Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Certificates Are Being Extended?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: AGR S+, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by neutralist
I would like to know if there are any cases of certs getting successfully converted to points, where ALL of the following are true:
- Those awards are from Chase free nights
- Awards expired on 12/31/2021 ( not other dates )
- Have 9 or less nights in 2021 ( including the 5 nights given by the card)

If you did met all the above condition and did try to get the free night converted / extended:
-Did you contact before or after 12/31/2021?
-Contact method ( call / chat / twitter etc.)
-Successful of converting or not
-How many points did you get per night
- Ethnicity / Race

Let's see if we get a pattern here.

=====
My own datapoint:
- 7 nights in 2021 ( 5 from card, 2 from card spend, no actual stay )
- 2 Chase award nights expired 12/31/2021
- DECLINED: Called on 12/27/2021, promised it will be converted to 10K per night to get off the phone. Points not showing, called on Sunday 1/2 and they walked back on promise, citing the 10 night requirement. Call back on 1/3, same result.
- Asian-American
Update:

Called in today near noon using the Explorist line provided by my friend, DECLINED after transferred to the supervisor.

My friend called in himself using my information. After transferred to the supervisor, we got credited 10K points for "apologize for false information". SUCCESS! He is white 😎

Case Closed 😁
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:35 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by smilee

Well great news, I called…… they exchanged my 3 unused suite upgrades for 1 that doesn't expire for over a year! I think that is a fair trade and very happy!
now this is yet another option offered. It gets crazier and crazier with these options. I wonder who comes up with all these fantasy options.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I wrote my concierge before Christmas. He was off for a bit and got back to me last week by giving me 10k points for the 1-4 award, and 12k points for the expiring club access awards. I think he also extended one suite upgrade certificate. This on 12/30 or so.

No twitter, no chat, it took about 5 minutes to write an email asking, and then sending an email thanking him.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Got 10K from my MHC for my Cat 1-4 too.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:50 pm

Update:

Called in today near noon using the Explorist line provided by my friend, DECLINED after transferred to the supervisor.

My friend called in himself using my information. After transferred to the supervisor, we got credited 10K points for "apologize for false information". SUCCESS! He is white 😎

Case Closed 😁
Please tell me this is a terrible attempt at humor.
hedoman and maple_hill like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: Chase, Hyatt
Update:

Case Closed 😁
So you "hung up and called again", and were successful. That's all we have learned.

I'm willing to place large sums of money on the fact that Hyatt doesn't have some fine print in their certificate expiration policy about the perceived race of the caller.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by smilee
.... they exchanged my 3 unused suite upgrades for 1 that doesn't expire for over a year! I think that is a fair trade and very happy!
Originally Posted by 59Impala
now this is yet another option offered. It gets crazier and crazier with these options. I wonder who comes up with all these fantasy options.
That's exactly what they did for me. Had 3 unused and got 1 back with a Feb 2024 expiration

Originally Posted by Julie17
...and offered 500 points per club award. I pushed back, saying I know others received 3000 each, and she said that information was not true. She likened that info to a "game of telephone". I asked if there was another number I could call to pursue further and she put me on hold and came back and offered 1000 per award. I accepted since I was worried that after expiration I might get nothing. Later I got through on the website chat function and explained I was only offered 1000 vs. the 3000 others got and they told me that after I accepted the offer they cannot grant any additional compensation. I asked if the points had already been added to my account and she could see that they had been.
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I wrote my concierge before Christmas. He was off for a bit and got back to me last week by giving me 10k points for the 1-4 award, and 12k points for the expiring club access awards. I think he also extended one suite upgrade certificate. This on 12/30 or so.

No twitter, no chat, it took about 5 minutes to write an email asking, and then sending an email thanking him.
Gee - 3k per club award, yet they were telling others it's all a lie and just a bad game of telephone - no one is getting 3k per award......
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:49 pm

Discoverist, stay 1 night in 2021. have one expired in 12/31 and one expired in Jan 8th, just call in need transfer to Loy rep, exchange the 12/31 one to 10K points, but rep won't touch the Jan 8th one, said no new policy for the 2022 one.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Got 10K from my MHC for my Cat 1-4 too.
Was it expired?
Old Jan 5, 2022, 9:21 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chauming
Was it expired?
Yes. 12/31/21.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I emailed the Consumer Affairs email they gave me last week of December. Still no response. I knew that generic email would not work.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Try emailing Better Business Bureau.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:51 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
This thread seems to have run it's course and so is closed.

Markie - Co-Mod, Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.