Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2023, 1:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by submatrix
Anyone know of any good ways to get a load of laundry done? I inquired with them and they sent their prices which charge by the piece! Just to give you an idea, it looks like a pair of socks is 7 GBP. Insane.

I searched the thread but the only mentions of nearby laundry services are from 10 years ago, so looking for more recent data points.
Coming back tomorrow for another 3 weeks. Used (and will be using again) an App who collects the laundry from the concierge and bring it back the following day (concierge sent it to the room). Can send it to you (don’t know FT policy about sharing a commercial link in a post)?
Old Apr 9, 2023, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Coming back tomorrow for another 3 weeks. Used (and will be using again) an App who collects the laundry from the concierge and bring it back the following day (concierge sent it to the room). Can send it to you (don’t know FT policy about sharing a commercial link in a post)?
Sure, feel free to message it to me directly, thanks! What do you mean by App? Like a smartphone app? How much do they charge?
Old Apr 9, 2023, 10:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
London has a number of good laundry apps which are priced in line with dry cleaners/ bulk laundry services. Laundryheap is the biggest that I’m aware of…
EmeraldLady likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
London has a number of good laundry apps which are priced in line with dry cleaners/ bulk laundry services. Laundryheap is the biggest that I’m aware of…
That’s the one I’ve been using this year staying at the Churchill.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 9:33 am

That’s the one I’ve been using this year staying at the Churchill.
Thanks! Reviews seem a bit questionable, but I will keep your testimonial in mind. I might just go with the local option around the corner since I have a physical location/person I can go to in case there are any issues/delays.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 5:49 pm

Thanks! Reviews seem a bit questionable, but I will keep your testimonial in mind. I might just go with the local option around the corner since I have a physical location/person I can go to in case there are any issues/delays.
I've used Laundryheap many times now at this hotel. I leave the bags with Concierge and then they give it to the driver who then return it next day. No problems at all. Much cheaper and convenient!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by britinva79
I've used Laundryheap many times now at this hotel. I leave the bags with Concierge and then they give it to the driver who then return it next day. No problems at all. Much cheaper and convenient!
Can you give me an idea on pricing?
Old Apr 12, 2023, 2:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Can you give me an idea on pricing?
https://www.laundryheap.co.uk/pricing
Old Apr 21, 2023, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
I believe there was some commentary further up about how the Baclony Suites were better than the regular Suites.

Given how tall the wall is, I actually found the terrace to block the view of the garden compared to a room that did not have a balcony - particularly if you are sitting. Also, I think the actual rooms are smaller in the Balcony Suites are smaller since part of the space is taken up by terrace?
Old Apr 21, 2023, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
I believe there was some commentary further up about how the Baclony Suites were better than the regular Suites.

Given how tall the wall is, I actually found the terrace to block the view of the garden compared to a room that did not have a balcony - particularly if you are sitting. Also, I think the actual rooms are smaller in the Balcony Suites are smaller since part of the space is taken up by terrace?
Yes both your points are true and have been commented in previous posts. On the other hand they are on the top floor (so more light and less noise), have a truly separated living room and obviously a terrace. So both have pros and cons and some people prefer ones or the others. But for me the best of both worlds are the 2 “corner” balcony suites which are significantly larger (including a guest toilet), have a fence on the terrace so better view and also a view on the other side of the hotel from the bedroom (ie Nobu hotel from the north one or Locanda Locatelli/KOL from the south one).
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Yes both your points are true and have been commented in previous posts. On the other hand they are on the top floor (so more light and less noise), have a truly separated living room and obviously a terrace. So both have pros and cons and some people prefer ones or the others. But for me the best of both worlds are the 2 “corner” balcony suites which are significantly larger (including a guest toilet), have a fence on the terrace so better view and also a view on the other side of the hotel from the bedroom (ie Nobu hotel from the north one or Locanda Locatelli/KOL from the south one).
Thanks. But I believe those corner ones are premium suites, so aside from people staying 50+ nights, probably out of scope for mere Globalists
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:24 pm

I’m staying in a Regency Suite for the first time ever at the moment and was a bit surprised at the lack of a true separate room partition. That said, it was nice to have a full walk-in closet in the living room area and not have to leave clothes in the bathroom like in the standard balcony suites.

Service here has been exceptional as always and I can see that I’ve clearly triggered some kind of notice as a “regular customer” as I’ve been told that by several staff on the last couple of stays. Unfortunately I have no corporate rate and I expect it could well be next January before rates feel reasonable again, but it has certainly been a nice place to stay for the last 4-5 months.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Thanks. But I believe those corner ones are premium suites, so aside from people staying 50+ nights, probably out of scope for mere Globalists
Only 87 nights this year but the bed is soooo comfortable 😌

To my knowledge they are not premium suites (and thus accessible to everybody) and don’t even exist as a separate category (for now at least).

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I’m staying in a Regency Suite for the first time ever at the moment and was a bit surprised at the lack of a true separate room partition. That said, it was nice to have a full walk-in closet in the living room area and not have to leave clothes in the bathroom like in the standard balcony suites.

Service here has been exceptional as always and I can see that I’ve clearly triggered some kind of notice as a “regular customer” as I’ve been told that by several staff on the last couple of stays. Unfortunately I have no corporate rate and I expect it could well be next January before rates feel reasonable again, but it has certainly been a nice place to stay for the last 4-5 months.
Glad you enjoyed it (looks like you’ve been here almost every week as well…)!

No corporate rate either at this property and it’s true that (especially getting closer to summer) it’s a bit pricey…

Agree on the closet in the bathroom in the “regular” balcony suites and in the bedroom but very small in the “corner” balcony suites.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:51 am

Just completed 7 nights at this property myself in a club room (didn't get suite unfortunately despite Guest of Honor booking). We greatly enjoyed it. Staff was excellent. Breakfast in Montagu got old after 7 nights but you can't argue with their selection.

Loved the area as well, very walkable.

Ended up doing a load of laundry at Aristocrat Dry Cleaners a block away, which was 40 pounds. 1 day turnaround time. Expensive, but oh well.

Edit: it's a pity the beautiful garden across the street is private access only, or at least I think it is? Not sure if Churchill has a special permit.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:59 am

Just completed 7 nights at this property myself in a club room (didn't get suite unfortunately despite Guest of Honor booking). We greatly enjoyed it. Staff was excellent. Breakfast in Montagu got old after 7 nights but you can't argue with their selection.

Loved the area as well, very walkable.

Ended up doing a load of laundry at Aristocrat Dry Cleaners a block away, which was 40 pounds. 1 day turnaround time. Expensive, but oh well.

Edit: it's a pity the beautiful garden across the street is private access only, or at least I think it is? Not sure if Churchill has a special permit.
Concierge has a key that hotel guests can use as they wish...
EuropeanPete likes this.

Last edited by Sophoclefr; Apr 22, 2023 at 7:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.