Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:19 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I could be wrong, but thought it’s illegal to smoke in hotels in the UK.

Curiously, on all major third party booking sites the property has selected that it is 100% smoke free (they input this information), but I can’t find any reference on the Hyatt website.

My experience in London was smoke-free, but I know smoking can be a problem at some hotels, like Park Tower in Knightsbridge, based on reports.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
You’re definitely not supposed to smoke in the rooms/suites?

Old Mar 7, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Apologies if this has been asked before, the search function automatically filters out the number "3" so I found it hard to find if this question was already answered.

Any recent data points on whether you can ask for a rollaway for a 3rd adult guest for a standard room? If it matters, this will be a points booking. I am only Discoverist.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 7:35 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
They claimed smoking was only allowed in suites with balcony's on those suites.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 3:22 pm

Back to the Churchill after a short stay at the Andaz London and Munich.

Upgraded again to a Balcony Suite. I had let know the FOM about my preference for one of the 2 corner suites which have view on both sides (Portman Square from the living room/balcony and back of the hotel from the bedroom), a larger living room and an additional guest toilets. And surprise at check in I got one of them again well done!

PS: he told me that post 9th floor renovation they will become Executive Suite as larger/better views than the other 11 BalconySuites fully facing the garden.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 5:19 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Service at this site continues to be better than elsewhere in London. Booked a King room one night yesterday on points, was upgraded to a Balcony Suite, allowed to check in early and given a 4pm late checkout without issue.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 5:57 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr

Upgraded again to a Balcony Suite. I had let know the FOM about my preference for one of the 2 corner suites which have view on both sides (Portman Square from the living room/balcony and back of the hotel from the bedroom), a larger living room and an additional guest toilets. And surprise at check in I got one of them again well done!

PS: he told me that post 9th floor renovation they will become Executive Suite as larger/better views than the other 11 BalconySuites fully facing the garden.
Very nice! As a data point what is/was your length of stay at The Churchill
Enjoy!
Old Mar 24, 2023, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Very nice! As a data point what is/was your length of stay at The Churchill
Enjoy!
Thanks!
Not 100% sure yet but definitely one month and maybe up to 7-8 weeks with a few 1-2 night stays in Paris (PHV in March/April, HdL if opened in May), Cannes (Martinez), Lyon (no Hyatt or SLH), Frankfurt (not sure where yet?) and Düsseldorf (HR) in the middle.
But they “only” upgrade me one week in advance for the following week (not complaining)…
Old Mar 24, 2023, 6:35 am

Thanks for your info! I will be staying there end of July/beginning Aug for 8 nights..I had to book the first night separately so I could use a SUA for the remaining 7 nights. This was with the understanding that I would be happy to stay in a non suite the first night as I'm arriving in the evening from a day flight. I'd love to request the corner suite you are speaking of..did you request through your MHC or directly to the hotel? When I told MHC I wanted a balcony suite, she said they would "try" to accommodate me. However, I thought I was able to do this at booking. I'm wondering if I should go through other than my personal concierge as that didn't sit well with me.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by surikatina
Thanks for your info! I will be staying there end of July/beginning Aug for 8 nights..I had to book the first night separately so I could use a SUA for the remaining 7 nights. This was with the understanding that I would be happy to stay in a non suite the first night as I'm arriving in the evening from a day flight. I'd love to request the corner suite you are speaking of..did you request through your MHC or directly to the hotel? When I told MHC I wanted a balcony suite, she said they would "try" to accommodate me. However, I thought I was able to do this at booking. I'm wondering if I should go through other than my personal concierge as that didn't sit well with me.
Directly to the FOM with whom I had been interacting a few times during my long stay earlier this year (upgrade to this corner suite just got extended until April 8th when I'm checking out).
Old Mar 24, 2023, 9:49 am

Directly to the FOM with whom I had been interacting a few times during my long stay earlier this year (upgrade to this corner suite just got extended until April 8th when I'm checking out).
Thanks for your speedy response! Hmm, as never been there, and thus no prior relationship, I think I might be at the mercy of Hyatt for my request.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 10:45 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thanks!
Not 100% sure yet but definitely one month and maybe up to 7-8 weeks with a few 1-2 night stays in Paris (PHV in March/April, HdL if opened in May), Cannes (Martinez), Lyon (no Hyatt or SLH), Frankfurt (not sure where yet?) and Düsseldorf (HR) in the middle.
But they “only” upgrade me one week in advance for the following week (not complaining)…
Wow!One month plus that's a long stay.
I don't think I've ever gone longer than a few weeks and can't imagine getting an upgrade to a suite for a month or longer
If so new respect for the Churchill folks.I remember in the past getting an upgrade for a few nights could prove challenging
Old Mar 24, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by surikatina
Hyatt concierge should be able to see that the Churchill offers 2 types of suites for SUA’s. One is indeed a balcony suite.

I was in a corner balcony room earlier this week and it really is nice, though not a patch on the actual Executive Suite I was in a few weeks ago.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Hyatt concierge should be able to see that the Churchill offers 2 types of suites for SUA’s. One is indeed a balcony suite.

I was in a corner balcony room earlier this week and it really is nice, though not a patch on the actual Executive Suite I was in a few weeks ago.
I’ve never been upgraded to one but I guess the actual Executive Suites have been renovated but are on lower floors? With garden views?
Will ask to try one another time…
Old Mar 25, 2023, 9:16 am

I think mine might have been on the 6th floor, or thereabouts. I didn't really pay much attention to the view (It's the centre of London, there are no nice views), but the living area itself was really lovely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.