Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2020, 10:58 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Wow some interesting stuff here and probably off topic from the Churchill.
There are hotels that are rising to the occasion and gone above and beyond to make us feel and be safe in many regards
Others that hide behind the marketing bragging rights of their COVID free cleaning supremacy when its the same old irresponsible
sloppy unsanitary ways pre covid. Unchanged sheets between guests, dirty surfaces ,not changing air filters that are contaminated /dirty,
and a host of other sloppy cleanliness standards
I think for many of us who have taken risks traveling over the years even right after terrorist events and myself being in Hong Kong
during the SARS breakout I think it comes down to individual risk vs benefit equation as there is a part in all of us that says
the outcome may be worth taking the chance until it isn't
Its been a struggle for myself anytime walking out the front door since March wrestling with the internal demons that say fool don't go!
Boraxo likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I wish all hotel adopted the same “can do” attitude as the Churchill. Personally I don’t understand why bars are still open in UK but that’s for a higher pay grade to decide, and of course nobody forces you to visit one.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 4:18 pm

Management Contact?

Does anyone have an email for a rooms manager or general manager here? I'd like to reach out directly about booking a suitable suite for my family of 4.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 11:38 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by League
Does anyone have an email for a rooms manager or general manager here? I'd like to reach out directly about booking a suitable suite for my family of 4.
Here’s the best I have:
[email protected]
Old Aug 16, 2021, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Any recent stays and experiences? Is the club lounge open?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by chanp
Any recent stays and experiences? Is the club lounge open?
The hotel website now says this: “The Regency Club – Temporarily located in the Promenade.”
Old Aug 21, 2021, 6:23 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The hotel website now says this: “The Regency Club – Temporarily located in the Promenade.”
Thanks, anyone use the Club? Same as the one upstairs in terms of offerings?
Old Sep 12, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
This is not a great place to stay, no room service for 3 days, that means you get nothing. I had to buy my own personal items. WiFi’s very spotty and TV didn’t wrk well either. Overpriced place, not worth it.

Last edited by NeedBAHelperDesperately; Sep 13, 2021 at 2:52 am
Old Sep 13, 2021, 7:32 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by NeedBAHelperDesperately
This is not a great place to stay, no room service for 3 days, that means you get nothing. I had to buy my own personal items. WiFi’s very spotty and TV didn’t wrk well either. Overpriced place, not worth it.
Do you mean no housekeeping? Or in-room dining?
Old Sep 13, 2021, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Do you mean no housekeeping? Or in-room dining?
no housekeeping. Not sure about in-room dining because I have not ordered anything from them.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:21 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
As above, you could have requested daily housekeeping.

b. Housekeeping Service is scheduled every three days, unless the guest requests daily service, in which case the room will be cleaned daily and the linen changed every three days. Please let us know your preference
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
As above, you could have requested daily housekeeping.

b. Housekeeping Service is scheduled every three days, unless the guest requests daily service, in which case the room will be cleaned daily and the linen changed every three days. Please let us know your preference
I did request fresh towels delivered to my room daily, the front desk entered it, but nothing was done.
I had spoken to the manager once about something that didn’t go well on my trip, he offered an upgrade but I didn’t take it, he’s a very nice guy, but some people in the front desk are what we call in America pompous. The location is excellent, very central.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:47 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
I did request fresh towels delivered to my room daily, the front desk entered it, but nothing was done.
I had spoken to the manager once about something that didn’t go well on my trip, he offered an upgrade but I didn’t take it, he’s a very nice guy, but some people in the front desk are what we call in America pompous. The location is excellent, very central.
It is often better to resolve these issues onsite. After the first day of them "skipping" housekeeping (even though you requested it), perhaps inquire? These types of service issues are seldom resolved positively once you have departed the property.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by chanp
Thanks, anyone use the Club? Same as the one upstairs in terms of offerings?
They offer a small selection of snacks to you at the table that last week included Samosas, Olives, Cheese etc and a reasonable selection of drinks to choose from that they serve from the bar there. This has been the arrangement for the last few months and added to full breakfast offered downstairs has been rather nice. They told me last week that the lounge should be reopening this week or next, which is a shame as I prefer the current arrangement.

no housekeeping. Not sure about in-room dining because I have not ordered anything from them.
I had full housekeeping service last week on the first night of a two night stay.

While nowhere near full as it would usually be at this time of the year the hotel was the busiest I have seen it in the half a dozen or so stays there since the start of the pandemic. In February I was one of only two guests.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
It is often better to resolve these issues onsite. After the first day of them "skipping" housekeeping (even though you requested it), perhaps inquire? These types of service issues are seldom resolved positively once you have departed the property.
I’ve decided to ignore the guy at the counter, I will report back to Hyatt in the USA, right now I don’t have access to phone. Hyatt is actively courting people to use their card so this is not the way to treat customers. I thought Hyatt is an American brand, it should have better customer service than what I received. The one I stayed at in Boston was excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.