Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Certificates Are Being Extended?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
Globalist with 90+ nights YTD, reached out via twitter and got an offer of 500 per club cert, 10k per expiring Cat 1-4, and extensions of suite awards. Very odd that they want us to haggle rather than just extending those damn things like all the other chains.
Actually I found it amazing they gave us points for the club awards at all. A globalist has no use for club awards. It has always expired for me, unused. If you book a room for someone else they get guest of honor anyway. And obviously you never need a club award on your own stays. Club awards are only for non-globalists.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Cara332
Used chat on Christmas and was offered 500–declined. Called globalist line today and offered 500 again—declined again. Chatted again this evening and asked upfront for 3k and no problem. 21k points already added to my account.

keep trying and just ask for the 3k!!
How do you have 7 club awards?
I presume this is 7 expiring club awards? I'm not seeing how that is possible. I have 4 expiring this month, and then 2 end of Feb 2022, and then 4 end of Feb 2023.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:52 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Waited on chat for about an hour this morning; the offer was the 500 per Club Access Award (I have seven expiring on 12/31). Agent was a little snippy when I asked if that was the best they could do. Anyhow, I took it. I'm Globalist-lite for 2022 FWIW.
LOL, I just checked my account and they credited me 3,000 points for each Club Access Award that expires on 12/31.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
On the chat yesterday I was given the 3K per expiring CAA. Took about an hour to get someone, and then it took 5 minutes for her to 'look into it'. She typed out something to the affect that "with your long history with the program, we can offer 3K points per award".

I think this is quite generous -- CAAs are rarely useful to me anyways (though, I do have opportunities to use them). Though I've stayed at places with closed lounges quite a bit this year, I was always given a restuarant or room-service breakfast due to the lounge closure which I prefer any day.

Also, HR Tulsa botched my TSU I was throwing away -- We showed up and checked in late, got to the room and it was no suite. Didn't care enough to bother them at the property, but since I was on the chat anyways I made mention of it and they got it back into the account with a full extra year and some to use it. Which was real nice, though I have a hard enough time using 4 TSUs a year ((Since this was a service failure recovery, not really a part of this thread)).

**(Member since 2014, First got glob in 2017 with a fast track promo, then have had over 60 nights a year since)
Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
LOL, I just checked my account and they credited me 3,000 points for each Club Access Award that expires on 12/31.
I saw an account where the chat rep only offered 500 points per CAA expiring this month but then credited 500 points for each one without cancelling any of them. The rep seemed more eager to do the conversion than wait for the customer to approve the conversion.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:46 am

From thread data points on the expiring cat 1-4 certs, Discoverists have been getting nothing while Explorists have gotten 10k. As a Discoverist, not sure if I should book an in-town staycation or roll the dice for more points after expiration
Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Thanks for all the data points, what is the most efficient way to get through right now, is it messaging or phone call? I just spent days cancelling and chasing refunds for various flights so am a bit leery of another customer service time suck!
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Chat message works fine. But it’s like an hour wait. but ite like an hour wait. And you may have to keep refreshing the screen from time to time.

I had this conversion done for a group of accounts and some that are told by chat message that it’s 500 points each have been able to turn it down and then come back later to ask for 3k points each by noting that colleagues or others got 3k points for each.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
I tried the chat, but wait times are unreasonable. Sent a DM to the Twitter concierge team asking for 3000 points per expiring club cert, got a response and points in 10 minutes.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:37 am

For me as a Discoverist, chat is not too bad. Can multitask while waiting. Neither phone nor chat gives an upper bound on wait time so kind of just have to have them on in the background.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All above is for 12/31 not for feb expiring ones right?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
Twitter concierge said 500 points for club awards, final answer, and they credited that amount without my confirmation. They said they are evaluating each individual member to determine the credit. I fully agree with the prior posts--this really is a bonus since the club awards aren't beneficial, so I do appreciate anything--it's just disappointing when it not applied consistently. Wonder if it's just at the discretion of each individual agent?

She did extend my suite awards for a year, so I definitely appreciate that also.

To help with the data points, I'm Globalist/Diamond (20 years).
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 2:48 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by NJNY
Twitter concierge said 500 points for club awards, final answer, and they credited that amount without my confirmation. They said they are evaluating each individual member to determine the credit. I fully agree with the prior posts--this really is a bonus since the club awards aren't beneficial, so I do appreciate anything--it's just disappointing when it not applied consistently. Wonder if it's just at the discretion of each individual agent?

She did extend my suite awards for a year, so I definitely appreciate that also.

Imagine if they weren't "evaluating each individual member" ...
Old Dec 28, 2021, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by NJNY

How many suit awards did you have? I have been offered an extension on 1/3 and hit a brick wall when I ask for more (I'd be happy with 2/3).
Old Dec 28, 2021, 4:37 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I received 500 points/CAA. I think they may be looking at lifetime spend or something like that because the concierge I spoke to had to dig into things for a few minutes. I mentioned that I just had someone message me that they received 3000 and was told it is a case by case basis without what the criteria was.

While I'd love an extra 10,000 points I'm not too worried about it with my upcoming business travel and rates I'm paying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.