Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt Brand for China - UrCove

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hyatt Brand for China - UrCove

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2020, 1:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Giroud
This hotel is in Puxi, which is on the other side of the river. With public transportation I would guess 90 minutes away from Disney.
Thank you.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 9:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
It would not be a good base to go to Disney. Unless you really really want the nights for requalification purposes, I would not stay here

Stay in Pudong
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Matt4200
The rooms look much nicer than a Hyatt Place for being a Category 1.

Any reason I’m not seeing the prices are fairly low? Also, if anyone knows how far this property is from Shanghai Disney that’d be appreciated considering a stay in 2021.
The rooms does indeed look nice and I'll try it as soon as I can travel to China again. With regards to location, don't stay here if you want to go to Disney.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 10:57 pm

Does not appear to be bookable on the Hyatt website or app now. Checked multiple dates in October, November and December and no dice.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SHLTP
It would not be a good base to go to Disney. Unless you really really want the nights for requalification purposes, I would not stay here

Stay in Pudong
It's only about a 10 minute walk away from Jiangsu Rd Stn, which is on Line 11, so Disney would be fine for a day trip or two. The Wuding Rd/Yanping Rd restaurant and bar area is about 5 minutes in the other direction. I'm not a huge fan of the specific location, and the subway access isn't great, but it's not horrible, and certainly more convenient than Lujiazui for most people.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
UrCove is now listed as a brand on the Brand Explorer.

If only for the 1/5 progress towards that free night, this hotel might be worth a visit if you're passing through Shanghai...
Old Sep 20, 2020, 7:26 pm

Checked again, this time for dates in January. It appears the earliest bookable date is Jan 1, even though the hotel site says it opens Oct 1. Make of that what you will.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 12:44 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
It appears two of the three UrCove hotels in Shanghai - Lujiazui and Wujiaochang - are now open. Rates for both tonight for a one-night stay are 341 and 321 CNY [approx. 51 and 48 USD]. I also did some scouting through Google and found some photos taken on Chinese travel forums, and have included them below.

All in all, these look like very nice properties - modern, clean and well-designed.

khabah

lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Those are really affordable rates by US standard. I'm definitely going to give it a try once I get back to China. Is it confirmed that I'll get 1 Hyatt EQN for each night at UrCove?
Old Oct 9, 2020, 1:54 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by lsquare
Those are really affordable rates by US standard. I'm definitely going to give it a try once I get back to China. Is it confirmed that I'll get 1 Hyatt EQN for each night at UrCove?
Super affordable. I'm really happy with how they look - if I could get back to China, this'd be an easy one to cross off the Brand Explorer list [especially since they've apparently got many more hotels planned for Beijing, Chengdu and all over China].

According to this press release issued by Hyatt in August, you'll get all of these benefits by booking through Hyatt:
  • World of Hyatt members will earn five Base Points per $1 USD spent on eligible room revenue
  • World of Hyatt members will receive the standard tier Bonus Points on eligible room revenue spend (10 percent Discoverist, 20 percent Explorist, 30 percent Globalist)
  • Qualifying nights will count toward earning World of Hyatt elite-tier status
  • Qualifying stays will count toward earning the 5 Unique Brand Free Night Award credit
  • World of Hyatt members can redeem points or Points + Cash to use for free night awards in standard rooms; each forthcoming UrCove property will be categorized into Hyatt’s existing hotel award chart
  • All World of Hyatt Credit Card members will earn an additional four Bonus Points, for a total of nine World of Hyatt points, per $1 spent at UrCove hotels. Hyatt Credit Card members will earn an additional three Bonus Points (U.S. only)
  • In-hotel benefits that vary by member tier and include things like complimentary premium Wi-Fi, late check out, free parking for Globalists and more.
If I'm not mistaken, upgrades aren't offered at UrCove and Globalists are offered breakfast.

khabah
Old Oct 9, 2020, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by khabah
Super affordable. I'm really happy with how they look - if I could get back to China, this'd be an easy one to cross off the Brand Explorer list [especially since they've apparently got many more hotels planned for Beijing, Chengdu and all over China].

According to this press release issued by Hyatt in August, you'll get all of these benefits by booking through Hyatt:
  • World of Hyatt members will earn five Base Points per $1 USD spent on eligible room revenue
  • World of Hyatt members will receive the standard tier Bonus Points on eligible room revenue spend (10 percent Discoverist, 20 percent Explorist, 30 percent Globalist)
  • Qualifying nights will count toward earning World of Hyatt elite-tier status
  • Qualifying stays will count toward earning the 5 Unique Brand Free Night Award credit
  • World of Hyatt members can redeem points or Points + Cash to use for free night awards in standard rooms; each forthcoming UrCove property will be categorized into Hyatt’s existing hotel award chart
  • All World of Hyatt Credit Card members will earn an additional four Bonus Points, for a total of nine World of Hyatt points, per $1 spent at UrCove hotels. Hyatt Credit Card members will earn an additional three Bonus Points (U.S. only)
  • In-hotel benefits that vary by member tier and include things like complimentary premium Wi-Fi, late check out, free parking for Globalists and more.
If I'm not mistaken, upgrades aren't offered at UrCove and Globalists are offered breakfast.

khabah
Breakfast is only for Globalists?

I think this chain is going to be a hit. It seems perfect for the price. COVID and 2020 can't end soon enough!
Old Oct 18, 2020, 8:24 pm

Well that's new.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 3:48 am

It's outrageous. I just called and the front desk said they don't have the license to accept foreigners at this time.

If this is the case, Hyatt should not put these hotels on the website.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 4:48 am

I spoke with Globalist concierge in China . They said they waiting for approval and hope to let foreigners Stay by November 1. Who knows if this is true. Approvals never go according to plan. And the property itself told me they have no idea when.

I told the concierge this is BS and that they should not advertise the hotels on the Hyatt website or in brand explorer until all people can stay.

They also only put the limitations afyer the book tab. It should be at the hotel landing page at the top and say they're working to resolve situation and get permits.

Not cool. Not cool at all
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by SHLTP
It's outrageous. I just called and the front desk said they don't have the license to accept foreigners at this time.

If this is the case, Hyatt should not put these hotels on the website.
Do you realize that Hyatt has a lot of Chinese customers that can book and stay at these properties?
59Impala likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.