Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt Brand for China - UrCove

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hyatt Brand for China - UrCove

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2023, 7:01 pm

The front desk receptionalists in many of the UrCove hotels can't even speak Englist. I just compeleted 17 nights in Hyatt hotels in various cities in China. My experience is that it is usually much less hassle to deal with PH/GH/HR/HP/Andaz brands in China rather than those independent brands. The reason that you need to call each hotel (especially for hotels ourside of Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou areas) indivially is because each hotel must comply with its own local regulations about whether or not allowing passport to check in. Being able to to book on Hyatt website does not guarantee that you can checkin with your passport. It is even trickier that even for hotels in the same city, they could have different local regulations simply because they belong to different district of the city. We learned all these in a hard way.
hypocrite likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 7:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by simplyyou
The front desk receptionalists in many of the UrCove hotels can't even speak Englist. I just compeleted 17 nights in Hyatt hotels in various cities in China. My experience is that it is usually much less hassle to deal with PH/GH/HR/HP/Andaz brands in China rather than those independent brands. The reason that you need to call each hotel (especially for hotels ourside of Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou areas) indivially is because each hotel must comply with its own local regulations about whether or not allowing passport to check in. Being able to to book on Hyatt website does not guarantee that you can checkin with your passport. It is even trickier that even for hotels in the same city, they could have different local regulations simply because they belong to different district of the city. We learned all these in a hard way.
Thanks for sharing

Urcove is a JV with Hyatt hence many of their hotels either don't accept foreigners or don't accept foreign credit cards, or both. Sometimes the specific Urcove property will list this out on their website but more often or not they don't. Based on my experiences, they are very slow at responding to emails and a call directly to the property works best.

Properties accepting foreigners and foreign credit cards include:
- Beijing International Convention Center UrCove
- Shanghai Jing'an UrCove
- Shanghai Lujiazui Expo UrCove

Properties that don't accept foreigners:
- Beijing Wangfujing UrCove

Properties that don't accept foreign credit cards:
- Jiashan Center UrCove
Old Jul 22, 2023, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

To summarize:

1. If you don't know whether a specific UrCove accepts foreigners, simply call them and ask them in Chinese (email is a complete waste of time)
2. Once you have a greenlight, it's probably best to book via their minipgrogram (QR code quoted below)

I'm honestly shocked that we're still discussing these issues here because this stuff isn't rocket science.

Originally Posted by moondog

Old Jul 22, 2023, 8:42 pm

To summarize:

1. If you don't know whether a specific UrCove accepts foreigners, simply call them and ask them in Chinese (email is a complete waste of time)
2. Once you have a greenlight, it's probably best to book via their minipgrogram (QR code quoted below)

I'm honestly shocked that we're still discussing these issues here because this stuff isn't rocket science.
Do you get Hyatt SNP by booking through the UrCove mini program?
Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by simplyyou
Would it be possible for me (in the US) to book for family in China to stay at one of these and get credit for the nights? Or is that just creating even more complications?
Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:55 pm

The elite night have to be credited to whoever check in the hotel in person. If you use guest of honor booking, it will be credited to the guest
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by angel_yunjie
Would it be possible for me (in the US) to book for family in China to stay at one of these and get credit for the nights? Or is that just creating even more complications?
You need to be there to check-in to get the qualifying nights.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 9:32 pm

Programs: AC 50K | WS Gold | Bonvoy Titanium | Hilton Gold | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by germatory
Thanks for sharing

Urcove is a JV with Hyatt hence many of their hotels either don't accept foreigners or don't accept foreign credit cards, or both. Sometimes the specific Urcove property will list this out on their website but more often or not they don't. Based on my experiences, they are very slow at responding to emails and a call directly to the property works best.

