Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt Brand for China - UrCove

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AAdvantage EXP

Not sure about the name :/

Hyatt and BTG Homeinns Unveil New Hospitality Brand Under Joint Venture
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
From the article:

The first two UrCove hotels are expected to open in Shanghai and Beijing by late 2020
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Potentially a 15th brand that would allow me to avoid the hideous all-inclusives in the Caribbean...
Old Jun 22, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
If they're serious about "upper midscale," think a level similar to Fairfield Inn (Marriott), Hampton Inn (Hilton), or Holiday Inn Express (HIE). In other words, this might be a very cheap way to get stay credits, especially if it expands to secondary and tertiary markets in China.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
I don't think Hyatt will use this as a reason to acquire Homeinn. Anyway, don't expect it'll participates in WOH.
For example:
Hampton Inn in China does not participate in Hilton Honors program.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by antebellum
I don't think Hyatt will use this as a reason to acquire Homeinn. Anyway, don't expect it'll participates in WOH.
For example:
Not sure why you have random uncited text in the form of a quote but your information is outdated. Hampton Inn hotels in China began to participate in HH from January this year. I can't find it discussed on FT but it's on many of the blogs.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AAdvantage EXP
UrCove has been added to Hyatt.com it seems: UrCove Hotels. The first and only UrCove listed is in Shanghai and the site says it will open this year. Category 1.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
For example:
According to OMAAT, UrCove stays will earn points and I'm assuming nights will count toward status. Apparently rates will start at ¥600, which is pretty cheap by Western standard.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coggie
UrCove has been added to Hyatt.com it seems: UrCove Hotels. The first and only UrCove listed is in Shanghai and the site says it will open this year. Category 1.
I can't wait to try it. It appears to be close to a subway station. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to try it until 2021 due to COVID-19.

moondog Any comment on the location of this hotel?
Old Jul 30, 2020, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CXYYZ
Not sure why you have random uncited text in the form of a quote but your information is outdated. Hampton Inn hotels in China began to participate in HH from January this year. I can't find it discussed on FT but it's on many of the blogs.
Source?
Old Jul 30, 2020, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stvr
If they're serious about "upper midscale," think a level similar to Fairfield Inn (Marriott), Hampton Inn (Hilton), or Holiday Inn Express (HIE). In other words, this might be a very cheap way to get stay credits, especially if it expands to secondary and tertiary markets in China.
I think there is that possibility. Given that rates start at ¥600 and it seems to be pretty close to a subway station, I could see this particular hotel in Shanghai as a cheap place to earn EQNs for status. Obviously I can't comment on the quality of the hotel as I haven't stayed there. I have tried HomeInn in various Chinese cities before and I think it's more than good enough for the price.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by lsquare
According to OMAAT, UrCove stays will earn points and I'm assuming nights will count toward status. Apparently rates will start at ¥600, which is pretty cheap by Western standard.
https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/07/30/...ctober-1-2020/

The Member will also earn credit for one (1) Tier-Qualifying Night for each Eligible UrCove Night completed, subject to the Program Terms.”
Old Jul 30, 2020, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/07/30/...ctober-1-2020/

The Member will also earn credit for one (1) Tier-Qualifying Night for each Eligible UrCove Night completed, subject to the Program Terms.”
I take that as a yes that UrCove stays earn EQNs and points if booked through Hyatt.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 11:28 pm

Programs: NZ*G, MAR Titanium, HLT Diamond
For example: Hampton Inn in China does not participate in Hilton Honors program.
If not mistaken, all Hampton hotels in China have already joined Honors. I believe their original plan to create a separate loyalty programme failed to take off and now all properties are participating in Honors.

UrCove does feel like a Hampton or a Courtyard. Of course, when you think of Hampton or Courtyard, the Asian version is considerably different and much more upper scale than those in North America.

In China, Hampton and Courtyard are full service and definitely sit above Fairfield or HIX. I spoke to the owner of a Courtyard in Northern China the other day when I complimented his property that could have easily been a Renaissance or Sheraton, he told me the only reason why he chose the Courtyard brand was so that it would be considered below 5 Star and many government officials and business travellers can only stay below 5 Star hotels and he would have lost these guests.

Last edited by Xiaotung; Jul 30, 2020 at 11:34 pm
Old Jul 31, 2020, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
If not mistaken, all Hampton hotels in China have already joined Honors. I believe their original plan to create a separate loyalty programme failed to take off and now all properties are participating in Honors.

UrCove does feel like a Hampton or a Courtyard. Of course, when you think of Hampton or Courtyard, the Asian version is considerably different and much more upper scale than those in North America.

In China, Hampton and Courtyard are full service and definitely sit above Fairfield or HIX. I spoke to the owner of a Courtyard in Northern China the other day when I complimented his property that could have easily been a Renaissance or Sheraton, he told me the only reason why he chose the Courtyard brand was so that it would be considered below 5 Star and many government officials and business travellers can only stay below 5 Star hotels and he would have lost these guests.
I've already been to a few Courtyard and Renaissance properties in China. It's really hard for me to pick between the two since they're both pretty good. I really liked my Marriott experiences in China so far. I have yet to have been to a property that have disappointed me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.