Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Certificates Are Being Extended?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I was told that suite upgrades cannot be upgraded over chat. Is that true? Agent said I had to call in and gave me the general reservations number or [email protected], ha! As if either of those will be specialized for these requests. Im surprised there is not a Globalist consumer services line/email.
By "suite upgrades being upgraded" to you mean applying earned TSUs to upgrade rooms? If so, that's one of the best possible use cases for their twitter support. There's someone working 24 hours a day (so if you're worried about your concierge being unavailable and the upgrade space disappearing). I just say:
I would like to apply a TSU to reservation 123456 (Grand Hyatt wherever on date). It looks like suite <standard suite> is available for those days. Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:53 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I was told that suite upgrades cannot be upgraded over chat. Is that true? Agent said I had to call in and gave me the general reservations number or [email protected], ha! As if either of those will be specialized for these requests. Im surprised there is not a Globalist consumer services line/email.
Originally Posted by jameswes
By "suite upgrades being upgraded" to you mean applying earned TSUs to upgrade rooms? If so, that's one of the best possible use cases for their twitter support. There's someone working 24 hours a day (so if you're worried about your concierge being unavailable and the upgrade space disappearing). I just say:
I would like to apply a TSU to reservation 123456 (Grand Hyatt wherever on date). It looks like suite <standard suite> is available for those days. Thanks!
I don't believe that's what was meant. I was also told to contact [email protected] when I asked about extending or getting points for suite upgrade awards.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
I was offered 1,000 points per Club Access Award in a chat session (waited 40 minutes to connect).
I argued it was widely reported that offers of 3,000 / CAA were being given.
The agent replied that refund rates were targeted by individual account. Puzzled but I accepted the 1,000, better than nothing.
I'll send a followup email to the Hyatt Concierge asking for clarification.

Last edited by edsh; Dec 29, 2021 at 2:11 pm
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think we could possibly crack this nut.

The likely factors I see are:

-# of nights YTD
-spend YTD
-# of years as Globalist or whatever level you have
-lifetime spend
-some other calc they have of your value as a customer

Less likely:

-current point total
-number of reservations in your account
Old Dec 29, 2021, 3:48 pm

Tried Twitter and chat via the web multiple times but was denied. Chat advised me to call 888-524-9288 and it worked! Got 10K for a Cat 1-4 cert. Discoverist here
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern

-# of nights YTD
-spend YTD
-lifetime spend

Less likely:

-current point total
None of this explains why the same person with the same conditions gets different offers depending on who they talk with.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL,AA,RR
Tried calling and waited for ~2 hours but no one answered the call.
Same with chat,,,chat stays for about 55 mins and gets disconnected, happened twice without even connecting to an agent. So far, this has been the worst customer service.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by camsam
Tried calling and waited for ~2 hours but no one answered the call.
Same with chat,,,chat stays for about 55 mins and gets disconnected, happened twice without even connecting to an agent. So far, this has been the worst customer service.
See my post above, call 888-524-9288. I called an hour ago and was on hold for 15 mins.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by grlnextdoor
Tried Twitter and chat via the web multiple times but was denied. Chat advised me to call 888-524-9288 and it worked! Got 10K for a Cat 1-4 cert. Discoverist here
Was that for a Chase free night award or one issued by Hyatt?

Edited to add: I called the number above and was on hold for only about 5 minutes! I was given the same reply as twitter and online chat, which is that they are not allowed to give anything for the Chase free nights. Very disappointing.

Last edited by Richard1148; Dec 29, 2021 at 5:23 pm Reason: New info
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:05 pm

See my post above, call 888-524-9288. I called an hour ago and was on hold for 15 mins.
Thanks, this worked for me. I was on wait for about 10 minutes only.
Agent looked at my profile and said she can only honor max 5k points as I did not spend enough nights this year. After some talk, agent said max 7.5k points and cannot give full 10k points. I took it.
BTW, award is still showing in my account, not sure if it can be still used.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:06 pm

Delete

Last edited by camsam; Dec 29, 2021 at 6:06 pm Reason: Duplicate
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Was that for a Chase free night award or one issued by Hyatt?

Edited to add: I called the number above and was on hold for only about 5 minutes! I was given the same reply as twitter and online chat, which is that they are not allowed to give anything for the Chase free nights. Very disappointing.
Mine was free night award from chase credit card. Keep trying.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The consequence of Hyatt not simply extending everything is that all their cs channels are now completely flooded with one-off requests. (I sent dm to twitter team 8.5 hours ago, still no response.)

This whole thing has been very poorly handled.
krazykanuck, jeebus, NJNY and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern

-# of nights YTD
-spend YTD
-lifetime spend

Less likely:

-current point total
just got off with a rep and she mentioned one of the criteria is when your award (club access or free night) was issued as some have been extended once or twice during the pandemic. My club access were originally from 2019 so she said she could only give 500. But then after mentioning 3000 being circled on social media etc., she went on hold for a couple mins and said the best she could do was 1500. Not bad for something that has been worthless 99% of the time for Globalists and used to expire
Old Dec 29, 2021, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Pretty much same here, except I had two certificates so I got 20K. That's good enough for me.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.