Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by ceebee100
Does Radisson do confirmed suite upgrades for Platinum now?
I'm not sure - I'm just gold. They have an upsell process to confirm for a cash copay prior to your stay which is how I'd do it.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OK, but what's his email address? I know Hyatt employees are generally [email protected], but the de and hyphen make it ambiguous.
Try [email protected] (guest relations mgr)

p.s. an easy way to find these addresses is to scan the responses to TripAdvisor reviews.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You're right. Either I'm jetlagged or I'm eager to get out of the hotel, in 90 F weather, to escape from the fire alarm tests that should start in less than fifteen minutes.
Did your experience ever end up improving?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:06 pm
Suspended

Great Scotland Yard versus regency

Any advice? Trying to decide about hyatt regency versus great Scotland Yard, Globalist and we would use TSUs
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bakrgby
Any advice? Trying to decide about hyatt regency versus great Scotland Yard, Globalist and we would use TSUs
TSU near worthless at GSY. Full suite at Churchill is nice.

location is a variable though and each will have their preferences.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Is this property back to full service and taking care of globalists? Love the lounge pre2020 but it’s an extra 5-10m walk to tube from other options.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:54 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bakrgby
You need to find suite availability first. I was told the suites are booked out for all of August when I enquired in Jan. I suspect these are by visitors form the Gulf.
Boraxo and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Is this property back to full service and taking care of globalists? Love the lounge pre2020 but it’s an extra 5-10m walk to tube from other options.
it’s a 5 minute walk total to Marble Arch station , per google maps.
I take a few minutes longer but tube access is not
a disadvantage of the location.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Regency Club at the Churchill would be one plus for this hotel. GSY, rooms are smaller but the hotel has more character. GSY is also in a more central location but both hotels are close enough to the tube so getting around the city is easy at either hotel. I'm staying 3 nights at each in August, I applied a TSU at Churchill.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:23 am

Same question - Have availability as Globalist for Great Scotland Yard and Churchill for a week for first timers to London. Recent tripadvisor reviews are scaring me away from GYS for the lack of service, although I'm not sure if that's due to high expectations due to the cost and type of traveler. Ours is award redemption and am a bit concerned it may be too "stuffy" for my dad but the location seems great which is most important. The room size (and possibility of suite) and lounge does seem appealing to Churchill but will continue to follow as our trip isn't for a few months.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by bds123123
Same question - Have availability as Globalist for Great Scotland Yard and Churchill for a week for first timers to London. Recent tripadvisor reviews are scaring me away from GYS for the lack of service, although I'm not sure if that's due to high expectations due to the cost and type of traveler. Ours is award redemption and am a bit concerned it may be too "stuffy" for my dad but the location seems great which is most important. The room size (and possibility of suite) and lounge does seem appealing to Churchill but will continue to follow as our trip isn't for a few months.
If you're a first time visitor I would say the GSY location is one of the best in London if you are planning to see the main attractions. We stayed there recently and found the service pretty good, but I did find I had to push past the front line person. We were out and about most of the time so didn't need many amenities other than breakfast in the morning (which was good).

A week is a bit long in the small rooms. You might consider splitting it up in different locations.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Has Regency Club level check-in reopened? I always found the representative there very helpful and it expedited check-in.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:25 am

On another forum I frequent, someone is talking about how they booked the Churchill Residence Suite for £494 + 9000 Hyatt points per night. Obviously this would be a fantastic deal - I've heard of booking premium suites for this rate but the Residence Suite? Is this possible without some sort of personal upgrade by the property manager?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by slariz
On another forum I frequent, someone is talking about how they booked the Churchill Residence Suite for £494 + 9000 Hyatt points per night. Obviously this would be a fantastic deal - I've heard of booking premium suites for this rate but the Residence Suite? Is this possible without some sort of personal upgrade by the property manager?
Agreed, but only if they allow more than 3 people in the room. If not that would be a deal killer for me.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just completed a 3-night stay, here are some key points from my stay:
- I asked for the 5% Discretionary fee to be removed in advance of my stay so that I didn't have to deal with it upon check-out. They complied and check-out was hassle free.
- Breakfast for Globalists is in the Montagu restaurant just off the lobby level. This was way better than having breakfast in the often over crowded Regency Club on 8th floor
- I applied a TSU and got a suite on the 9th floor with a terrace. The room had not been remodeled but I do enjoy having the terrace in the summer months. Great view of Portman Square at tree top level
- Regency Club experience was good. On the first day however, it was extremely crowded on the family side with kids running everywhere and pretty much out of control. One boy stuck his hand in the ice bucket and then tried to put the ice bucket on his head. I went to the 'quiet' side and there was a family with kids in there as well. To the staff's credit, they came in and told the parents that no kids were allowed in the adult only lounge. They looked incredulous and acted like being on vacation meant they could take a vacation from being a good parent. They ultimately packed up and left the adult lounge. Canapes were served in the adult club lounge from 5-7 and they were very good each day. You can use the main lounge for breakfast starting at 8am if you want. They had a small selection of pastries with yogurt and juice.
- Staff : our interaction with every staff member was very positive. They did seem to be well trained and responsive. We celebrated an anniversary and we were surprised with a bottle of champagne and some snacks in our room on the first night. That was great, I thought maybe hotels had stopped doing this after Covid to contain costs.

I am biased with regards to Churchill because I have many pleasant memories from staying here over the past 10 years for work and personal travel. It wasn't as quaint and unique as the Great Scotland Yard but I really like the Regency Club experience at the Churchill at a time when many hotels have gone away from providing the club to contain costs. I look forward to returning here again on future trips to one of my favorite cities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.