Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I'll likely stay elsewhere going forward; third visit as Globalist and no upgrade. The last 2x they did remember that I prefer the Molton Brown soaps as a 'consolation prize' so that was nice. But the rooms are tiny and the view of the square is nice, but I think one can do better in London especially if they are not going out of their way to upgrade Globalists.

Breakfast in the restaurant is lovely, but they get so rushed that when going back to the buffet for something they have cleared my table!
Old Mar 26, 2023, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I'll likely stay elsewhere going forward; third visit as Globalist and no upgrade. The last 2x they did remember that I prefer the Molton Brown soaps as a 'consolation prize' so that was nice. But the rooms are tiny and the view of the square is nice, but I think one can do better in London especially if they are not going out of their way to upgrade Globalists.

Breakfast in the restaurant is lovely, but they get so rushed that when going back to the buffet for something they have cleared my table!
Perfect record with TSUs.

Were there even Balcony Suites available?
Old Mar 27, 2023, 4:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney

No luck on the (lack of) upgrades?

Over the last 75 nights there (all booked standard king room at the prepaid member rate except for one week on points):
  • 35 nights upgraded to a 9th floor balcony suite using 5 SUA
  • 11 nights upgraded to a high floor garden view room (no standard suite available)
  • 29 nights upgraded to a 9th floor balcony suite
And out of the 64 nights upgraded to a 9th floor balcony suite 64 were in one of the 2 corner ones (soon to become executive suites).

So apart from zero upgrade to any kind of premium suite no reason to complain here...
Old Mar 27, 2023, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Last week I booked a paid rate stay for late August and was able to use TSU for a balcony suite upgrade. Both regular and balcony suites were available online.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 5:58 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by surikatina View Post
Thanks for your info! I will be staying there end of July/beginning Aug for 8 nights..I had to book the first night separately so I could use a SUA for the remaining 7 nights. This was with the understanding that I would be happy to stay in a non suite the first night as I'm arriving in the evening from a day flight. I'd love to request the corner suite you are speaking of..did you request through your MHC or directly to the hotel? When I told MHC I wanted a balcony suite, she said they would "try" to accommodate me. However, I thought I was able to do this at booking. I'm wondering if I should go through other than my personal concierge as that didn't sit well with me.

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Hyatt concierge should be able to see that the Churchill offers 2 types of suites for SUA’s. One is indeed a balcony suite.

I was in a corner balcony room earlier this week and it really is nice, though not a patch on the actual Executive Suite I was in a few weeks ago.

Thanks for clarifying the rules and wanted to follow up on what transpired when I contacted Hyatt about this. Both balcony and regular suites were available online. MHC was out to lunch so I spoke to another who called The Churchill. They insisted the balcony was not available for my dates and would put me in one if it becomes available at check in. When MHC returned from lunch, she tried calling again and they gave her the same story! She escalated this with consumer affairs and the issue was resolved a day later. Ironically, during the same conversation, I speculatively booked a stay at Baha Mar for later in the year and tried adding a SUA to that reservation, also available online, and the same thing happened! That issue was also resolved thanks to MHC making the effort. It's sad that this had to take so much time and energy but glad it worked out.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 8:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
That all sounds really odd. I'm writing this from a Balcony Suite at the Churchill booked without issue with an SUA.
surikatina likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
what is the current situation with the Regency Lounge at the Churchill? where does a globalist eat breakfast, and is there anything provided in the evening?
Old Apr 5, 2023, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
No luck on the (lack of) upgrades?

Over the last 75 nights there (all booked standard king room at the prepaid member rate except for one week on points):
  • 35 nights upgraded to a 9th floor balcony suite using 5 SUA
  • 11 nights upgraded to a high floor garden view room (no standard suite available)
  • 29 nights upgraded to a 9th floor balcony suite
And out of the 64 nights upgraded to a 9th floor balcony suite 64 were in one of the 2 corner ones (soon to become executive suites).

So apart from zero upgrade to any kind of premium suite no reason to complain here...
Perhaps you get special treatment given you’ve stayed there for 75 nights?
Old Apr 5, 2023, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Pocatello
what is the current situation with the Regency Lounge at the Churchill? where does a globalist eat breakfast, and is there anything provided in the evening?
Both lounges (left and right from the lifts) are opened and pretty quiet including in late afternoon where the drinks and canapés are offered (5:30-7:30pm).
Breakfast available both in the lounge (smaller selection but quieter) and main restaurant (quiet anyway at 7am).
Old Apr 6, 2023, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
And have another 35 books by end of May...but it looks like it's getting busier and on many dates they are already no standard suite available...:-(
Old Apr 6, 2023, 4:40 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
When it comes to complimentary upgrades — speaking of those not using points or an award to support a suite upgrade — this hotel does prioritize Globalists with a lot of booked nights at the property way more than the run of the mill Globalist with fewer nights at the hotel.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 9:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Both lounges (left and right from the lifts) are opened and pretty quiet including in late afternoon where the drinks and canapés are offered (5:30-7:30pm).
Breakfast available both in the lounge (smaller selection but quieter) and main restaurant (quiet anyway at 7am).
Thanks! Sophoclefr that is good to know!
Old Apr 9, 2023, 9:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone know of any good ways to get a load of laundry done? I inquired with them and they sent their prices which charge by the piece! Just to give you an idea, it looks like a pair of socks is 7 GBP. Insane.

I searched the thread but the only mentions of nearby laundry services are from 10 years ago, so looking for more recent data points.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by submatrix
Anyone know of any good ways to get a load of laundry done? I inquired with them and they sent their prices which charge by the piece! Just to give you an idea, it looks like a pair of socks is 7 GBP. Insane.

I searched the thread but the only mentions of nearby laundry services are from 10 years ago, so looking for more recent data points.
Are you looking to do the wash yourself, or do you want to hire a laundry service location to wash, dry and fold the clothes for you?
Old Apr 9, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Are you looking to do the wash yourself, or do you want to hire a laundry service location to wash, dry and fold the clothes for you?
Latter is preferred for convenience, but former is acceptable if needed. I did get one rec for Aristocrat Dry Cleaners just around the block from the hotel. Not sure what their pricing is though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.