Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Central Park New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thompson Central Park New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:57 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by travelerp
I DM'd Hyatt Concierge... even globalists will be charged the destination fee - per what they messaged me - no breakfast benes as of now.
I doubt this is true... and against the T&C’s
lighthouse206 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 59Impala
against the T&C’s
That's incorrect. Hyatt expressly reserves the right to allow properties to participate in their program on a limited basis. Two examples are MGM and Small Luxury Hotels.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
That's incorrect. Hyatt expressly reserves the right to allow properties to participate in their program on a limited basis. Two examples are MGM and Small Luxury Hotels.
But to date NO Hyatt branded property (except the very few named in the T&Cs) has gotten away with this sort of thing.....

Easy solve... someone call and ask GM or Front Desk manager..... I highly suspect they will honor.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:04 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
that is a different case. they are neither owned, managed, franchised etc by Hyatt. WOH T&C apply to all Hyatt hotels (with exceptions as mentioned in the T&C (e.g. no TSU in Centric Key West). Benefits may vary for other hotel chains, like 2pm late check-out at SLH, no free breakfast from GLOBs at MGM, etc.

Hyatt Parker is a Hyatt hotel, so WOH T&C apply.

Last edited by 59Impala; Jan 27, 2019 at 11:15 am
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Hyatt Parker is a Hyatt hotel, so WOH T&C apply.
I just went to the Parker website and I see zero Hyatt branding.

I do think Hyatt needs to clarify these properties' relationship to World of Hyatt.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:28 pm
formerly a193991

I do think Hyatt needs to clarify these properties' relationship to World of Hyatt.
I think the branding is very clear: HYATT Parker New York
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:43 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
If you go into Hyatt's website and filter for Hyatt Hotel Locations, it shows along with the Hyatt Union Square and Hyatt Herald Square; this was updated recently, maybe sometime during the past week. I have been paying attention as a plain Hyatt is one of the few brands remaining on my Brand Explorer checklist.

See also: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ne...new-york/lgatp
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:58 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
Here is Hyatt Concierge's complete response to me. "Parker New York is a Hyatt affiliated hotel and will become a Hyatt brand in the future. They will participate in the World of Hyatt program in terms of earning and using points, but no in-house benefits will apply at this time. Destination fee will be added to all non-negotiated rates booked through Hyatt and internet channels." Sorry for not just putting the whole answer out there originally instead of paraphrasing.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:37 am

I think the branding is very clear: HYATT Parker New York
Sorry, you apparently missed the point. I'm not talking about the Hyatt website, my link was to the hotel's own website, which contains no Hyatt branding whatsoever. And since it is the hotel which will be providing (or not providing) the benefits, it seems to me that's where you probably ought to be looking.

On this point, you might want to consider:

Originally Posted by travelerp
Here is Hyatt Concierge's complete response to me. "Parker New York is a Hyatt affiliated hotel and will become a Hyatt brand in the future. They will participate in the World of Hyatt program in terms of earning and using points, but no in-house benefits will apply at this time. Destination fee will be added to all non-negotiated rates booked through Hyatt and internet channels." Sorry for not just putting the whole answer out there originally instead of paraphrasing.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:36 am
formerly a193991

Sorry, you apparently missed the point. I'm not talking about the Hyatt website, my link was to the hotel's own website, which contains no Hyatt branding whatsoever. And since it is the hotel which will be providing (or not providing) the benefits, it seems to me that's where you probably ought to be looking.

On this point, you might want to consider:
I still disagree, it is sold as a Hyatt... and the Concierges are not always right.
whatever...
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:01 am

I still disagree, it is sold as a Hyatt... and the Concierges are not always right.
whatever...
I don't even know what you're disagreeing about . . . that the property's website currently makes no reference to the Hyatt affiliation? That's not disputable. That the property will provide full Hyatt benefits as of right now? Sorry, you're just speculating there, and Hyatt's only response so far is directly to the contrary.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:15 am
formerly a193991

I don't even know what you're disagreeing about . . . that the property's website currently makes no reference to the Hyatt affiliation? That's not disputable. That the property will provide full Hyatt benefits as of right now? Sorry, you're just speculating there, and Hyatt's only response so far is directly to the contrary.
this will be my last response
what I am saying is, that if on hyatt.com you are booking the HYATT Parker, then that it is a Hyatt branded hotel and the benefits would apply. I see no reason why they should not.
I actually don't care in this case, if the "parker hotel" has an own web site or not.
It's branded as a HYATT.

but doesn't matter, I^m not traveling there
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:16 am

this will be my last response
what I am saying is, that if on hyatt.com you are booking the HYATT Parker, then that it is a Hyatt branded hotel and the benefits would apply. I see no reason why they should not.
I actually don't care in this case, if the "parker hotel" has an own web site or not.
It's branded as a HYATT.

but doesn't matter, I^m not traveling there
Still curious what a call to the gm would reveal on this....
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:18 pm

I used to stay here A LOT, back when I was SPG PLT, >30+ nights a year. I liked the rooms, the coffee, the breakfast at Norma's on the AAA breakfast rate, the location - all great. Then some time in late 2009, early 2010, someone started getting delusions of grandeur (see also: The Chatwal) and charging prices that were simply absurd. I am more than content to pay $400+ at Andaz 5th Ave, but even that tired old queen doesn't have the chutzpah to routinely seek $700+ for similar standard rooms. I stopped using the Parker Meridien for that reason. Since being a Hyatt Diamond/Globalist I am glad to see the Parker coming into the fold so long as the rooms are renovated and the prices bear some relationship to reality. If the distortion field that used to cover it continues to apply, leaving it out of step with the other Hyatt NYC properties (meaning PH at the top of the heap, GH/Hyatt somewhere well below, and Andaz somewhere in between) then I will continue to ignore it. PH usually has good rates (<$600) in the deep winter and occasionally in summer if you can get free nights on longer stays, and that has worked out well for me. I don't need this property to compete, or even try to compete, with GH. But it should be a sibling to Andaz, at best.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was the hotel relatively full (or even, say, 2/3 occupancy) at $700/night?

I'd think that market forces will bring the prices in line with what people are willing to pay. Presumably no manager will leave the prices at $700/night if it's empty... on the other hand, they probably won't drop the prices if it's full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.