Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2024, 6:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
There is a reason why people outside the U.S. don’t need to treat their eggs with so much heat before they’re safe to eat: http://www.businessinsider.com/guide...of%2045˚F.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
There is a reason why people outside the U.S. don’t need to treat their eggs with so much heat before they’re safe to eat: http://www.businessinsider.com/guide...of%2045˚F.
That, and / or I just don't like them the consistency of an undercooked soup.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by porciuscato
I just finished a stay there and had breakfast downstairs-- no issues. They also took off the idiotic service charge with no complaints. I will probably not stay there again, however. They did remodel the fitness room. But it is still a complete joke for a hotel that size. They cater to their regular clientele, who I think are more interested in shopping and eating than exercising.
seems like breakfast is a go downstairs again?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:42 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
seems like breakfast is a go downstairs again?
Definitively yes. When I asked about it at the front desk, I got the distinct impression that they got so much negative pushback, they quickly rescinded the change.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by porciuscato
Definitively yes. When I asked about it at the front desk, I got the distinct impression that they got so much negative pushback, they quickly rescinded the change.
thank you!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I was at the Churchill last week and had the option of breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:55 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
The breakfast change does not apply to paid Regency Club upgrades though. I was told this would only include continental breakfast in the lounge.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Colin
maybe this 5* hotel isn't interested in the kind of customer whose finances compel him to save some quid on laundry. i can't imagine too many 5* hotels are happily in the business of facilitating 3rd party services that the hotel has invested in to provide such service directly to their guests.
There is a Blanc outlet literally 100 yards north of the hotel which has been more than happy to wash me tens of shirts at a fourth of the price of the Churchill since the beginning of the year.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Colin
maybe this 5* hotel isn't interested in the kind of customer whose finances compel him to save some quid on laundry. i can't imagine too many 5* hotels are happily in the business of facilitating 3rd party services that the hotel has invested in to provide such service directly to their guests.
They have invested in a “spa” which is so small, with almost never available outsourced masseuse (on weekend at least) and zero relaxation area (jacuzzi, hammam, sauna, etc) that most of the time except if I’m super lazy I ask the concierge for outside recommendations…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.