Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
When I was there in July as a Glob, I was never handed a menu or even told anything. Waiter came by and took my drink order, I just walked to the buffet and grabbed food.

Did get a very generous upgrade. Booked a room with two doubles on points for a three-night stay. Hotel checked in a few days before and asked if I had any stay preferences. Told them I only needed one bed and appreciated any upgrade they could offer. Checked in using the app the day of the stay and was upgraded to the Presidential Suite. Admittedly, there are more spectacular Presidential Suites on the planet, but the hotel obviously didn't need to offer me what was a significant, multi-level upgrade for a points stay during a very busy time of the year. I appreciated it and will be back.
tobikosan and luvFclass like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:34 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by steveholt
When I was there in July as a Glob, I was never handed a menu or even told anything. Waiter came by and took my drink order, I just walked to the buffet and grabbed food.
I had to specifically request the menu, the time pictured above -- I just went with the buffet on the other days, but sometimes you want something different

nice score on the upgrade!
steveholt likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Anyone stay in the presidential or discovery suite ? I can’t book it online and no pics. I can book the bi level but there’s no pics as well.

thanks for your help!
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Anyone stay in the presidential or discovery suite ? I can’t book it online and no pics. I can book the bi level but there’s no pics as well.

thanks for your help!
As mentioned above, I just stayed in one of the Presidential Suites. It's certainly nice, but not extravagant. There's lots of seating, including a table with stools that seats about six. There's an iMac in the room. The kitchen has a small fridge. The bedroom is pretty standard, although there's a soaking tub in the bathroom and separate doors for the toilet and shower. If you have any specific questions, let me know.
SKYEG likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:57 am

I'm assuming the breakfast must be paid for non-globalists. But since the regency club is closed, anyone know if we can use the club access award to get "free" breakfast? If so, any idea what else the club access award would grant?
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by jehova
I'm assuming the breakfast must be paid for non-globalists. But since the regency club is closed, anyone know if we can use the club access award to get "free" breakfast? If so, any idea what else the club access award would grant?
Club closed until Sept 5th 2022, breakfast offered in restaurant
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by jehova
If I'm not mistaken, you cannot use club access award when there's no club or the club is closed.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Club closed until Sept 5th 2022, breakfast offered in restaurant
Sep 5 has come and gone and lounge is not open. Hotel lady, by the tone of her voice, seems to think it will never re-open.
lsquare and SKYEG like this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 11:52 am

Spoke with the hotel manager. Reopen date of club is Feb 2023. But that is what their “system shows”. In reality, the manager said the hotel plans to do a major remodel of the club, but they sure still in planning phase.

so definitely won’t open in Feb 2023 and likely not for a long while afterwards. Nothing to do with pandemic.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Whats the latest on check in Globalist suite upgrades to a premium suite? Do they offer it?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:31 am

Spent 2 nights recently, as a globalist. Booked last minute, got no suite upgrade, just a room on a high floor with a decent view. Proactively offered 4 pm late checkout at check in. Breakfast in Mosaic is quite decent, but for some reason I still got charged for it for the second day and had to call a day later to have them refund it - didn't checkout at the front desk, could have caught it then had I done that. I do appreciate that it's served all the way to 11 am as I slept in both days and only got down to eat around 10:45 am.

Hot tub and heated pool still working, and very popular. It gets very cozy in the hot tub on these dreadfully cold and grey Vancouver evenings.

Amazing value for a redemption. With taxes the basic rooms were going for 400 CAD when I booked, but only 9K points.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Is there cheap parking near the hotel?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Is there cheap parking near the hotel?
I don't think there is. But because Hyatt Vancouver is right in downtown, you don't really need a car unless you're going pretty far then you can take bus or skytrain.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 6:48 pm

Does the mobile check-in at this hotel with the mobile key mean a truly FD-free experience? Disappointed by the news that the club is most likely not going to be opened by May.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm in the middle of a stay here now -- upgraded to a balcony room xx01, so from within the room you are looking out across Burrard, but if you go out on the balcony and look to the left you can see the water and the north shore between the buildings, and if you go to the edge and look right you can see the Fairmount (was going to post the building diagram from the inside of the door, but it's already in post 373).

They told me I had to stay under the buffet price, which seems to cover any entree + juice + coffee.

As per that review, the check came stamped with a message that the service charge is included.
Based on the pictures from the buffet, you could essentially make your own lox and bagel sandwich at the buffet instead of paying $26 dollars for one? Oh I guess the one off the menu has mashed potatoes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.