Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt Brand for China - UrCove

New Hyatt Brand for China - UrCove

Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by joecool1885
Showing 25 mins when I punch it into Google.
Not really that walkable...
Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lsquare
Not really that walkable...
1500 meters definitely qualifies as walkable in my book, but probably not with luggage in this case.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by moondog
1500 meters definitely qualifies as walkable in my book, but probably not with luggage in this case.
I agree that 1.5km would be walkable, and I would do it even in hot summer heat, and even with luggage.

Leave UrCove Futian CBD and enter Metro Station via Exit 32. Walk from one end of the station to the other (air conditioned, flat walk, with escalators) and come out at Exit B2. The Park Hyatt is then 2.5 blocks away on street level (flat road, and easy walk).
moondog and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I agree that 1.5km would be walkable, and I would do it even in hot summer heat, and even with luggage.

Leave UrCove Futian CBD and enter Metro Station via Exit 32. Walk from one end of the station to the other (air conditioned, flat walk, with escalators) and come out at Exit B2. The Park Hyatt is then 2.5 blocks away on street level (flat road, and easy walk).
That's a great idea! Google Maps wouldn't have told me that!
Old Feb 24, 2024, 2:01 pm

That's a great idea! Google Maps wouldn't have told me that!
Why would you rely on Google Maps for any places in China? That ship sailed years ago.
germatory likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:46 pm

I stayed one night at UrCove Shenzhen Futian CBD yesterday, and took a picture of the Station map, below. This should be more clear of what is involved to walk between this hotel and the Park Hyatt Shenzhen.

Exit 32 is shown. This is part of Futian Metro Station. Walk through the station and go to Futian Train Station (in blue). Walk all the way to Exit 9. This should put you at Shopping Park Metro Station (of Line 1). There are clear signs (hanging from the ceiling and also on the floor) directing to Park Hyatt Shenzhen and also Futian Shangri-La.

iwc, lsquare and Aventine like this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:02 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Which is the nicest UrCove in Shenzhen? Not particularly concerned about location.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Which is the nicest UrCove in Shenzhen? Not particularly concerned about location.
I have stayed in three:
- UrCove Shenzhen Futian CBD
- UrCove Shenzhen Bay
- UrCove Luohu

I prefer the Luohu location mainly because the hotel always gives (upgrades?) me to a corner room. Windows on two sides, which makes the room very bright. And, this is the only hotel of the three that has windows that open. Very important to me when the hotel does not turn on air conditioning during the months shouldering winter; I hate stuffy rooms.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have stayed in three:
- UrCove Shenzhen Futian CBD
- UrCove Shenzhen Bay
- UrCove Luohu

I prefer the Luohu location mainly because the hotel always gives (upgrades?) me to a corner room. Windows on two sides, which makes the room very bright. And, this is the only hotel of the three that has windows that open. Very important to me when the hotel does not turn on air conditioning during the months shouldering winter; I hate stuffy rooms.
Which one has the best access to transit?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:03 am

Which one has the best access to transit?
All three are within 5-7 min walk of metro station(s).

Check this map: https://shenzhen.exploremetro.com/metro/

- UrCove Futian CBD is at Futian Metro Station (Exit 32); also Futian Train Station
- UrCove Shenzhen Bay is at Shangsha Metro Station (Exit C)
- UrCove Luohu is at Hongling North Metro Station (Exit G)
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA, UA.
UrCove Foshan Downton. Is this true with UrCove brand only give one room per day with points award? I been try multiple date Oct and Nov. After I book one room with points and try again with different Hyatt account and not able to get another room with points for the same day. I chat with Hyatt and they said the same thing. Is Hyatt allows the behavior ?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 6:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by moon4fun
UrCove Foshan Downton. Is this true with UrCove brand only give one room per day with points award? I been try multiple date Oct and Nov. After I book one room with points and try again with different Hyatt account and not able to get another room with points for the same day. I chat with Hyatt and they said the same thing. Is Hyatt allows the behavior ?
How many room per day for point redemption is entirely up to the Hotel.

There are Hotels which rarely (or never, possibly) open any room for point redemption and yet get by fine (e.g., Grand Hyatt Hefei).
Old Apr 24, 2024, 9:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Anyone have a clue why UrCove Shenzhen Bay completely drops off for bookings beginning August 1st? Been looking at it for months, no changes.

No mentions of closure/reno/departure from Hyatt on their site or in the app. This is my preference for a visit, but have an alternate booked for now.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by joecool1885
Anyone have a clue why UrCove Shenzhen Bay completely drops off for bookings beginning August 1st? Been looking at it for months, no changes.

No mentions of closure/reno/departure from Hyatt on their site or in the app. This is my preference for a visit, but have an alternate booked for now.
It seems to be bookable in August via the miniprogram for me.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by germatory
How many room per day for point redemption is entirely up to the Hotel.

There are Hotels which rarely (or never, possibly) open any room for point redemption and yet get by fine (e.g., Grand Hyatt Hefei).
Is the cash rate decent? I wonder how that hotel gets away with behavior like that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.