Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Certificates Are Being Extended?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by parioneti
In the end, I think the corporate will be aware of the fiasco eventually as the supervisors seem to be aware of the complaints at the moment according to the anecdotes online. They are aware people are sharing the data points on blogs and forums.
In the era of social media, management's failure to anticipate this outcome is mind-boggling. They should have either stuck to "sorry, no" or just extended everyone. Instead, they've frozen up the cs channels for at least a week, and created a ton of ill-will.
enabler, NJNY and Illinwu like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Richard1148
Called back and got a very nice guy who explained to me that for the Chase free nights to be converted to points, Chase is requiring that the account have at least 10 qualifying nights. I only have 5, so I don't qualify. At least I did get 3k per club access award for a total of 12k.
This is so stupid. If I could have had 10 nights this year (or last year for that matter), I probably could have used my free nights in the process. The fact that I have only 1 night this year is reflective of my travel completely grinding to a halt for the last 2 years, which is the same reason why I've found it difficult to use the free nights.
enabler, Illinwu and js1993 like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jeebus
This is so stupid. If I could have had 10 nights this year (or last year for that matter), I probably could have used my free nights in the process. The fact that I have only 1 night this year is reflective of my travel completely grinding to a halt for the last 2 years, which is the same reason why I've found it difficult to use the free nights.
Not 100% so, reason if rates are really low I wouldnt want to use a cert if I put a price on what I should be saving in order to use it. Also I had a cert with IHG that they wouldnt extended again I said if I was able travel it would have been used originally got the SOL story ended up with the 25K, yet I have over 80 nights with Hyatt. Only got the 25K due to teh status with IHG others w/o got nottin. point is each program can only see what a person had with them and that wont tell them that teh person had 0 stays among all the programs , so each program puts a min limit in order to get something out of it, which is reasonable to me , it would have been nice had they at least gicen some notice say 30 days or more out what they will b edoing so a person could decide to use it since they wont be getting anything in place of it
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:07 am

Wow. Just got 3K points apiece for my expiring Club certs via website live chat.. Waited in the the chat queue for a very long time -- but once I got an agent they granted my request right quick, no questions asked.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:46 am

is consensus that 2 of 3 expiring TSUs being extended as good as it gets?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AllThePants
Wow. Just got 3K points apiece for my expiring Club certs via website live chat.. Waited in the the chat queue for a very long time -- but once I got an agent they granted my request right quick, no questions asked.
How do you avoid the chat timing out?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Twitter response time was over 12 hours yesterday. Definitely not conducive to any back and forth - still waiting for a reply to the response I sent three hours ago.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:19 pm

Just got 10k for my free night certificate- I am a Discoverist with no activity recently.

Have tried multiple times on Twitter, Hyatt website chat, and even e-mailed over the last few weeks with no offer besides "get in touch after it expires"

Tried calling twice today. First rep told me that Chase instructed them they are not allowed to do any extensions or conversions for anybody with less than 10 qualifying nights- End of story.

Hung up and called right back. Second rep told me the same thing verbatim- however he said he would ahead and credited my account for 10k points as a courtesy. So people getting 10k are not actually being converted, they are speaking to a Hyatt rep who is nice enough, or has the discretion to give 10k points.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by AllThePants
Did your points post immediately?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:40 pm

Chat is the way to go. Twitter reply can even take 24 hours.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
is consensus that 2 of 3 expiring TSUs being extended as good as it gets?
I got denied my request for 2/3. They are sticking to 1/3 and offering 4k points for the expired ones on Twitter and via MHC.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Never really had a timeout issue. I was on a computer -- Safari on a Mac. It kept saying "thanks for staying on hold" and "there are more than 5 people in the queue". After about an hour it changed to "4 people in the queue", and then a few minutes later I got an agent.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
you need to keep the browser active... i found typing in the chat or scrolling the chat did not work... but if you scrolll the main hyatt browser that seems to keep it from timing out
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by SolemnWishes
Did your points post immediately?
Yes. Showed up as I was chatting with the agent.

What's more -- I just realized they credited me for four awards despite my having fewer than that. Double wow.

I think the CS agents are slammed right now and are trying to get through the chat queue as quickly as possible. So if you're nice but direct with your request they may just power you through.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:39 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to put this or not but just earned my 60th night and noticed my newly deposited Cat 1-7 award expires on 6/27/22. Does that make sense? Not sure how I only have six months to use a certificate I just earned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.