Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2021, 6:04 pm

Does anyone know if they have a resort shop on site? Specifically selling Ventana branded hats, shirts, sweaters, etc.?
Old Jul 20, 2021, 6:19 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Cmag211
Does anyone know if they have a resort shop on site? Specifically selling Ventana branded hats, shirts, sweaters, etc.?
Yes. I didn't look at all the products on offer earlier today, but I recall seeing jackets and sweatshirts.
​​​​​​
Cmag211 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 6:43 pm

They have a really small area with those items for sale in front of the check-in desks.
Cmag211 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:03 pm

In the front desk area and at the spa. I bet they sell a ton of sweatshirts in the summer
Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:03 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I made reservations about 3 weeks out (mainly because I knew I'd otherwise likely forget) for my (sold out) dates. I had the pick of any slots I wanted. I'd say a few weeks in advance is plenty of time.
Do you have a good contact to make the reservations? Did you do it via email?
Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:27 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ryandc99
The "leisure concierge" reached out via email a couple weeks before our stay with a list of activities and an offer to make dinner reservations. We got our preferred time 2 of 3 nights and the other night was 15 minutes later.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Originally Posted by ryandc99
via email works just fine, [email protected] replies in a day or two
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:56 am

Yeah, I fell for a $35 hat.
agjil likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:20 pm

Just wanted to give some quick advice for people looking to book on points, click dates one by one for a one night stay (this is easier on the app) until you find a 30k night. Then look around that date for two night stays and you might find something. Not sure if this is helpful to anyone, but I managed to book a two night stay for 30k for this Sunday.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by BasedChe
Just wanted to give some quick advice for people looking to book on points, click dates one by one for a one night stay (this is easier on the app) until you find a 30k night. Then look around that date for two night stays and you might find something. Not sure if this is helpful to anyone, but I managed to book a two night stay for 30k for this Sunday.
I also recommend using the Open Hotel Alert website set to the standard rooms given how bad Hyatt's site is. I was able to piece out a 3 night 30K/night stay around Christmas doing this. Now the real question is how nice the area will be in Mid-December and if I'll really be able to take advantage of the pools/hot-tubs...
jona970318 and Soccerjoshj07 like this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BasedChe
Their availability is super volatile... it comes and goes all the time. It's worth setting up some alerts for the dates you're interested in so you can systematically monitor it.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 8:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by boolean64
In the front desk area and at the spa. I bet they sell a ton of sweatshirts in the summer
lol like having the sweatshirt concession at fisherman's wharf in August!

Q: How do you know when it's August in San Francisco?
A: All the tourists shivering on streetcorners.
estnet, 59Impala and caliform like this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 3:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
More like every month
Old Jul 25, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
After a rather disappointing stay (2 years ago), we thought we would give Ventana another try. We booked over 6 months ago for a September 2021 stay. Already things are off to bad start.

When staying at non-city resorts, we are usually the type of people to pre-book activities, spa treatments, and meals well in advance. In fact, at many of the resorts we stayed at earlier this year (e.g., Blackberry Farm, Montage Palmetto Bluff) this was strongly recommended.

I reached out to the Ventana concierge 4 months ago to pre-book dinner, activities, and spa. While they were able to confirm our dinner time slots within a week of my first reaching out, it took nearly 2 months for them to confirm our spa appointments, and they have yet to confirm any of our activities. For each email I sent the concierge, I have to send a reminder email to get a follow up, and even then the wait is 1-2 weeks for a reply. I've tried calling but usually no one picks up except for the reservationist. What's most frustrating is that each time I get an email response, it's of the "we'll look into" variety (only to get ghosted on again).

Hopefully, the experience on-site is better, but I'm a little worried it be a disappointing experience like our last. While the setting is beautiful, the service is definitely more that of a 4 start hotel than a hotel charging $2,000+/night.

(We are already planning our trips for Summer / Fall 2022 and every other hotel of this price point that we will be staying at has been super responsive.)
Old Jul 25, 2021, 5:15 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UAflyer93
After a rather disappointing stay (2 years ago), we thought we would give Ventana another try. We booked over 6 months ago for a September 2021 stay. Already things are off to bad start.

When staying at non-city resorts, we are usually the type of people to pre-book activities, spa treatments, and meals well in advance. In fact, at many of the resorts we stayed at earlier this year (e.g., Blackberry Farm, Montage Palmetto Bluff) this was strongly recommended.

I reached out to the Ventana concierge 4 months ago to pre-book dinner, activities, and spa. While they were able to confirm our dinner time slots within a week of my first reaching out, it took nearly 2 months for them to confirm our spa appointments, and they have yet to confirm any of our activities. For each email I sent the concierge, I have to send a reminder email to get a follow up, and even then the wait is 1-2 weeks for a reply. I've tried calling but usually no one picks up except for the reservationist. What's most frustrating is that each time I get an email response, it's of the "we'll look into" variety (only to get ghosted on again).

Hopefully, the experience on-site is better, but I'm a little worried it be a disappointing experience like our last. While the setting is beautiful, the service is definitely more that of a 4 start hotel than a hotel charging $2,000+/night.

(We are already planning our trips for Summer / Fall 2022 and every other hotel of this price point that we will be staying at has been super responsive.)
Have you noticed if the hotel is understaffed in any way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.