Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2020, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I never got around to posting my observation about this hotel from a stay earlier this year. So the exterior of the hotel looks a bit old. I'm surprised by the lack of choices for pillows here. The ones in the room are way too soft. I called guest services and they told me they'll bring their firmest, which was supposed to be a foam. I got it and it only felt marginally firmer. Also, it doesn't look like a foam pillow at least when compared to the one I have at home and at the Marriott hotels I've stayed at. I can confirm that the parking rate have in and out privileges. I like the location and would consider returning, but they gotta sort out the pillow problem.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LAX
Based on what I have read, the garage this property uses is operated by a third party. When I looked up the parking rates for non-hotel guests, they appeared to be cheaper (non valet) than what the property charges. I realize Hyatt's rate probably includes in and out privileges, but if I am just going to park the car in the garage during a short stay, doesn't it make more sense to pay non-hotel guest rates? Am I missing something?

LAX
Not probably. It does have in and out privileges.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 7:58 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
Not probably. It does have in and out privileges.
Thanks for reporting back. That's what I figured. I think I am going to end up just parking the car there for the duration of my planned stay (probably 2-3 nights), so paying extra for in & out privileges won't be worth it.

LAX
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LAX
Thanks for reporting back. That's what I figured. I think I am going to end up just parking the car there for the duration of my planned stay (probably 2-3 nights), so paying extra for in & out privileges won't be worth it.

LAX
Probably best to call them if you have any questions. Hyatt confirmed it before I made the reservation. At check-in, you'll need to give them your license plate. The parking lot is opened 24/7. I went in and out at various times throughout the day. No problem whatsoever.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those that have been to this property before, which room do you guys prefer? I got a room facing east so I couldn't really see a sunset. The view was still good though. I recalled seeing the mountains to the north and the Fairmont hotel.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I like the balcony room facing down Burrard towards the North Shore.
MarkOK likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I like the balcony room facing down Burrard towards the North Shore.
If your room is facing Burrard, then you're looking east. The North Shore is still visible from the balcony, but barely.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
If your room is facing Burrard, then you're looking east. The North Shore is still visible from the balcony, but barely.
The balcony room I'm usually in is facing straight down. Same as the duplex suite that I sometimes have.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:10 pm

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
They don't seem to be selling club rooms right now. Is the club lounge closed at the moment? Wondering if it's worthwhile to apply a club access award for a stay in a few weeks.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by mechu
They don't seem to be selling club rooms right now. Is the club lounge closed at the moment? Wondering if it's worthwhile to apply a club access award for a stay in a few weeks.
Most Club lounges have been closed for the past 6+ months and will likely remain closed for some time. I don't think you could even use a Club Certificate right now.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mechu
You can't use a CAA if the hotel doesn't offer a club which is currently the case based on your observations.

It's one of the things that has always rubbed me the wrong way about this property, they always close their club multiple times a year.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can't use a CAA if the hotel doesn't offer a club which is currently the case based on your observations.

It's one of the things that has always rubbed me the wrong way about this property, they always close their club multiple times a year.
CAA?

I'm currently at this property right now. I can confirm the lounge and restaurant are closed. Globalists are entitled to a continental breakfast. It's exactly as sound. There's no hot food.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm currently at this property right now. I can confirm the lounge and restaurant are closed. Globalists are entitled to a continental breakfast. It's exactly as sound. There's no hot food.

The lounge always had hot food for breakfast and personally I really don't like Mosaic Restaurant. Unless you have a really good rate I'd rather stay elsewhere under these circumstances. Sheraton Wall Center also has their lounge closed but they offer a full hot breakfast at the restaurant.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The lounge always had hot food for breakfast and personally I really don't like Mosaic Restaurant. Unless you have a really good rate I'd rather stay elsewhere under these circumstances. Sheraton Wall Center also has their lounge closed but they offer a full hot breakfast at the restaurant.
I need my nights to qualify for Globalist. I've already accrued 100 EQNs with Marriott. I also like that this Hyatt have a very reasonable park and stay rate. It's also next to a subway station. The location is simply excellent.

I've been to that Sheraton before and yes, there is breakfast in the restaurant. That's it. I'm not that happy with the Sheraton's location though.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I need my nights to qualify for Globalist. I've already accrued 100 EQNs with Marriott. I also like that this Hyatt have a very reasonable park and stay rate. It's also next to a subway station. The location is simply excellent.

I've been to that Sheraton before and yes, there is breakfast in the restaurant. That's it. I'm not that happy with the Sheraton's location though.
You need Globalist nights this year (2020)? The Hyatt is next to the Skytrain but the Canada Line - City Center Station - is at least in easy walking distance.

I agree, I like the Hyatt location a bit better compared to Sheraton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.