Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:18 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Where's the closet place to get a Rapid COVID Antigen Test for return to the U.S. Not interested in the monitored test you do online.
Churchill Hotel concierge/lobby.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
We used the Collinson test center @ St Pancras train station (50gbp for antigen).
10 min walk + 3 stops on the Tube.

https://www.collinsongroup.com/en/covid-19-testing
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Testing no longer required to comeback to US as of 6/12.
Charlie9 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:07 am

Yea!!!!! No more tests!
River in Sight and Charlie9 like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Ouch, the new decor is not really that great, is it? :—(
I'm here now and this looks a lot like my Recency (JUNIOR) Suite, except mine has no flowers, no round artwork (?) under the TV, and no bench at the foot of the bed. OTOH my coffee maker is in the entryway across from the small walk-in closet and dressing area (?), and my sitting area has an oval ottoman.

I used a TSU on a points booking (rates were about GBP750 per night for a base level room), arrived at 3:45 pm and my suite wasn't ready until 5:20 pm. Check in time is stated as 3:00 pm. NO APOLOGY (not just no customer service gesture or any sort of welcome amenity, not even the word "sorry") and the three "deer in the headlight" front desk staff with whom I interacted made a point of telling me that I had an award stay and had used an upgrade certificate, insinuating that therefore preparing my room was lowest priority. The front desk told me that the previous occupants had already checked out before I arrived and that it should take (ONLY) about forty-five minutes to clean the room. I was sent to the lounge to wait, but surprisingly no one offered a glass of champagne or even to bring a coffee to my seat. Kids (multiple families) in the lounge were running around and listening to videos without headphones.

So far, I'm very disappointed.

ADDED: AVOID if you have a choice. Tonight both lounges are open, but neither is considered a "business" lounge by the staff. Initially it was peaceful, but then a family with four kids under 6-8 yo arrived; the kids were yelling, jumping, dancing, and generally running around the room, and at one point an adult and a kid were simultaneously talking on two different phone calls on speakerphone. Now there's blogger/vlogger family with three teens who either count loudly in unison or chant "one, one, one".....while daddy it talking/ranting loudly on and on about entitled celerities. I guess if the hotel either thinks you'll give it publicity or that you'll pay a lot, no rules apply, Two other couples left the "business"/adult lounge after rolling their eyes, and both seemed to be regulars here. AVOID AVOID AVOID.
TravelingChef likes this.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jun 16, 2022 at 1:19 pm
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:13 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
ADDED: AVOID if you have a choice. Tonight both lounges are open, but neither is considered a "business" lounge by the staff. Initially it was peaceful, but then a family with four kids under 6-8 yo arrived; the kids were yelling, jumping, dancing, and generally running around the room, and at one point an adult and a kid were simultaneously talking on two different phone calls on speakerphone. Now there's blogger/vlogger family with three teens who either count loudly in unison or chant "one, one, one".....while daddy it talking/ranting loudly on and on about entitled celerities. I guess if the hotel either thinks you'll give it publicity or that you'll pay a lot, no rules apply, Two other couples left the "business"/adult lounge after rolling their eyes, and both seemed to be regulars here. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

staff did not enforce the business „no kids“ side of the lounge? That is indeed very disappointing.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Why don't/didn't you call down to the front desk and ask them to enforce the no kids policy and explain the situation? I'm sure they would bring up an enforcer to make it right, unless the family is that sort of 'special' guest that gets away with everything because, you know, money.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I did walk over to the other side to complain but the lounge hostess told me that it wasn't a business lounge. The implication was that the two lounges were considered equivalent, with the former business side open after 5:30 pm to anyone who knew about it and used a key card to enter and perhaps others who were directed there by the lounge hostess. The only difference was that the former business or former adults-only lounge doesn't have sweets.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I did walk over to the other side to complain but the lounge hostess told me that it wasn't a business lounge. The implication was that the two lounges were considered equivalent, with the former business side open after 5:30 pm to anyone who knew about it and used a key card to enter and perhaps others who were directed there by the lounge hostess. The only difference was that the former business or former adults-only lounge doesn't have sweets.
Sounds like 2 combined lounges from hell. Email Arnaud (the GM) and complain about it. Surely there's a need for a business, adults only lounge in business traveler heavy London.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:10 am

OK, but what's his email address? I know Hyatt employees are generally [email protected], but the de and hyphen make it ambiguous.

The latest: No one, starting with the guy who I assume is the head concierge, seems to know where the business center it. Signs on the elevators say ground floor, the concierge sent me to the 8th floor, and no one here ("I'm new") seems to know.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:15 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
OK, but what's his email address? I know Hyatt employees are generally [email protected], but the de and hyphen make it ambiguous.

The latest: No one, starting with the guy who I assume is the head concierge, seems to know where the business center it. Signs on the elevators say ground floor, the concierge sent me to the 8th floor, and no one here ("I'm new") seems to know.
mind it is hyatt.com not gmail.com
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
mind it is hyatt.com not gmail.com
You're right. Either I'm jetlagged or I'm eager to get out of the hotel, in 90 F weather, to escape from the fire alarm tests that should start in less than fifteen minutes.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:43 am

You're right. Either I'm jetlagged or I'm eager to get out of the hotel, in 90 F weather, to escape from the fire alarm tests that should start in less than fifteen minutes.
Is breakfast in the restaurant? I'm deciding between this hotel as a globalist with a TSU and the Holmes Hotel a few blocks north also with a suite upgrade and two kids in tow. The globalist bennies are hard to give up here but if breakfast was in a crowded club I'd definitely lean toward the Holmes since it offers restaurant or room service breakfast and I really have little other use for a large stash of Radisson points.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:05 am

Breakfast is a buffet in a very busy "all day dining" restaurant. This morning there was a line about six parties deep to get a table, and despite social distancing signs, the tables are packed close together with spillover people sitting in a hallway. Breakfast ended at 10:30 am, but it was almost 11 until the last people in line were seated. (It starts at 7, as does room service, so there's no possibility of breakfast here before an early flight.)
redbirdsj likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Is breakfast in the restaurant? I'm deciding between this hotel as a globalist with a TSU and the Holmes Hotel a few blocks north also with a suite upgrade and two kids in tow. The globalist bennies are hard to give up here but if breakfast was in a crowded club I'd definitely lean toward the Holmes since it offers restaurant or room service breakfast and I really have little other use for a large stash of Radisson points.
Does Radisson do confirmed suite upgrades for Platinum now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.