Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Certificates Are Being Extended?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
All of my TSUs earned in 2021 got their expiration dates extended to January 2025. Called the Globalist line for 4K Points per club access award and request was granted. However all 4 club awards still show visible in my account although I received 16K Points. Good thing Hyatt does not do any clawbacks.
that’s awesome man. My Hyatt globalist concierge only gave me 500 points per club access cert
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Nope, no travel blog. When staying at a property for the first time I usually email ahead with the message advice I gave to the other poster. It typically helps with that stay and from there if they see I’m renting 6 months or so later I typically get an email a few days or a week prior to arrival either from the GM, the Director of Rooms or the Regional Manager.

Maybe they’re thankful a Globalists responds to the surveys giving them good scores? I score fairly and honestly though some get 4’s some get 8’s and some 9’s would be aggregate scores I give.
Andaz West Hollywood did not upgrade me to a suite (even though it was available on app at time of check-in), didn’t push for it as it was only a 1 night stay. I gave them a poor rating on the survey, then the GM or whatever reached out stating they are very limited on suites at this property blah blah blah.

Andaz San Diego which we stayed the following night was excellent. The guest relations manager reached out proactively to ask our arrival time and if we were celebrating anything. They offered free beer/wine at check-in and sent a bottle of champagne up to our room. They’ve earned my future business
ceebee100 and js1993 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Serious question: for those of you who did stay in Hyatts this year who are complaining about FNC not being extended or turned into points, why didn't you use them when you had the chance?

If you were hoping for better redemption values, then the fault is yours and any bone Hyatt throws you is a generous gift. That's how I feel about what was given me

​​​​​​
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Serious question: for those of you who did stay in Hyatts this year who are complaining about FNC not being extended or turned into points, why didn't you use them when you had the chance?

If you were hoping for better redemption values, then the fault is yours and any bone Hyatt throws you is a generous gift. That's how I feel about what was given me

​​​​​​
TBH, I always have a problem getting good use out of the 1-4s. And I don't love using the 1-7s since you can't apply a TSU to those. I'm definitely happier getting 10K on the 1-4s than trying to use them (although I did manage to use 6 at the GH Berlin earlier this year).
Markie and Gertjaars like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:54 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Good question: for me, he TSU's were obtained in the latter half of 2021, and for the End of year dates I wanted to use them - the hotels I had in mind showed zero availability for the the TSUs :/

​​​​​​
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:24 pm

I am discoverist and used a cat 1-4 expiring kate January at hyatt place dallas las colinas on nye as the regency dallas, hyatt place arlington and hyatt place grand prarie were either sold out or had 3 night minimums and I needed just 1 night as I was in town attending the cotton bowl. Not the best use of a certificate but better than potentially forfeiting.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:31 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold

​​​​​​
I think if you consider the category 1-7 FNC, its only valid for 6 months. I had a pretty busy schedule booked for 3 months, then omnicron hit and I haven't had a chance to use it. I am hoping it can be extended beyond February, but Hyatt was saying they haven't made any deicsions for 2022 extensions yet. I will be reaching out this week to see if they have made a decision.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ryandc99
I think if you consider the category 1-7 FNC, its only valid for 6 months. I had a pretty busy schedule booked for 3 months, then omnicron hit and I haven't had a chance to use it.
And if you have a multi-night stay and/or want to use a TSU, you can't use it. That was my situation with Hyatt stays second half of the year.

Plus I had several trips cancelled due to covid-related issues. In retrospect, I should have burned it at GH SFO, but at the time I was planning to use it in New York or Zurich.
ceebee100 and ryandc99 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BaconSF
Andaz West Hollywood did not upgrade me to a suite (even though it was available on app at time of check-in), didn’t push for it as it was only a 1 night stay. I gave them a poor rating on the survey, then the GM or whatever reached out stating they are very limited on suites at this property blah blah blah.

Andaz San Diego which we stayed the following night was excellent. The guest relations manager reached out proactively to ask our arrival time and if we were celebrating anything. They offered free beer/wine at check-in and sent a bottle of champagne up to our room. They’ve earned my future business
Indeed that is how it should be! A business treats you right the first time, you will return. A business doesn't treat you right the first time (no suite upgrade when app clearly shows available etc), why should you return?

That's why I don't get why everyone says repeat Globalist guests should get preferential treatment to a first time Globalist guest. How else are you going to make that first time Globalist a repeat guest if you don't treat them right (proactive suite upgrade, welcome amenity etc)?

As an example, we were in Paris last July and I booked a 1 night stay at the PHV to test it out and see if it was worth all the hype. I had also booked a 5 night stay at the Hotel du Louvre. The HdL treated us very nicely. The PHV showed a Standard Suite available on the app/ website up to 1 hr before I checked in at 2pm, then when I checked in it disappeared. I asked if there were any suites and was told no.

We are booked for Paris again this July and where do you think we're staying?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
And if you have a multi-night stay and/or want to use a TSU, you can't use it. That was my situation with Hyatt stays second half of the year.

Plus I had several trips cancelled due to covid-related issues. In retrospect, I should have burned it at GH SFO, but at the time I was planning to use it in New York or Zurich.
What do you mean by multi night stay can't use it? I have never had issues with using them on multi night stays and combining them with points/cash stays.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What do you mean by multi night stay can't use it? I have never had issues with using them on multi night stays and combining them with points/cash stays.
He's saying, with a TSU. A TSU cannot be applied to a Cat 1-4 or Cat 1-7 reservation.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by ceebee100
Indeed that is how it should be! A business treats you right the first time, you will return. A business doesn't treat you right the first time (no suite upgrade when app clearly shows available etc), why should you return?

That's why I don't get why everyone says repeat Globalist guests should get preferential treatment to a first time Globalist guest. How else are you going to make that first time Globalist a repeat guest if you don't treat them right (proactive suite upgrade, welcome amenity etc)?

As an example, we were in Paris last July and I booked a 1 night stay at the PHV to test it out and see if it was worth all the hype. I had also booked a 5 night stay at the Hotel du Louvre. The HdL treated us very nicely. The PHV showed a Standard Suite available on the app/ website up to 1 hr before I checked in at 2pm, then when I checked in it disappeared. I asked if there were any suites and was told no.

We are booked for Paris again this July and where do you think we're staying?
you make it sound like you are the only globalist wanting a suite upgrade that day. If it was still available (as you checked in the app) at the time of check in, then maybe you have a case. Or are you saying you should have been preupgraded? My first time there I was given a park suite upgrade at the time of checkin when they confirmed that I was okay with a king instead of the twin standard booked.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:02 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
He's saying, with a TSU. A TSU cannot be applied to a Cat 1-4 or Cat 1-7 reservation.
He also said "multi-night stay". I've also never had a problem using them with paid or other award stays.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:06 am

Got it - yeah, it sucks you can't use them with TSUs
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:53 am

Probably better to call to exchange expired Cat 1-4 awards for points. Chat agents seem to be randomly exchanging expired awards and most are denying chat requests today. I have less than 10 qualifying nights and got mine exchanged over chat. Other family members with the same number of nights are being denied over chat.
maple_hill likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.