Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Central Park New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thompson Central Park New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, IHG Diamond, Omni Platinum
Has anyone booked a SNA after the re-opening date? I see that the "Junior Suite King" is available for my desired dates but was told that room type isn't eligible for SNA use. The agent then read the names of the two room types that are SNA-eligible but I don't see those room types on the Parker website.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by drod
Has anyone booked a SNA after the re-opening date? I see that the "Junior Suite King" is available for my desired dates but was told that room type isn't eligible for SNA use. The agent then read the names of the two room types that are SNA-eligible but I don't see those room types on the Parker website.
You usually cant apply TSUs until right before a property opens. They seem to not even be taking points reservations right now.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:45 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Website reflecting the new branding and name is now up at the following link. The hotel will be known as Thompson Central Park New York. Category 5.

khabah
Old Aug 27, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by khabah
Website reflecting the new branding and name is now up at the following link. The hotel will be known as Thompson Central Park New York. Category 5.

khabah
Cat 5 has to be a mistake, right? A holdover from the Parker? I mean, it is bookable right now for 20,000 points, so...
Old Aug 27, 2021, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yeah it's hard to see Cat 5 sticking for long.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 2:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
I don’t remember the Indian restaurant, is that fairly new?
Old Aug 27, 2021, 6:40 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by khabah
  • A selection of condos in the uppermost portion of the building, with 48 "affordably priced" between 1.5 to 2.5 million USD around 400/500 square feet and up, as well as two rooftop condos with outdoor hot tubs for 20 million.
I know this is from last year and it may be outdated but this is an absolute scam LOL. If you want to live in that area with the same exposures, it would be cheaper to just buy in Metropolitan tower. That pricing is The Waldorf-Astoria level. No clue if it priced at that level but it’s truly funny to me lol.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:24 pm

Does anyone know if the pool is still going to be accessible as once it reopens?
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cmag211
Does anyone know if the pool is still going to be accessible as once it reopens?
The pool at the Parker was shut down well before the property itself closed for renovation/rebranding.

A pool is not listed under the amenities for the Thompson Central Park, so it's probably safe to say that they won't be reopening the pool.

It's a shame since there are so few NYC properties with a pool.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:43 pm

I heard the pool was being removed and they were turning that space into residential space or something.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
The pool at the Parker was shut down well before the property itself closed for renovation/rebranding.

A pool is not listed under the amenities for the Thompson Central Park, so it's probably safe to say that they won't be reopening the pool.

Thanks for the reply, that is a bummer. Staying two nights the first week it’s open, and then staying two nights at the Park Hyatt (for my first time).

Will post here with thoughts on the property.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:45 pm

Thanks for the reply, that is a bummer. Staying two nights the first week it’s open, and then staying two nights at the Park Hyatt (for my first time).

Will post here with thoughts on the property.
Aside from the pool no longer being there, the site also says the fitness center isn’t opening until “November”. Which makes me think it will be a few weeks after the hotel opening date.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw

I asked about the pool during my last stay which was 2 years ago now. When my son was younger we were able to get a summer membership to use the pool one year which is where he learned how to swim. We were hoping that it would be available again one day more so for sentimental reasons. According to the front desk though, condos are also being sold in the building as well and the pool area will be use for the condo owners only.

Last edited by Tonyr4; Oct 17, 2021 at 6:03 pm
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:52 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
The lack of pool must be why the category is so much lower than the PH - not!

I'll also be staying here in its opening month after a trip to the PH - I'm excited to try it out.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
I don’t remember the Indian restaurant, is that fairly new?
It's about 3 years old or so. I haven't eaten there yet but the inside is beautiful and the food gets good reviews.
TravisMT81 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.