Search

Certificates Are Being Extended?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by bigshooter
I received 500 points/CAA. I think they may be looking at lifetime spend or something like that because the concierge I spoke to had to dig into things for a few minutes. I mentioned that I just had someone message me that they received 3000 and was told it is a case by case basis without what the criteria was.

While I'd love an extra 10,000 points I'm not too worried about it with my upcoming business travel and rates I'm paying.
If there is any criteria, it’s not even consistently applied per account. I’ve repeatedly seen reps claim that an account is only going to get 500 points per CAA converted (if proceeding) and yet a short while later a different rep gives the same account 3k points per CAA “converted”. And for those accounts, nothing really had changed in the sub-24 hours other than a different rep gave a different answer and then delivered on the 3k/CAA.
Stgermainparis and js1993 like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
If there is any criteria, it’s not even consistently applied per account. I’ve repeatedly seen reps claim that an account is only going to get 500 points per CAA converted (if proceeding) and yet a short while later a different rep gives the same account 3k points per CAA “converted”. And for those accounts, nothing really had changed in the sub-24 hours other than a different rep gave a different answer and then delivered on the 3k/CAA.
Yep. Spouse got 500 and has had one night all year. Explorist. I got same but have had 25 nights and then 12 extra tier nights with Hyatt biz and personal cc. Most of my nights were revenue ones. Makes no sense.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
When chatting, there is no way to find out how long is the wait. It always response with:

There are currently more than 5 people in the queue
1 hour in then...
There are currently 5 people ahead of you in the queue

Another data point, my concierge never replied to my email about the CAA exchange. Some of them are pretty useless IMHO.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Dec 28, 2021 at 7:18 pm
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:06 pm

Agree with the inconsistency - two chat sessions today separated by about 5 hours: first one asked about CAA and free night cat 1-4 certs, all expiring 12/31... insistent nothing could be done, pressed saying "been reading" etc.. nothing, asked why "criteria is not available" and actually chat session just ended without usual "anything else?"

5 hours later, tried again, offered 3k per CAA (had 4, so 12k total) first offer - accepted, immediately on my account. I asked about free night awards, but he said to call in on those, so didn't want to push.

I'm Explorist with zero actual nights in 2021. Also recently (last month) cancelled WOH CC.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:10 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Another DP

LT Glob, 47 nights this year, 3000 for 1 expiring CAA.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:31 pm

I called in, and was also told 10,000 points for a Cat 1-4 award. I'm only Discoverist.
grlnextdoor likes this.

Last edited by ENFO; Dec 28, 2021 at 7:42 pm
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:58 pm

I think the way Hyatt is handling this "extension" is quite disappointing.

1) To expect for the members to contact individually for an extension is not really a good hospitality mindset.
They should've just unilaterally extended even like 3 months or just convert the awards to points.

2) Even when the members contact them, the criteria that they base on to issue points seem very arbitrary, which can put bitter taste in loyal customer's mouth.
I've seen numerous DPs of Explorists who have spent minimally or even 0 in the recent years and got offered 3000 points for the CAA.
But there are multiple DPs of Globalists with numerous stays this year who got firm 500 points. I initially thought since Globalists have no use for CAA, they are just offering 500.
But then, there are multiple DPs of Globalists who got 3000 points per CAA.
Just out of curiosity, as a Globalist, I kept contacting them after rejecting their firm 500 points offers. At the 4th chat, one person acquiesced into offering 1000 points.
So why did the previous 3 reps not even budge on offering more than 500 points?

3) They are unnecessarily clogging up their customer service channels.
Every chat is 1 hour or longer wait. Twitter apparently takes more than a day to get a response.
What are they trying to achieve here???

I think Hyatt corporate tried to be unnecessarily cheap here. Maybe they should've seen how Hilton handled their extensions.
kevino, enabler, NJNY and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by parioneti
I think the way Hyatt is handling this "extension" is quite disappointing.

1) To expect for the members to contact individually for an extension is not really a good hospitality mindset.
They should've just unilaterally extended even like 3 months or just convert the awards to points.

2) Even when the members contact them, the criteria that they base on to issue points seem very arbitrary, which can put bitter taste in loyal customer's mouth.
I've seen numerous DPs of Explorists who have spent minimally or even 0 in the recent years and got offered 3000 points for the CAA.
But there are multiple DPs of Globalists with numerous stays this year who got firm 500 points. I initially thought since Globalists have no use for CAA, they are just offering 500.
But then, there are multiple DPs of Globalists who got 3000 points per CAA.
Just out of curiosity, as a Globalist, I kept contacting them after rejecting their firm 500 points offers. At the 4th chat, one person acquiesced into offering 1000 points.
So why did the previous 3 reps not even budge on offering more than 500 points?

3) They are unnecessarily clogging up their customer service channels.
Every chat is 1 hour or longer wait. Twitter apparently takes more than a day to get a response.
What are they trying to achieve here???

I think Hyatt corporate tried to be unnecessarily cheap here. Maybe they should've seen how Hilton handled their extensions.
Totally agree. Took the offer of 500 pts per CAA. Will take my loyalty to Marriott next year…its Platinum Elite Status seems to be quite comparable to Hyatt’s Globalist.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Explorist here with no stays since December last year and 2 CAA's + 1 Suite Upgrade expiring.

Used Live Chat on Sunday - after waiting 45 minutes was offered 500 points each, I asked for more - response of 500 only flashed up before chat was disconned.

Tried chat again a couple of hours ago - this time the wait was 70 minutes before being offered 2000 points per CAA and to call re Suite Upgrade - I took it and points are already in account as "bonus points'.

Last edited by serfty; Dec 28, 2021 at 8:26 pm
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Illinwu
Will take my loyalty to Marriott next year…its Platinum Elite Status seems to be quite comparable to Hyatt’s Globalist.
Do you know anything about Marriott, genuinely, and the ongoing Bonvoy dumpster fire? Prepared to be massively underwhelmed.
bigshooter and Pocatello like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Do you know anything about Marriott, genuinely, and the ongoing Bonvoy dumpster fire? Prepared to be massively underwhelmed.
not as well as Hyatt (Gold Elite). Aware of the chain is going to get rid of the Award Chart in March; hope the devaluation will not be as bad as Hilton’s.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Finally got through using chat and to my surprise they gave me 3K per CAA. She did go off a bit to look at my acct... 20 years Glob/Diamond and have reached 48 nights this year. I took the offer right away as I was only offered 500 via phone call. I never used these certs so was very grateful I got 12K for them. I wonder if this is the start of a trend. Not sure if they did this in prior years.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
My wife hasn't had any stays in her account for years. She only maintains Explorist status through continued status matching back and forth between Hyatt and Mlife. She only has CAAs because the last ones awarded due to status alone (before they became a milestone award) got extended through to 12/31/2021 due to COVID. And she got 3000 points apiece for them.

How much business you bring in has absolutely nothing to do with how many points you're awarded. Seems entirely dependent on who is handling your request.
GUWonder and levilevi like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by grlnextdoor
What is your status?
Discoverist.
grlnextdoor likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
I keep getting disconnected after 20 minutes. Both with the app on iOS as well as Safari on Mac

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.