Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:00 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by kmandrew
We are arriving tomorrow, 9:45 at SJC, thinking a couple of hours in Santa Cruz/Carmel maybe get there around 1/1:30?
I realize our room won’t be ready but is it ok?
Yes. I highly recommend arriving at least that early. Have lunch at the pool and walk around or swim or do anything else you want to do.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are arriving tomorrow, 9:45 at SJC, thinking a couple of hours in Santa Cruz/Carmel maybe get there around 1/1:30?
I realize our room won’t be ready but is it ok?
How many nights are you there for? If you're there for two or three nights, you might want to do more between SJC and Ventana since you'll have a decent amount of time at Ventana.

But I do see the value in having lunch there by the pool, at least if the weather is nice.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:57 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Or lunch at the smokehouse if you have a room number but not yet a key.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Are all rates all-inclusive, or just the ones that are specified as all-inclusive?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:18 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by chenalex
Are all rates all-inclusive, or just the ones that are specified as all-inclusive?
What rates do you see that don't indicate they are inclusive?
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skj
What rates do you see that don't indicate they are inclusive?
For the weekend I’m going in January, there’s a “book now and save 10%” rate that doesn’t say it’s all inclusive and a separate “inclusive offer” category.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:33 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

For the weekend I’m going in January, there’s a “book now and save 10%” rate that doesn’t say it’s all inclusive and a separate “inclusive offer” category.
I would call the hotel and confirm that it’s a website omission.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:59 am
skj

Interesting that this hotel is participating in this offer ...

Hyatt's web site indicates in multiple places that this is likely an oversight in the rate rules. For example, the reservations page states "Each resort booking now features an array of inclusive offerings including all meals." and the hotel's sites say "Each Ventana booking now features the following inclusive offerings: Dining in-room (all meals), poolside on your dedicated chaise lounge (lunch), or at The Sur House (breakfast and dinner)." and "Our new inclusive model enhances the experience even further; meals are included with your stay, and upgraded options such as alcoholic beverages are available for separate purchase."

If you're at all concerned though, it wouldn't hurt to send the property an email and get written confirmation that this rate includes the same benefits as the "Inclusive Offer" rate.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by skj
Interesting that this hotel is participating in this offer ...

Hyatt's web site indicates in multiple places that this is likely an oversight in the rate rules. For example, the reservations page states "Each resort booking now features an array of inclusive offerings including all meals." and the hotel's sites say "Each Ventana booking now features the following inclusive offerings: Dining in-room (all meals), poolside on your dedicated chaise lounge (lunch), or at The Sur House (breakfast and dinner)." and "Our new inclusive model enhances the experience even further; meals are included with your stay, and upgraded options such as alcoholic beverages are available for separate purchase."

If you're at all concerned though, it wouldn't hurt to send the property an email and get written confirmation that this rate includes the same benefits as the "Inclusive Offer" rate.
However, the word "array" to me suggests that there may be half board options or perhaps a package that includes standard alcoholic beverages such as would be offered on some cruise ships. AFAIK Ventana Big Sur does no such thing.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:51 pm

My concierge said that my award booking for November of 2022 is all inclusive - for what it’s worth.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 10:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
I'm also staying here a few nights in January. I asked Hyatt about it and they told me all rates including award stays are all-inclusive.
chenalex likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:38 am
skj

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However, the word "array" to me suggests that there may be half board options or perhaps a package that includes standard alcoholic beverages such as would be offered on some cruise ships. AFAIK Ventana Big Sur does no such thing.
The word "array" refers to a variety of "inclusive offerings", beyond food and drink. From the reservations page:

"Each resort booking now features an array of inclusive offerings including all meals. Check here to view inclusions."

Here's the full list from the web site ...

"Each Ventana booking now features the following inclusive offerings:
  • Dining in-room (all meals), poolside on your dedicated chaise lounge (lunch), or at The Sur House (breakfast and dinner)—which has a spacious new seating plan and is now reserved exclusively for resort guests.
  • Convenient, healthy, and inspiring snacks to take on the day’s adventures, along with complimentary keepsake reusable water bottles.
  • Access to the resort’s Signature Experiences such as Yoga, meditation, Tai Chi, and daily hikes.
  • Access to fitness center.
  • Volvo chauffeur service within a three-mile radius
  • The Excursion Outpost, featuring complimentary items for your use on hikes and more.
  • New outdoor lounging nooks across the grounds, perfect for couples.
Restrictions:

Please note that spa services, retail, Alila Experiences, upgraded food offerings and alcoholic beverages—including our award-winning cocktails and wines from our 10,000-bottle cellar—are available for a supplementary charge."
Old Nov 23, 2021, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Just returned - we both liked it
Looking at next November, when I put in 2 nights the nightly rate is 35k
I then put in one night (same days) it comes up 53k, I assume this means they are now requiring a 2 night stay to book 35k?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 6:16 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just returned - we both liked it
Looking at next November, when I put in 2 nights the nightly rate is 35k
I then put in one night (same days) it comes up 53k, I assume this means they are now requiring a 2 night stay to book 35k?
Exactly. Two nights is as low as they go on minimum stay except possibly the day before.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
OK
I only have 30k left so would have to spend around $700 to buy 40k, probably still do it
I did ask the front desk person how many rooms were in service (around 50) and what percentage were award stays (around 50/75%).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.