Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt Brand for China - UrCove

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hyatt Brand for China - UrCove

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2023, 6:16 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by moondog
-Fat Cow
-The Italian place next to Fat Cow
-Ola
Not sure if they still do this, but Fat Cow BOGO on Mondays is a great vibe.

That's why I posted the phone number.
Makes sense.
Old May 17, 2023, 7:37 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Moderator note

A number of posts relating generally to Google/Apple maps and VPN usage have been moved to the China forum, please follow that part of the discussion there.

Thanks,
Zorak
WasKnown and tailorgiven like this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 11:08 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
How are you supposed to book a UrCove?

Specifically, I'm looking at the UrCove Jiashan Center. Here is the problem:

On the Hyatt website checkout page, it says that it only accepts Visa.

But when I select my Visa card, it errors out.

Are these just impossible to book through hyatt.com? I even called the Globalist line and they were unable to book it because of the card issue.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
How are you supposed to book a UrCove?

Specifically, I'm looking at the UrCove Jiashan Center. Here is the problem:

On the Hyatt website checkout page, it says that it only accepts Visa.

But when I select my Visa card, it errors out.

Are these just impossible to book through hyatt.com? I even called the Globalist line and they were unable to book it because of the card issue.
I see that they only accept UnionPay cards from Chinese banks:

Old Jun 15, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
I see that they only accept UnionPay cards from Chinese banks:

Yeah I saw that too, so you can see where my confusion is coming from when the checkout page says Visa only then denies Visa right?

Also, I have a UnionPay card but due to the Visa only requirement, it rejects my UP card.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 1:50 am

Seems to be a problem unique to that hotel. I used my Hyatt Visa to stay at a UrCove in Hangzhou last weekend without any issue.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Is there a list of UrCove that accept foreigners and allow booking via the Hyatt app? I have my Chase Hyatt Visa saved in the app and want to use that to settle the bill.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 5:57 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
The issue w URcove is some hotels accepts foreigners and some don't, some need a local credit card or pay via WeChat while others accept Hyatt Visa card. My guess is local regulations are coming into play. I'm not sure if these are franchised or not but if franchised local owners might not want the added hassle of setting up intl credit card services as it costs more and paperwork of accepting foreigners more annoying.

We kind of have to contact individual properties to see what's up
Old Jun 20, 2023, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SHLTP
The issue w URcove is some hotels accepts foreigners and some don't, some need a local credit card or pay via WeChat while others accept Hyatt Visa card. My guess is local regulations are coming into play. I'm not sure if these are franchised or not but if franchised local owners might not want the added hassle of setting up intl credit card services as it costs more and paperwork of accepting foreigners more annoying.

We kind of have to contact individual properties to see what's up
Maybe we should compile a list.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lsquare
Maybe we should compile a list.
Call these guys: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ch...shanghai/uc002
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why?
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:46 am

Why?
It's an okay (but, not great) location.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's an okay (but, not great) location.
So they accept foreigners? You've stayed there before? Why call them if I could just book via the Hyatt app?
Old Jun 20, 2023, 9:38 am

So they accept foreigners? You've stayed there before? Why call them if I could just book via the Hyatt app?
There are reports in this thread about URCove properties denying non-Chinese guests. Calling them to ask if they want you will only take one minute.

ETA: If you arrive at 10p and get told to pound sand, they might walk you to the 168, which is a little less nice, and does accept foreigners, but this would cost you 45 minutes of sleep. The odds of them bringing you to GH or PH would be close to zero. URCove is an ECONOMY hotel directed at the Chinese market. The OP makes this quite clear.

ETA2: This hotel is a Home inn with a facelift. The area has decent subway access, thanks to 14, but I don't think the hotel is better than other economy hotels in the same neighborhood, though a number of them don't allow foreigners. However, there aren't many great Hyatt options in Shanghai. I assume you want to stay in downtown. If so, I think the Andax is your only other option.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by moondog; Jun 20, 2023 at 4:30 pm
Old Jul 21, 2023, 3:57 am

Wujiaochang

I'm writing here in response to a post lsquare made in a different thread.

I don't know if the Wujiaochang (Shanghai, Yangpu) UrCove accepts foreigners (my guess is YES); here is their phone number:
+86 21 6506 1033

For booking, the UrCove official miniprogram (scan the code below) is only a little more expensive than Ctrip. Hyatt.com (US site) was significantly more than both on the dates I spot-checked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.