Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2022, 8:59 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by houstr8male
Globalist breakfast was in the restaurant.
Good to hear
I hope it stays that way as the lounge is cramped in the morning and not a place with good air circulation
Boraxo likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by houstr8male
Only one lounge was open a few weeks ago. It was my first stay and I wasn’t aware of a second lounge. If they are on the same floor then I entered an empty one by accident. It was across the way from the main lounge entrance. Evening food was cold cuts and desserts and you could order a small sampler plate from staff. One night it was mezze. Globalist breakfast was in the restaurant.
Were there children in the lounge?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Were there children in the lounge?
Yes. A few. Is a child worse than an adult talking loudly on a cell phone or doing facetime? They were much more annoying than the few kids in the lounge.
JIMCHI, masonry83 and catawiki1 like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, United Silver, American Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Stayed two nights earlier this month over the weekend. Hotel was fantastic and overall a very pleasant stay. Used a TSU to grab a Regency King suite, we were located on the seventh floor. The lounge was satisfactory and plenty of seating. Stayed on points for initial booking of standard king. The room provided us with plenty of space although the bathroom was a bit small. Closet was huge - and the mattress was simply unreal. We slept great minus standard jet lag.

The breakfast was taken in the restaurant on the first floor and it was very good. We didn't even need to sign a bill/receipt - just gave room number to hostess.

Location was solid and area was very walkable.

My minor issue was how small the gym was (second floor). Given how large the hotel is, bummer gym just didn't have a lot of equipment or space.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by Zomanji
Stayed two nights earlier this month over the weekend. Hotel was fantastic and overall a very pleasant stay. Used a TSU to grab a Regency King suite, we were located on the seventh floor. The lounge was satisfactory and plenty of seating. Stayed on points for initial booking of standard king. The room provided us with plenty of space although the bathroom was a bit small. Closet was huge - and the mattress was simply unreal. We slept great minus standard jet lag.

The breakfast was taken in the restaurant on the first floor and it was very good. We didn't even need to sign a bill/receipt - just gave room number to hostess.

Location was solid and area was very walkable.

My minor issue was how small the gym was (second floor). Given how large the hotel is, bummer gym just didn't have a lot of equipment or space.
Very helpful-- thank you! (I'm in the exact similar situation for later in May). Out of curiosity, has anyone in the group been able to check in to the Regency King balcony suite in the morning? Totally understand that depends on it being used the night before (and if the previous guests checked out)-- just trying to get some data points. Would be arriving on a Saturday and love to get a nap in if possible before starting the day...
Old May 2, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
Very helpful-- thank you! (I'm in the exact similar situation for later in May). Out of curiosity, has anyone in the group been able to check in to the Regency King balcony suite in the morning? Totally understand that depends on it being used the night before (and if the previous guests checked out)-- just trying to get some data points. Would be arriving on a Saturday and love to get a nap in if possible before starting the day...
I arrived at 9am on a recent stay but waited almost 4 hours for a suite. Front desk simply had nowhere to put me so I sat in the lounge. Another couple was also waiting. I had been in contact with the hotel and advised them of my early arrival. I even suggested putting me in a king or queen room and moving me to a suite later (doesn't hurt to ask). I had already confirmed a suite for my stay. I feel the situation could have been handled better and the front desk manager agreed. 9am check in is not a globalist benefit but, on the rare occasions I arrive early, my experience at other Hyatt properties has been much better.
ceebee100 and MasterPlanner like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Recently completed a week long stay. Overall, was pleasant. Not outstanding but good enough.

We used an upgrade certificate for a Regency King Balcony Suite. The room wasn't ready until about 3pm and we were invited to use the lounge while we waited and our luggage was stored. The room is definitely showing signs of age. It's a weird design but nice to confirm in advance and have a fair amount of space and a true suite. Plus, I really like the location.

Only one lounge was open. It wasn't very crowded but was quite dirty in the afternoons with plates and trash that had been sitting out for a while. We never did the evening canapes from 530-730pm so can't comment. Still, the lounge was good to grab an afternoon coffee and snack.

Breakfast was buffet in the lobby restaurant. Overall, was good but got tired after a week. Was quite busy so I recommend arriving before 830 am if you want a calmer experience.

Agree gym is subpar for size.

Service was generally very friendly and efficient.

Hotel seemed pretty busy on some days.
Old May 24, 2022, 4:27 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Globalist checking in this weekend with a guest. A few questions:

Is the check-in area on 8 (?) still available?
Are the lounges still open? There were two - are there still two or just one now?
A friend may join us for a night or two and crash with us. Are three people allowed to stay in a room?
Is the breakfast still in the restaurant? Can you register more than one guest in order to get breakfast? (If I have to pay, no big deal.)
I booked on points. Is there a way to get a suite? Can you use suite upgrades on a point stay? Can you pay extra to get a suite?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old May 24, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by iluv2fly

Are the lounges still open? There were two - are there still two or just one now?
A friend may join us for a night or two and crash with us. Are three people allowed to stay in a room?
Is the breakfast still in the restaurant? Can you register more than one guest in order to get breakfast? (If I have to pay, no big deal.)
I booked on points. Is there a way to get a suite? Can you use suite upgrades on a point stay? Can you pay extra to get a suite?

I can only answer the BOLD part since it will be my first time there in a few weeks. Yes you can use a suite upgrade on a points stay because that is exactly what I did.
There are 3 of us traveling and I actually had my Concierge reach out to the hotel to see if they would be willing to swap the family room with the standard suite my suite upgrade booked into as both were the same cash price at the time. Unfortunately the manager on duty at the time was unwilling to do that but I bet if it's still available when we check in, they would be willing to charge us an upfare for it.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iluv2fly

I can help with a few of these as I was just there a week ago. Check-in was done in lobby, nobody staffed the desks on the concierge floor. It was just the one lounge that was open when I was there (with the lounge on one side and the business center across the hall). Breakfast is still in restaurant and is really good.
iluv2fly and ceebee100 like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Pingtung
I can help with a few of these as I was just there a week ago. Check-in was done in lobby, nobody staffed the desks on the concierge floor. It was just the one lounge that was open when I was there (with the lounge on one side and the business center across the hall). Breakfast is still in restaurant and is really good.
Did they say if there is a limit per room or per person?
Old May 25, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Did they say if there is a limit per room or per person?
It's not really structured to matter - basically you give them your room number, they check that it's included for you, and then you're free to grab from the buffet and ask for made to order egg dishes (I think waffles/pancakes too?).
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:28 am

Anyone stayed here with 2 kids under 10 and used one rollaway? I can get a Regency Suite which seems plenty large at 53 sqm. The web site won't allow booking with two kids under 10 so curious if anyone has experience on this hotel's policies?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Anyone stayed here with 2 kids under 10 and used one rollaway? I can get a Regency Suite which seems plenty large at 53 sqm. The web site won't allow booking with two kids under 10 so curious if anyone has experience on this hotel's policies?
We are there right now, Regency Balcony Suite(just a regency suite on the 9th floor as far as I can tell) has a sofa bed with enough room for 2 kids, perfectly fine for my two 8 year Olds. I wasn't at check-in, but they let my wife check in both a room under her name and a room under my name, no questions(or ID) asked, given that, I have a hard time seeing them being real stickers for that limit of 3 occupancy.
redbirdsj likes this.

Last edited by slack455; Jun 6, 2022 at 12:59 pm
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Where's the closet place to get a Rapid COVID Antigen Test for return to the U.S. Not interested in the monitored test you do online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.