FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Hyatt Brand for China - UrCove
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2020, 2:47 am
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
If not mistaken, all Hampton hotels in China have already joined Honors. I believe their original plan to create a separate loyalty programme failed to take off and now all properties are participating in Honors.

UrCove does feel like a Hampton or a Courtyard. Of course, when you think of Hampton or Courtyard, the Asian version is considerably different and much more upper scale than those in North America.

In China, Hampton and Courtyard are full service and definitely sit above Fairfield or HIX. I spoke to the owner of a Courtyard in Northern China the other day when I complimented his property that could have easily been a Renaissance or Sheraton, he told me the only reason why he chose the Courtyard brand was so that it would be considered below 5 Star and many government officials and business travellers can only stay below 5 Star hotels and he would have lost these guests.
I've already been to a few Courtyard and Renaissance properties in China. It's really hard for me to pick between the two since they're both pretty good. I really liked my Marriott experiences in China so far. I have yet to have been to a property that have disappointed me.