Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RioAg
Just returned - but had to go all in and get a premium suite with points. Last year we had a standard room and used a suite upgrade.

what are they considering a standard room now? I know this has been discussed at one point, but can’t seem to find it. Apparently it’s not a king bed with fireplace.

No availability next fall.. a year ahead of time for the “standard” award.

we loved the hot tub suite- but definitely not worth double points over standard room + suite upgrade cert to Big Sur suite.

thanks!
King Room with Fireplace is a standard room - sometimes you can see this room type available but won't see standard award availability. If you reach out to Hyatt on Twitter they'll be able to book it for you.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:43 pm

Just returned - but had to go all in and get a premium suite with points. Last year we had a standard room and used a suite upgrade.

what are they considering a standard room now? I know this has been discussed at one point, but can’t seem to find it. Apparently it’s not a king bed with fireplace.

No availability next fall.. a year ahead of time for the “standard” award.

we loved the hot tub suite- but definitely not worth double points over standard room + suite upgrade cert to Big Sur suite.

thanks!
standard:

standard suite:

Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:45 pm

Thanks for the quick response!

this is what I was thinking, rooms king/fire place but no award availability.

I’ll check with my Hyatt concierge- she’s been awesome.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:47 pm

maybe they release awards in waves? but do tell if you find anything
Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:50 pm

Will do for sure.

I’m thinking about booking next fall now.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 7:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist

They also have a 1 King Deluxe with Fireplace. That's not considered standard
RioAg likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:03 pm

Staying there in a few weeks. Can anyone advise on which activities are included and which ones have an upcharge?
Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:26 pm

The complimentary activities are: group guided hike, morning classes (yoga, meditation, Tai Chi) and afternoon fitness classes (water aerobics, stretching, Barre). Nightly smores.
jona970318 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 6:03 pm

Thanks! Are all group guided hikes free or are they all the same? Also how intense are the hikes? I've got a torn ACL and my knee just isn't the same..
Old Nov 11, 2021, 7:04 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Thanks! Are all group guided hikes free or are they all the same? Also how intense are the hikes? I've got a torn ACL and my knee just isn't the same..
There is a daily hike I think around 10 am that is open to any resort guest. It is free and departs daily. I would not call it strenuous at all.
ZBigFam and AWood like this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 7:16 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Ventana is all about solitude with your significant other. Group activities could disrupt that solitude. But that’s just me.
RioAg and AWood like this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 8:32 pm

Has anyone hired a professional photographer during their stay? I didn't see this service offered by the resort, but my wife and I are visiting in a couple weeks for our anniversary/baby-moon trip and would love to get some professional photos taken while we're there. Is the best route to search local listings for a freelancer who lives in the area? Any recommendations are appreciated!
Old Nov 11, 2021, 8:34 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by srichey10
Has anyone hired a professional photographer during their stay? I didn't see this service offered by the resort, but my wife and I are visiting in a couple weeks for our anniversary/baby-moon trip and would love to get some professional photos taken while we're there. Is the best route to search local listings for a freelancer who lives in the area? Any recommendations are appreciated!
Can't help with the photo matter (apologies), but for a special occasion like that and if you're up for the added expense, I highly recommend the private dinner at the Glass House. The menu isn't special relative to the restaurant but it's a beautiful experience with a dedicated server and really compliments the intimate nature of a stay at the property.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 8:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by srichey10
Congrats on the anniversary / baby moon! Kendal DeLaura is local and she's awesome (www.thedelauras.com). Her schedule is usually super packed though so best to reach out asap! I actually have a shortlist of preferred photographers from Post Ranch (Kendal is on that list), the others are Joshua Rose (Big Sur Wedding Photographer | Joshua Rose Photography), Evynn Levalley (www.evynnlevalley.com), Brandon Scott (https://brandonscottphoto.co/) Peer Johnson (www.peerjohnson.com), and Ian Martin (www.ianmartinphotography.com). Ventana's preferred vendor list photographers has Carlie Statsky (www.carliestatsky.com) and Manuel Ortega (www.manuelortegaphoto.com).

Full disclosure I've only used Kendal so can't comment on the others, but they are all local to the area and I assume if they're on Post Ranch / Ventana preferred vendor lists they should be good =)
MSPeconomist and srichey10 like this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 8:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Oops my post posted twice and I can't figure out how to delete

Last edited by lily23; Nov 11, 2021 at 8:49 pm Reason: duplicate post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.