FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Hyatt Brand for China - UrCove
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2020, 11:28 pm
Xiaotung

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by antebellum
I don't think Hyatt will use this as a reason to acquire Homeinn. Anyway, don't expect it'll participates in WOH.
For example: Hampton Inn in China does not participate in Hilton Honors program.
If not mistaken, all Hampton hotels in China have already joined Honors. I believe their original plan to create a separate loyalty programme failed to take off and now all properties are participating in Honors.

UrCove does feel like a Hampton or a Courtyard. Of course, when you think of Hampton or Courtyard, the Asian version is considerably different and much more upper scale than those in North America.

In China, Hampton and Courtyard are full service and definitely sit above Fairfield or HIX. I spoke to the owner of a Courtyard in Northern China the other day when I complimented his property that could have easily been a Renaissance or Sheraton, he told me the only reason why he chose the Courtyard brand was so that it would be considered below 5 Star and many government officials and business travellers can only stay below 5 Star hotels and he would have lost these guests.

Last edited by Xiaotung; Jul 30, 2020 at 11:34 pm