Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:40 pm

Great review, thanks! I'm leaning towards here over Great Scotland Yard (although being so close to Westminster/Thames is tempting) due to the club and suite availability on my dates. Do you recall which you were upgraded to?

Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Just completed a 3-night stay, here are some key points from my stay:
- I asked for the 5% Discretionary fee to be removed in advance of my stay so that I didn't have to deal with it upon check-out. They complied and check-out was hassle free.
- Breakfast for Globalists is in the Montagu restaurant just off the lobby level. This was way better than having breakfast in the often over crowded Regency Club on 8th floor
- I applied a TSU and got a suite on the 9th floor with a terrace. The room had not been remodeled but I do enjoy having the terrace in the summer months. Great view of Portman Square at tree top level
- Regency Club experience was good. On the first day however, it was extremely crowded on the family side with kids running everywhere and pretty much out of control. One boy stuck his hand in the ice bucket and then tried to put the ice bucket on his head. I went to the 'quiet' side and there was a family with kids in there as well. To the staff's credit, they came in and told the parents that no kids were allowed in the adult only lounge. They looked incredulous and acted like being on vacation meant they could take a vacation from being a good parent. They ultimately packed up and left the adult lounge. Canapes were served in the adult club lounge from 5-7 and they were very good each day. You can use the main lounge for breakfast starting at 8am if you want. They had a small selection of pastries with yogurt and juice.
- Staff : our interaction with every staff member was very positive. They did seem to be well trained and responsive. We celebrated an anniversary and we were surprised with a bottle of champagne and some snacks in our room on the first night. That was great, I thought maybe hotels had stopped doing this after Covid to contain costs.

I am biased with regards to Churchill because I have many pleasant memories from staying here over the past 10 years for work and personal travel. It wasn't as quaint and unique as the Great Scotland Yard but I really like the Regency Club experience at the Churchill at a time when many hotels have gone away from providing the club to contain costs. I look forward to returning here again on future trips to one of my favorite cities.
I stayed last week and agree with your sentiments.

Overall, the Churchill feels like it’s back to normal after covid and has seemingly managed to retain its lustre. I’m also glad to have the Regency Club at a time when many others in the Hyatt network are failing to recognise the lounge experience as part of the overall value proposition. Sadly, they can’t always control the clientele 🤫

Overall, staff remain impressive and it’s still my favourite place to stay in London.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bds123123
Do you recall which you were upgraded to?
My upgrade was into the balcony suite. If you want a remodeled suite room you will have to ask for that. I don’t believe that any of the terrace view suites have been remodeled. Also, the terrace takes away from interior square footage so if you want more ‘room’ avoid the terrace.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by WISEMEN
I stayed last week and agree with your sentiments.

Overall, the Churchill feels like it’s back to normal after covid and has seemingly managed to retain its lustre. I’m also glad to have the Regency Club at a time when many others in the Hyatt network are failing to recognise the lounge experience as part of the overall value proposition. Sadly, they can’t always control the clientele 🤫

Overall, staff remain impressive and it’s still my favourite place to stay in London.
Thanks!

Is the lounge open Sunday evening?

I arrive that day and usually skip my first dinner given the 8 hour time zone difference, so some snacks would be perfect.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Having trouble find award availability throughout June. Appears that the standard Queen is only bookable via a bed and breakfast rate which removes it from the award category. Any luck with a workaround via Concierge?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum, UA Gold
I found standard room to be a terrible experience and if you didn't have status check in staff seem quite unaccommodating. Not worth it in my opinion at 700-800 GBP a night. Not sure why it's 5 stars unless you get the top tier rooms. The Club was pretty nice, but that's about it. Not worth it and the pictures are extremely misleading, if you're booking standard. At the bare minimum standard at that price, should have seen some kinda of generic modern HR rooms, but falls short of that. Standard HR in America at $100 is way better.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver, Delta Platinum, AA Platinum Pro
I've always enjoyed the Club lounges here and appreciate having the two available as options. The staff have consistently been unerringly polite and helpful and the food options pre-COVID were very good in my experience.

The rooms have always been good, but not great, and the fitness center really should be 3-4 times the size, but it is OK for cardio.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:15 am

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Which suite?

First time at this hotel in about 5 years, and a lot has happened in the meantime!

Question to those of you who have stayed here multiple times: which suite would you prefer if park views aren't a priority? We have a 4 night stay coming up soon and quiet comfort with perhaps enough space to host some friends for a drink before dinner. TIA for your advice.
- ST
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Wish I had stayed here last week instead of Marriott GS (which I will update separately) as it sounds like service levels are back to normal at Hyatt. Unfortunately not the case at most Marriott properties. Worth walking the extra couple of blocks to Bond St tube.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:47 am

Regency Suite King is what you will get with a upgrade certificate but the Regency Executive suite is larger with separate guest bathroom
Old Sep 22, 2022, 6:12 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Regency Suite King is what you will get with a upgrade certificate but the Regency Executive suite is larger with separate guest bathroom
+1. I’ve stayed in the Regency Executive and the large living room is great for entertaining.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Are all the Regency Suite King rooms the same? Pretty sure I was upgrades to an Exec suite some years ago, and the extra bathroom was a nice but not necessary feature for this trip.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SportsTech
Are all the Regency Suite King rooms the same? Pretty sure I was upgrades to an Exec suite some years ago, and the extra bathroom was a nice but not necessary feature for this trip.
Some have balconies, but that's a separate suite category, although IIRC still considered to be standard suites.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Regency Suite is a junior suite, no door that closes between bed and couch.

I was in a Regency Executive Suite earlier this month at a screaming good rate booked in Sept 21. Loved everything (except only one small closet).

For me, if it doesn't have a door that closes, it’s not a suite.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:01 pm

I don't think that any of the suites on the 9th floor that have terrace have been remodeled. If you want the terrace you will likely get the older room decor. I think all of the suites on the 8th floor have been remodeled. The terrace actually reduces room square footage so in the colder months avoid the 9th floor suites. I prefer the more modern decor of the remodeled rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.