Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2023, 10:33 am

Programs: Hyatt glob, KLM/AirFrance plat
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm here at the hotel and think their bottled water policy changed. I don't recall having a problem asking for bottled water in the past, but now I'm being told that it's only two bottles for free per day for elites. Non-elites have to pay C$6.75/bottle. This is for "Proud Source Spring Water".

Breakfast is from 6:30 AM to 11:00 AM for those that don't know.
FWIW, there's a water station (dispenses filtered water) in the lobby, and those metallic bottles are pretty durable, so you can fill them in many times. (We are in fact still using ours, occasionally.)
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 8:18 am

August Stay

Stayed here the last week of August and I thought the hotel was fine, and in line with most Hyatt Regencies I’ve stayed at. I found the location to be excellent and we walked everywhere in the city. The employees are all VERY nice and pleasant - always had a smile and were willing to help. Globalist breakfast can be ordered off the menu ($39) or taken to go. You can just ask them if they don’t proactively offer it. Pool was heated and the kids used it every other night without issues. Overall, I would stay here again if I was in Vancouver.

As a side note, I was a little worry about the homeless situation but that really is fairly well confined to a certain area. We were in Vancouver with two little ones and we walked literally everywhere, and it was fine. Stay vigilant when you see it but they really didn’t bother anyone.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jrtraveler1
Stayed here the last week of August and I thought the hotel was fine, and in line with most Hyatt Regencies I’ve stayed at. I found the location to be excellent and we walked everywhere in the city. The employees are all VERY nice and pleasant - always had a smile and were willing to help. Globalist breakfast can be ordered off the menu ($39) or taken to go. You can just ask them if they don’t proactively offer it. Pool was heated and the kids used it every other night without issues. Overall, I would stay here again if I was in Vancouver.

As a side note, I was a little worry about the homeless situation but that really is fairly well confined to a certain area. We were in Vancouver with two little ones and we walked literally everywhere, and it was fine. Stay vigilant when you see it but they really didn’t bother anyone.
"Globalist breakfast can be ordered off the menu ($39) or taken to go", Do i ask for this at the front desk or the restaurant? staying here at the end of the month. Also, as a globalist did you receive a suite upgrade?
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:55 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Yes, they are playing games. They always have been. Once I had to get my concierge involved and lo and behold they opened up an available room so that I can redeem (which was then upgraded to the Suite they were selling but didnt offer on points..)
I am looking to redeem points for two nights in November (a Friday and Saturday night). I'd really like just any room with one king or queen bed. There's an award for a king bed available on Saturday night, but not Friday. On Friday night, they have 2 double beds available for points, though they are selling a room with a king for cash that same night.

What are the odds they might be willing to switch me to a king room if I ask upon check-in?
Old Sep 28, 2023, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by char777
I am looking to redeem points for two nights in November (a Friday and Saturday night). I'd really like just any room with one king or queen bed. There's an award for a king bed available on Saturday night, but not Friday. On Friday night, they have 2 double beds available for points, though they are selling a room with a king for cash that same night.

What are the odds they might be willing to switch me to a king room if I ask upon check-in?
It really depends. They tend to be quite busy, so some days they may not have a lot of availability at check in, unless you arrive early. As a globalist, I have rarely been upgraded in this hotel, over maybe a dozen stays. At one point I made a last minute booking when only 2 double was available, and as you, would have preferred a king. They were not able to switch me to a king on the first night, but was moved to a king for the rest of my stay. FWIW, the 2 "doubles" are decent sized queens. I think you'll be fine regardless, but worth reaching out the morning of arrival to check if they can merge your reservations and put you in a king.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 4:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by martzipan
FWIW, the 2 "doubles" are decent sized queens. I think you'll be fine regardless, but worth reaching out the morning of arrival to check if they can merge your reservations and put you in a king.
Unless something has changed, you are wrong. Those double beds are SMALL, they are definitely NOT a Queen size.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Club lounge still closed?

Is the Hyatt Vancouver club lounge still closed? I tried to redeem a club access award on a Nov booking but Hyatt chat CSR told me to call the hotel directly as they can’t apply the club award in their system.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by samplat
Is the Hyatt Vancouver club lounge still closed? I tried to redeem a club access award on a Nov booking but Hyatt chat CSR told me to call the hotel directly as they can’t apply the club award in their system.
Yes and unlikely to ever reopen.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by olouie
Thanks for the response. Disappointing but not totally unexpected...
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by samplat
Originally Posted by olouie
I've been told it'll be closed for good.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 12:54 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
IMO, club lounges in Canada are usually not anything to write home about (besides the Sheraton Centre properties in Toronto and Montreal) - I would happily trade a closed club lounge for a guaranteed restaurant breakfast (for example, the Marriott Pinnacle suffers because breakfast is only in the small lounge and has limited choices).
Old Sep 29, 2023, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
IMO, club lounges in Canada are usually not anything to write home about (besides the Sheraton Centre properties in Toronto and Montreal) - I would happily trade a closed club lounge for a guaranteed restaurant breakfast (for example, the Marriott Pinnacle suffers because breakfast is only in the small lounge and has limited choices).
Wow. That changed because I had breakfast in the restaurant in 2021.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 9:18 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Has a Globalist ever been upgraded to a premium suite?
Old Nov 8, 2023, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
I stayed here two weekends ago. I redeemed 2 nights for 24,000 points. I temporarily have Explorist status through a work promotion, and I was "upgraded" to a standard room on the 31st floor facing the VAG and Fairmont Hotel.

The hotel is perfectly fine and gets all the basics right. The room was nice and clean. Location is great. Other than that, there's nothing really remarkable or special. It's too bad there's not at least one other option in the city even for variety's sake. If there were a Thompson in Vancouver like the one in Seattle, then I would have definitely tried to stay there.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 11:12 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by tripmaster
Has a Globalist ever been upgraded to a premium suite?
I stayed in late August. I used a TSU to book a suite. I was upgraded to a 1500 sq ft Discovery Suite. It is a premium suite.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.