Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
The attached headboard looks like a cheap roadside motel.

JIMCHI likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 7:45 pm

Will be staying for a few nights next month. What do you guys recommend for COVID-19 testing for US entry?
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Will be staying for a few nights next month. What do you guys recommend for COVID-19 testing for US entry?
Virtual monitored antigen test at your convenience in your hotel room. 24/7 availability but laptop is required. I’ve this this multiple times to re enter the US

binax now AG test by abbot.

https://www.emed.com/airline-travel
UA-NYC and lsquare like this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I used Collinson at the walk-in centre at St. Pancras International. Remember to use the codes with airlines for 20% off. I actually went for a PCR but I think they’ll do antigen tests for US too. Regarding this hotel, be careful because I’m pretty sure I caught Covid in the public areas. I was very careful and only ate in quiet places outside the hotel (and wore my mask indoors at all times) but breakfast was always crowded here with staff and customers not wearing masks. Housekeeping didn’t either. I suspect I caught it in the breakfast restaurant or lounge. I tested positive upon arrival in Bangkok and got sent into isolation for 7 days at a cost of nearly 2000 pounds but luckily 95% was covered by insurance. You won’t have these problems going to US but you obviously want to pass the pre-departure (I still did). The hotel itself is pretty good in terms of location and the lounge is ok although the snacks aren’t enough for a dinner and there always seemed to be too many sweet cakes on offer. Good luck!
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I used Collinson at the walk-in centre at St. Pancras International. Remember to use the codes with airlines for 20% off. I actually went for a PCR but I think they’ll do antigen tests for US too. Regarding this hotel, be careful because I’m pretty sure I caught Covid in the public areas. I was very careful and only ate in quiet places outside the hotel (and wore my mask indoors at all times) but breakfast was always crowded here with staff and customers not wearing masks. Housekeeping didn’t either. I suspect I caught it in the breakfast restaurant or lounge. I tested positive upon arrival in Bangkok and got sent into isolation for 7 days at a cost of nearly 2000 pounds but luckily 95% was covered by insurance. You won’t have these problems going to US but you obviously want to pass the pre-departure (I still did). The hotel itself is pretty good in terms of location and the lounge is ok although the snacks aren’t enough for a dinner and there always seemed to be too many sweet cakes on offer. Good luck!
Agree, their evening offerings leave MUCH to be desired. I have no idea why they think it's a good idea to have lots of dessert type items out at 5:30 p.m. We always eat a very light dinner at home but this hotel gives new meaning to "light". I seem to remember from 2 years ago that they do have a rather small bowl of lettuce and some salad dressing you can take from. It's a far cry from most Regency Clubs both within the U.S. and out.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Agree, their evening offerings leave MUCH to be desired. I have no idea why they think it's a good idea to have lots of dessert type items out at 5:30 p.m. We always eat a very light dinner at home but this hotel gives new meaning to "light". I seem to remember from 2 years ago that they do have a rather small bowl of lettuce and some salad dressing you can take from. It's a far cry from most Regency Clubs both within the U.S. and out.
A bit disappointed to hear these reviews of the lounge and breakfast/ evening offerings as we will be staying there at the end of June. Only other possible choice was the Andaz Liverpool St and everyone I asked recommended the Churchill instead due to location and treatment.

I hope people leave some feedback and they improve the evening offerings at least.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ceebee100
A bit disappointed to hear these reviews of the lounge and breakfast/ evening offerings as we will be staying there at the end of June. Only other possible choice was the Andaz Liverpool St and everyone I asked recommended the Churchill instead due to location and treatment.

I hope people leave some feedback and they improve the evening offerings at least.
HR Blackfriar's is supposed to open in July but too late for your stay. Would like to check this out and see if its worth switching my August Churchill reservation over to Blackfriar's
ceebee100 and Charlie9 like this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
HR Blackfriar's is supposed to open in July but too late for your stay. Would like to check this out and see if its worth switching my August Churchill reservation over to Blackfriar's
Maybe next year we will try Blackfriar's if the reviews are good. I generally don't like to stay at a hotel within the first month or 2 of it opening as there are always problems that need to be ironed out and I prefer not to be the guinea pig with my hard earned cash.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are they still using Molton Brown in club rooms? or have they switched?

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Apr 17, 2022 at 1:33 pm
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
During our most recent stay in February it was still Molton Brown.

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It was in the Regency Balcony Suite when I stayed at end of March.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:26 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Some questions:

Going to Churchill at end of May. Are the lounges both open? What do they serve now? Is is like it was before the pandemic? Do Globalists get breakfast in the restaurant downstairs?

Where can one get tested for a flight back to the US? Do pharmacies do it? Local testing centers? I'm on UA - do they have a testing center in Terminal 2?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Some questions:

Going to Churchill at end of May. Are the lounges both open? What do they serve now? Is is like it was before the pandemic? Do Globalists get breakfast in the restaurant downstairs?

Where can one get tested for a flight back to the US? Do pharmacies do it? Local testing centers? I'm on UA - do they have a testing center in Terminal 2?

Hey dude! There are a lot of testing centers open around town (at least there were a couple of months ago). They are fast and efficient. I am sure our friend at the Club can set it up for you. I use the eMed tests as they are cheap and easy (like me). My gut feeling is that by the end of May you won't need the test.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Some questions:

I want to ask about lounges too. Are both of them open now? Is one of them CHILD-FREE as before?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Only one lounge was open a few weeks ago. It was my first stay and I wasn’t aware of a second lounge. If they are on the same floor then I entered an empty one by accident. It was across the way from the main lounge entrance. Evening food was cold cuts and desserts and you could order a small sampler plate from staff. One night it was mezze. Globalist breakfast was in the restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.