Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, United Silver
Just booked New Year's weekend (12/30-1/2) last night @ 30k. Was more availability on same dates even after I booked.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by bunny425
Hi

I wanted to book the 30K points room in 2022, but unable to find any 2 consecutive days. Has anything seen any 30K points standard room availability in 2022 at all? I searched day by day from Jan-Nov and only saw 2 or 3 30K points standard room on non consecutive days. Did the hotel lock all 30K points standard room? or are all the 30K points room all booked for the entire year in 2022 (is that possible)?

If I wanted to use suite upgrade certificate and 48K points room is available, can I ask my concierge or the hotel to book the 48K points room and pay only 30K points? Or does the 30K points standard room need to be available to book first then apply the suite upgrade certificate?

Thanks!
it’s the best deal in the hotel points world, the same as NH F via VS in the airline miles world. i’d not invest much energy in procurring any exceptions.
Tami likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I just cancelled two standard (30k) rooms checking in Nov 12, checking out Nov 14. Was excited to go with family but alas work commitments have prevailed.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:45 pm

FYI, standard rooms are available Dec 23-27, 3 nights minimum.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by HALL1C
FYI, standard rooms are available Dec 23-27, 3 nights minimum.
Interesting to see availability over the holidays.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ralphs
Interesting to see availability over the holidays.
Any views on this property as a Christmas or New Years destination?

The inclusive food would be a plus since it takes away a lot of the stress of having to cook (or having to find open restaurants).
Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:25 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by coleslaw
In "normal" years in Big Sur, December is cool, gloomy, and wet. Average high temps are 57°F (about 14°C) and lows are 47°F (about 8°C). It rains frequently and is often cloudy and overcast. It may be a good time to enjoy the solitude and hang out in your room in front of the fireplace but personally I'd be seeking somewhere a little more festive for the holidays.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:41 pm

Shifting around my 2022 plans and was able to get 3 nights next year at 30k in early November. Similar to the previous question, how is this property in early November? I’m weighing between this and the Alila in Napa although that one I have for 4th of July weekend.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 7:20 pm

Booked 2 nights at 60K each for middle of summer for special occasion. Figured I'd hedge against potential points increase, but also had accumulated a lot of points that were sitting unused. Looking forward to the experience.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw

The inclusive food would be a plus since it takes away a lot of the stress of having to cook (or having to find open restaurants).
Wife and I are staying in early December, hope the weather isn't as bad as everyone says.
​​​
Old Oct 26, 2021, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by apbalch
Shifting around my 2022 plans and was able to get 3 nights next year at 30k in early November. Similar to the previous question, how is this property in early November? I’m weighing between this and the Alila in Napa although that one I have for 4th of July weekend.
Napa will be one big traffic jam during the Fourth of July holiday weekend.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 9:23 am

Just snagged an off-peak, three nights standard room reservation for Aug. I was expecting Ventana to be almost entirely standard/peak, so this is encouraging.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by Tami
Just snagged an off-peak, three nights standard room reservation for Aug. I was expecting Ventana to be almost entirely standard/peak, so this is encouraging.
Heh - first week of sept turns into peak...
Old Oct 26, 2021, 6:56 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Heh - first week of sept turns into peak...
Some very odd designation of off-peak dates. I'm so glad I was able to pay a net of 22.5k per night a year ago during Bonus Journeys. Best hotel deal ever.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Any Hwy 1 issues from the storm?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.