Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Any recent stays? Can anyone weigh in on conflicting reports of parking charges at this property? Have an upcoming full points stay as a Globalist - should I expect valet parking to be comped?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Any recent stays? Can anyone weigh in on conflicting reports of parking charges at this property? Have an upcoming full points stay as a Globalist - should I expect valet parking to be comped?
This is a guaranteed benefit for Globs on points/free night award stays. I don't know of any Hyatt Regency in the world that does NOT have parking available that you can charge to your room. You shouldn't have any issues. Just ask nicely to have it removed if they mistakenly bill you (which does happen rather often).
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I got mine comped on a cash stay but it was emphasized that this was an exception and not the rule.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
This is a guaranteed benefit for Globs on points/free night award stays. I don't know of any Hyatt Regency in the world that does NOT have parking available that you can charge to your room. You shouldn't have any issues. Just ask nicely to have it removed if they mistakenly bill you (which does happen rather often).
That's what I thought, but you never know if the parking is chargeable to the room!
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by caliform
I got mine comped on a cash stay but it was emphasized that this was an exception and not the rule.
If they can comp it, it tells me they can charge to room which means it should be covered by globalist benefit on eligible stays.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Why wouldn't it be charged to the room? It's their own parking garage.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I've stayed in some hotels where parking fees are chargeable to the room folio, but the hotel calls them "ineligible" for earning points. They claim that the parking garage is owned & operated by a separate company, and the hotel merely collects the fees from guests, then forwards them to said company!
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
I've stayed in some hotels where parking fees are chargeable to the room folio, but the hotel calls them "ineligible" for earning points. They claim that the parking garage is owned & operated by a separate company, and the hotel merely collects the fees from guests, then forwards them to said company!
What does that have to do with free parking for Globalists on award stays?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I've always received a parking pass for the self park area (garage) on award stays as recently as May. Never asked for Valet Parking.

Contrary to some posts here it's not their own garage, the facility is operated by imPark.
sch_flyer likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Originally Posted by lighthouse206

What does that have to do with free parking for Globalists on award stays?
It doesn't! I was responding to mentions by Caliform, Seawolf, and Sch_flyer of parking 'chargeable to the room.'
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold...
I've stayed at the Vancouver Hyatt Regency many times as a Diamond and now Globalist. As a guest you have two options of Parking payment. I should note that the garage connected to the Hyatt Regency is a "public" garage. To enter the garage you need to accept the parking ticket. Upon check-in you have the option to either pay at the public garage rate or the Hyatt rate which is billed to your room. The rates will vary according to night/day or weekday/weekend. The front desk will go through the various rates to allow you to choose the cheapest rate. I have not tried to Valet (which uses the same garage), but I have received free parking on point stays. For this, I chose the Hyatt parking rate and I made sure to remind the front desk of the points stay and my Globalist status. Basically they can only comp the parking if you choose the Hyatt rate... because the garage is a public garage.

In the end, don't by shy to escalate to the GM. Hope this helps!
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by VIT-B
I've stayed at the Vancouver Hyatt Regency many times as a Diamond and now Globalist. As a guest you have two options of Parking payment. I should note that the garage connected to the Hyatt Regency is a "public" garage. To enter the garage you need to accept the parking ticket. Upon check-in you have the option to either pay at the public garage rate or the Hyatt rate which is billed to your room. The rates will vary according to night/day or weekday/weekend. The front desk will go through the various rates to allow you to choose the cheapest rate. I have not tried to Valet (which uses the same garage), but I have received free parking on point stays. For this, I chose the Hyatt parking rate and I made sure to remind the front desk of the points stay and my Globalist status. Basically they can only comp the parking if you choose the Hyatt rate... because the garage is a public garage.
In the end, don't by shy to escalate to the GM. Hope this helps!
Glad to hear that the property does comp parking for Globalists on award stays - typically, that includes valet if available, so I may just do that - with two kids, I don't want to schlep to and from the garage if I can help it!
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:47 pm

Glad to hear that the property does comp parking for Globalists on award stays - typically, that includes valet if available, so I may just do that - with two kids, I don't want to schlep to and from the garage if I can help it!
I was just there last week with three kids, and the valet service was super smooth and definitely made things easier. Love the junior suite they put us in. Two bathrooms and wonky long hallway separating the two connecting rooms.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:36 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Possible strike on Thursday, 12 September

Just a heads-up for anyone planing to stay here. Possible strike on Thursday, 12 September

https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/20...n-impasse.html

VANCOUVER—Hotel workers at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver could walk off their jobs as early as Thursday after union members issued a strike notice months into a labour dispute over working conditions and wages.

The workers of the Hyatt are following in the footsteps of workers at Hotel Georgia that issued their strike notice in early August. Hotel Georgia employers followed with a lockout notice effective Aug. 22.

Other hotels part of the downtown hotel bargaining unit includes Westin Bayshore, Pinnacle and Four Seasons.

According to Unite Here Local 40, the Hyatt Regency staff have been without a contract for a year. The union stated on its website that roughly 1,500 hotel workers are affected by negotiations with the five hotels.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Not sure how a strike could affect the HR YVR, I guess it depends on the type of employees who would walk out. I guess they could close down the lounge and provide Club Guests with a breakfast and free minibar which would have to be stocked just like they do it sometimes during the winter months. Housekeeping could be a bigger problem.

That being said I find it deplorable that the owners of this property can't provide their staff with proper contracts considering how the rates have shot up in recent years. I haven't stayed a single time when the published rates for this - let's face it - rather uninspiring business hotel were under 330 CAD.

The staff and the balcony rooms are the strongest factor for me why I stay here and not at the Sheraton Wall Centre. The Hyatt has had a very loyal staff base for years and that should be honoured by providing them with proper working conditions.
Brendan and 59Impala like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.