +4 SUA... you are using 4 at the same time to get a better suite? I have never heard of such a thing. Curious how / who worked this deal.
I think he means he will be there for 4 weeks, 1 SUA only applies for 7 days.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IndyJeffrey
I've always loved the Churchill and only wish it had a much larger gym. Like so many of the London hotels, the fitness facility is inadequate unless you are in a recently refurbished or opened hotel .... and some of those still are too small.
Just came back - hotel mentioned it's "newly renovated gym" on the 2nd floor. I can't remember what the previous one was like, but I thought the amount of machines + equipment was pretty solid.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 4:11 am

Right!
Will be there for 6 weeks but only 4 SUA left...Hopefully they will keep me in the balcony suite for the last 2 weeks?
Old Jan 17, 2023, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Right!
Will be there for 6 weeks but only 4 SUA left...Hopefully they will keep me in the balcony suite for the last 2 weeks?
that’s an exceptionally large ask.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 7:44 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Right!
If you want to do this, my suggestion is breaking your stay into 7 night stays. I have had a property (Andaz London) allow me to do 8 nights in a suite, the last night was them being nice and not something they have to do.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ryandc99
If you want to do this, my suggestion is breaking your stay into 7 night stays. I have had a property (Andaz London) allow me to do 8 nights in a suite, the last night was them being nice and not something they have to do.
That makes sense for an 8-night stay.

It would be a bit of a D*** move, though, to book 7 nights suite, followed by 1-2 night standard room followed by 7 nights suite + 1-2 night standard + 7 nights suite + 1-2 night standard, etc. etc. for the OP's month+ long stay - hoping that the hotel doesn't make you change rooms twice each week.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Just came back - hotel mentioned it's "newly renovated gym" on the 2nd floor. I can't remember what the previous one was like, but I thought the amount of machines + equipment was pretty solid.
I doubled that.
Haven’t used yet (arrived jet lagged this morning) but had a look and looks pretty good, well equipped, larger than expected (size of 3 standard room not 1) and brand new (still smells it). Will definitely go later today or tomorrow!
Old Jan 18, 2023, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
that’s an exceptionally large ask.
Yes we will see…but for now they have been extremely generous :-)
Just used 3 SUA for the first 4 weeks and finally had to arrive 3 days earlier than initially planned, booked a standard room at the last minute and they were automatically added to the full stay so to a balcony suite. So for now that’s a 31 day suite upgrade with 3 SUA not too bad :-)
Not to mention the 9am early check in, free breakfast in the lounge while waiting for it to be ready, nice welcome gift and message from the manager, positively surprised by the gym and both lounges (very quiet this morning and now despite hotel being 100% full) so a very good start for my first ever 1 month stay (if not 1.5m) in a hotel :-)
Old Jan 20, 2023, 3:44 pm

Anyone had luck staying here with a family of 4? I've got two young children (6 an 8) and it seems the suite upgrade room has a king bed and you can request a rollaway bed but they only allow a max of 3 people. I'm certain we would be able to fit in the room just fine. Their options for rooms that allow 4 are a significant price per night for an upgrade. Maybe just book it and hope they don't take issue at check-in?
Old Jan 20, 2023, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver, Delta Platinum, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Ah, good to know as I will be there in two weeks. They had done an upgrade a few years ago and while the # of cardio machines were adequate, weights were pretty lacking and the space was very cramped.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 4:19 pm

Infant

Any data points if the hotel is ok with me booking 2 adults and then putting notes that you have infant? When I put 2 adults and 1 child < 1 I get no availability but when I just put 2 adults there is ton of availability. I don't need a bed for him, a crib would be nice but not required since he can sleep the bed with us. I also have suite upgrade reward I would be applying too.

My backup currently is the Andaz since they have availability when I put 3 guest.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by LonghornFlyer
Anyone had luck staying here with a family of 4? I've got two young children (6 an 8) and it seems the suite upgrade room has a king bed and you can request a rollaway bed but they only allow a max of 3 people. I'm certain we would be able to fit in the room just fine. Their options for rooms that allow 4 are a significant price per night for an upgrade. Maybe just book it and hope they don't take issue at check-in?
We used our suite upgrade here last year and we got a suite with a pull out sofa bed. Two young children can easily sleep on that. The Executive Suite's don't have a pull out sofa and you'd need a rollaway bed, the living room can fit two of them but not sure they'd allow it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.