Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:23 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
One thing to add - the towels here were very fresh and new. Perhaps, I got lucky, but they were really nice.
Thanks for the timely review above - I will be here later this month. Regency Club not yet open is a bit disappointing, but it looks like they took good care of you.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:25 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Thanks for the timely review above - I will be here later this month. Regency Club not yet open is a bit disappointing, but it looks like they took good care of you.
Frankly, I don't even know where it is so I didn't get a chance to peek through the door. However, I was proactively told at check-in that it wasn't open. Curious if this is one that will open. Many HRs seem to be sunsetting their clubs.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:36 pm

Do Globalist get free parking (free nights)?

Do Globalist get free parking for award nights? Thank you in advance!
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Illinwu
Pretty sure it's yes.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Pretty sure it's yes.
Thank you!
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:16 am

Yes, definitely. Stayed here in early-May for three nights on points. Parking was free for me; I am a Globalist.
lsquare and Illinwu like this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Yes, definitely. Stayed here in early-May for three nights on points. Parking was free for me; I am a Globalist.
Thank you so much!
Old Jul 8, 2022, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Thank you so much. How do they handle Globalists’ breakfast- is it buffet only or $ allowance? TIA.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 11:23 am

Thank you so much. How do they handle Globalists’ breakfast- is it buffet only or $ allowance? TIA.
It's buffet with omelet station. Or you can do take-out if you want, but buffet covers basically all take-out food/beverages.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by xcollon
It's buffet with omelet station. Or you can do take-out if you want, but buffet covers basically all take-out food/beverages.
Thank you very much!
Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
On my last visit there earlier this year, I ordered from a menu in the restaurant as the lounge was closed. There was like a soft limit of around C$35.

That's news to me. I wonder if the buffet is as good as the restaurant menu.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:16 pm

On my last visit there earlier this year, I ordered from a menu in the restaurant as the lounge was closed. There was like a soft limit of around C$35.

Thank you. Hope it will allow me to order from the menu. Will report back after my trip at the end of the month.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 11:53 am

Here's a review from recent stay:
https://viewfromthewing.com/hyatt-re...rustrated%20by
Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:55 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'm in the middle of a stay here now -- upgraded to a balcony room xx01, so from within the room you are looking out across Burrard, but if you go out on the balcony and look to the left you can see the water and the north shore between the buildings, and if you go to the edge and look right you can see the Fairmount (was going to post the building diagram from the inside of the door, but it's already in post 373).

They told me I had to stay under the buffet price, which seems to cover any entree + juice + coffee.

As per that review, the check came stamped with a message that the service charge is included.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:08 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Current buffet situation

kaiotes and luvFclass like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.