Properties accepting foreigners and foreign credit cards include:
- Beijing International Convention Center UrCove
- Shanghai Jing'an UrCove
- Shanghai Lujiazui Expo UrCove
- Shanghai UrCove Shanghai Pudong East
- Hangzhou UrCove Westlake

Properties that don't accept foreigners:
- Beijing Wangfujing UrCove

- Jiashan Center UrCove

Do you get Hyatt SNP by booking through the UrCove mini program?
Nope, you get a discount but no Hyatt SNP or benefits.

Oh, also adding that the transactions post as Ru Jia Jiu Dian (Chinese spelling of the Home Inn Chain), but I did get 4x Hyatt points on my Hyatt card.

Last edited by thereisnoaddress; Sep 20, 2023 at 9:34 pm Reason: added details about Hyatt 4x points
Old Sep 21, 2023, 4:11 am

- Jiashan Center UrCove
Ever since WeChat started promoting foreign credit cards, I haven't been rejected once, even by mom & pop stores that wouldn't dream of accepting any sort of plastic. The fee free limit is 200 per transaction, but most places are fine splitting larger amounts into separate charges.
lsquare and ajarora like this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 9:34 am

Had a one-night stay at UrCove Shenzhen Bay on Saturday. Nice stay. The hotel is on the top 6-7 floors of a 44-floor office building, which itself is part of a shopping mall/residential complex development. On Apple Maps, I could not find "UrCove Shenzhen Bay", but the hotel was listed as "Shenzhen Chegong Miaoyifei Hotel". The hotel is 7-8 min walk from Exit C of Shenzhen Metro Line 7 Shangsha Station.

Check-in was quick and staff were friendly. I will not post any photos here, since those on the Hyatt site are quite representative. Did not get any upgrade (the hotel was not busy, and all room types were available). I booked a seaview room, and the view was good. The fitness centre and laundry room are also on the 43rd floor, right off the elevators. Most annoying of the room is that aircon has been turned off and I could not get the room below 22 degrees. The windows do open, though, so I could get some fresh air into the room. Breakfast on the 44th floor restaurant is mediocre quality, as expected of all UrCoves in general, but the view from the restaurant is great (faces the sea).

I went back and forth to my room at least 6-7 times during my stay, and each time, there were housekeeping staff cleaning the rooms. They were VERY FRIENDLY and engaging, each time seeing asking if I needed anything for the room, any water, etc. Honestly speaking, some housekeeping staff in five-star hotels I have stayed at have not reached this level of service!

I would gladly stay here again if ever visiting Shenzhen Bay area.
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Are there any other confirmed UrCoves in Shenzhen that accept foreigners and foreign credit cards?

Ever since WeChat started promoting foreign credit cards, I haven't been rejected once, even by mom & pop stores that wouldn't dream of accepting any sort of plastic. The fee free limit is 200 per transaction, but most places are fine splitting larger amounts into separate charges.
But if you use WeChat linked to a Chase Hyatt at an UrCove, will it still code as a Hyatt purchase and get 4x points?

Last edited by lsquare; Dec 25, 2023 at 5:58 pm
Old Dec 25, 2023, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
But if you use WeChat linked to a Chase Hyatt at an UrCove, will it still code as a Hyatt purchase and get 4x points?
You wont get 4x points when paying via WeChat linked to the Hyatt credit card.

It will appear as a Tencent transaction.

Paying directly with the Hyatt card will result in 4x points for most UrCove that are coded as RUJIAJIUDIAN.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
You wont get 4x points when paying via WeChat linked to the Hyatt credit card.

It will appear as a Tencent transaction.

Paying directly with the Hyatt card will result in 4x points for most UrCove that are coded as RUJIAJIUDIAN.
Rujia is Chinese for Home Inn. Interesting!
Old Dec 25, 2023, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Rujia is Chinese for Home Inn. Interesting!
Not only is Home Inn the Chinese partner in the JV, but more than half of the properties are legacy Home Inns.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:15 pm

No way I can get a local as my 2nd guest to check in who can speak Chinese etc for me to get credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.