Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Certificates Are Being Extended?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by gellmania
Not sure if this is the right place to put this or not but just earned my 60th night and noticed my newly deposited Cat 1-7 award expires on 6/27/22. Does that make sense? Not sure how I only have six months to use a certificate I just earned.
Milestone-earned free night awards are 6 month expiration.

Club Access and Suite Upgrade awards are through the end of your current status term.

The Chase reward nights are 12 months.

Yeah- lame.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:00 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Twitter DM has been good for me.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
In the era of social media, management's failure to anticipate this outcome is mind-boggling. They should have either stuck to "sorry, no" or just extended everyone. Instead, they've frozen up the cs channels for at least a week, and created a ton of ill-will.
For sure. Consistency and clarity are key for loyalty programs. I would have been perfectly content, maybe even pleased, if I found out we were all automatically receiving 500 points for expiring CAAs. Because I was one of the lucky ones who received 3k relatively painlessly, I am happy, but only marginally so in the grand scheme of things. Certainly doesn't come close to offsetting all the unhappy folks out there.
NJNY and Kacee like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dontcelebrate
Just got 10k for my free night certificate- I am a Discoverist with no activity recently.

Have tried multiple times on Twitter, Hyatt website chat, and even e-mailed over the last few weeks with no offer besides "get in touch after it expires"

Tried calling twice today. First rep told me that Chase instructed them they are not allowed to do any extensions or conversions for anybody with less than 10 qualifying nights- End of story.

Hung up and called right back. Second rep told me the same thing verbatim- however he said he would ahead and credited my account for 10k points as a courtesy. So people getting 10k are not actually being converted, they are speaking to a Hyatt rep who is nice enough, or has the discretion to give 10k points.
Maybe I should call. I tried via chat and also via Twitter to get points for my expiring Chase free night, but shot down both times citing nothing can be done for the Chase free nights, and was advised to contact them to see if something can be done after it expires. Honestly, it just may not be worth the hassle. I figure a kind message in the new year can’t hurt. I just don’t like the inconsistencies among all the various data points.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:47 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by mastermc54
Maybe I should call. I tried via chat and also via Twitter to get points for my expiring Chase free night, but shot down both times citing nothing can be done for the Chase free nights, and was advised to contact them to see if something can be done after it expires. Honestly, it just may not be worth the hassle. I figure a kind message in the new year can’t hurt. I just don’t like the inconsistencies among all the various data points.
Making matters worse, there wasn't even a hint of the "no comp for Chase certs" policy which seems to have arisen out of thin air over the past week.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I got 2000 points and I'm thrilled. Others got 3000 points and I'm thrilled for them.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you're in the middle. Seems the majority are winning something and are better off because Hyatt is being nice despite headwinds facing hospitality. Cant give everyone the same and can't give auto to everyone as Hyatt will lose too much money.

Marriott extended but has given complete crap care for loyalty members. Hyatt has I feel gone out of the way to make the program great. I'm shocked how generous Hyatt has been to my family.

​​​
Old Dec 31, 2021, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Hyatt has I feel gone out of the way to make the program great.​​​
Until this year and when most of Hyatt stays were in SE Asia and Europe, I'd agree with you. During the Covid-era and having most of my stays domestically, I no longer feel that way. Perhaps I'm jaded, but being Glob in properties Stateside, at least during my experience, has been a marginal benefit. I suppose, there's the "well, it's better than Marriott and Hilton" angle.

Make me ask to have my room cleaned daily, make a call for turndown service and get in the scavenger line for the Glob upgrade wasn't anything I've experienced before with Hyatt. And, enough of the Covid rationale--it's been two years.
js1993 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 2:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Visconti
Until this year and when most of Hyatt stays were in SE Asia and Europe, I'd agree with you. During the Covid-era and having most of my stays domestically, I no longer feel that way. Perhaps I'm jaded, but being Glob in properties Stateside, at least during my experience, has been a marginal benefit. I suppose, there's the "well, it's better than Marriott and Hilton" angle.

