Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt Brand for China - UrCove

New Hyatt Brand for China - UrCove

Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kaiotes
No way I can get a local as my 2nd guest to check in who can speak Chinese etc for me to get credit?
​​​​​​If you just want your badge, surly you pick a location that accepts foreigners, no?

Last edited by moondog; Feb 10, 2024 at 9:49 pm
Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
​​​​​​If you just want your badge, surly you pick a location that accepts foreigners, no?
I won't be in china thus I need someone there to help me check in. Yes it's for brand explorer. The eqn helps but not worth the goh
Old Feb 10, 2024, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by kaiotes
I won't be in china thus I need someone there to help me check in. Yes it's for brand explorer. The eqn helps but not worth the goh
So, you essentially want WoH to account for you as a guest without being a registered guest? I'm trying to mentally wrap my arms around how that could work from logistical/technical (i.e. how the PSB system interacts with the WoH system) and practical (i.e. your friend explaining the objective to the front desk person) standpoints. I suppose you could try calling the GM of your target property in advance and running your plan by him/her?
Old Feb 10, 2024, 11:25 pm

I guess this is wishful thinking? Isn't it possible at least In the US for the 2nd guest to checkin ahead of time or even say remotely checkin via the app?
Old Feb 21, 2024, 9:06 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Planning one night at a URCove in Shenzhen (followed by two at the Park Hyatt). Anyone here visited any of them from the states to confirm they take American passports?

I've speculatively booked Shenzhen Bay Eco-Tech Park, and my preference would be Shenzhen Bay... but the latter is for some reason not taking bookings for August and beyond (and I've been monitoring for months so far).
Old Feb 21, 2024, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by joecool1885
Planning one night at a URCove in Shenzhen (followed by two at the Park Hyatt). Anyone here visited any of them from the states to confirm they take American passports?

I've speculatively booked Shenzhen Bay Eco-Tech Park, and my preference would be Shenzhen Bay... but the latter is for some reason not taking bookings for August and beyond (and I've been monitoring for months so far).
I was wondering the same thing. Really want to go back to SZ this year.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:13 pm

Since it's bookable on ctrip's English app/site, I'm guessing it accepts foreigners. Did you call the property?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I called the hotel for you - Shenzhen urcove accepts foreigners
goodgirl and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SHLTP
I called the hotel for you - Shenzhen urcove accepts foreigners
All of the Shenzhen UrCoves accept foreigners?
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:57 pm

Shenzhen Futian CBD is easily walkable to the Park Hyatt. Is this a point to consider?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Shenzhen Futian CBD is easily walkable to the Park Hyatt. Is this a point to consider?
I'm game either way. Whichever I end up with I'm looking at the higher tier rooms (all seem to have minimal cost difference), so considering views, location, rooms in the decision.

But like UrCove Shenzhen Bay, this is not currently showing available to book for my date range in late August.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which UrCove is easily walkable to the PH?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Which UrCove is easily walkable to the PH?
UrCove Shenzhen Futian CBD.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UrCove Shenzhen Futian CBD.
How long is the walk? I can't get Google Maps to work.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
How long is the walk? I can't get Google Maps to work.
Showing 25 mins when I punch it into Google.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.