Make me ask to have my room cleaned daily, make a call for turndown service and get in the scavenger line for the Glob upgrade wasn't anything I've experienced before with Hyatt. And, enough of the Covid rationale--it's been two years.
Thats the US approach to most things (vs Asia and Europe). Hyatt definitely suffers from it, but it’s a far wider problem than just Hyatt (or just the major hotel chains / hotel sector / travel).
Old Dec 31, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

I hear you. I'm in China where service and benefits remain excellent and daily life 99% normal since March 2020. I've been upgraded to a suite every stay this year I believe w the vast majority to specialty suites.

I've never found loyalty programs meant much in the US because there are too many elites and hardware old, and I doubt I'd be loyal of I were mostly based there. I'd probably just pay for what I want le use Prive etc.

That said Hyatt’s program has been generous like with getting points for club lounge. On property might be a different story
Old Dec 31, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Another data point :

I'm a former Globalist, now Discoverist with no recent stays. I called WOH yesterday (after trying to connect several times via chat unsuccessfully). Waited on hold for about 30 min at 9:30am EST. Was connected with an agent who put me on hold for 15 min 'to review my account' after I asked what my options were to deal with an expiring cat 1-4 night and 4 club passes.

Agent came back and said she could give me 10k points for the cat 1-4 night and they 'start with an offer of 500 pts/pass'. I said they were worth 3000 pts each as that's what most properties give if their club is closed - and afaik, all clubs are closed. She immediately offered 1000 pts/pass but said she could escalate. I was put on hold for another 15 min after which my call was disconnected.

I logged into my WOH account and saw both the 10k points for the free night, and another 12k for the 4 passes. Oddly, the free night and passes still remain in my awards. Sorry, I did not get the agent's name.

Good luck!
Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Approx 20 minute wait on Chat. Agent took 6 minutes to get back after account review. Response was "points have been posted to your account." No amount mentioned.
12,000 for 4 club access expiring today. Very happy!
Old Dec 31, 2021, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Perhaps I'm jaded, but being Glob in properties Stateside, at least during my experience, has been a marginal benefit. I suppose, there's the "well, it's better than Marriott and Hilton" angle.
I'm pleased to report that is not universally true IMO. I've been treated exceptionally well at a number of US properties this year, including particularly GH SFO.
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Twitter DM has been good for me.
I would tell people don't bother. 12 hours for an initial response ("we can give you 10k points per expiring free night award, but no extensions"), still nothing after 22 hours in response to my reply ("10k is fine for my Cat 1-4s, but the 1-7 should be not less than 20k").

Honestly I would have been fine if they just expired everything, but now I'm kinda pissed at how poorly this has been handled. All I asked for is a brief extension of my Cat 1-7.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hedoman
Approx 20 minute wait on Chat. Agent took 6 minutes to get back after account review. Response was "points have been posted to your account." No amount mentioned.
12,000 for 4 club access expiring today. Very happy!
On the phone now with Globalist agent. She said she knows they can give 500 points per expiring Club Award so that's what she is giving me.

I'll take it. It's not 12k like you got, but better than nothing, which is what we got in years past!
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:47 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Contacted Hyatt by chat last night and kept getting logged out, despite my best efforts. By the time I was connected to an agent, unbeknownst to me, a different agent had already seen my initial message, given me 12,000 points for four expiring Club Access Awards, and also given me points for multiple expiring free nights (but not for a Chase free night).

When I asked the agent about getting points, I received a somewhat snippy "you've already been compensated." So not only do I feel like a beggar, I apparently also look like a scam artist. Fun times, Hyatt. Fun times.
NJNY likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 2:56 pm

I made one last attempt to get my SUAs extended via Twitter DM. They said they would only extend one. I said fine, I'll take one extension and 8000 points for the expiring ones as previously offered. I was then told they could not do the points. I sent a frustrated reply about them not honoring their offers on top of this haggling nonsense. Was then told they received supervisor approval to extend all my SUAs. Happy with the outcome but annoyed with the process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.