Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Central Park New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thompson Central Park New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2024, 2:41 pm

I'm loathe to book the Thompson CP again due to the noise issues, but it still ticks a number of boxes for me - would anyone have any equivalent suggestions? (DM if easier so as not to derail thread, no status anywhere however and budget while reasonable, isn't going to stretch to the luxury 5*s!)

That said re noise, given it's clear they're quick to move people if you complain, is it the risk you take and just expect to be back down at reception asking for a quiet room... Which side is the building work on, 56th or 57th?
Old Mar 16, 2024, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rarelyfly23
I'm loathe to book the Thompson CP again due to the noise issues, but it still ticks a number of boxes for me - would anyone have any equivalent suggestions? (DM if easier so as not to derail thread, no status anywhere however and budget while reasonable, isn't going to stretch to the luxury 5*s!)

That said re noise, given it's clear they're quick to move people if you complain, is it the risk you take and just expect to be back down at reception asking for a quiet room... Which side is the building work on, 56th or 57th?
They have plenty of rooms without the big noise issue. Our first room was very quiet. I think the issue might be with the upgrades to Studio Suites bc so many are located near elevators. But even our suite near elevator didn’t seem to have noise. Maybe a smidge if you were standing near door. The location of the hotel is really excellent. We also quite liked the Andaz down by Bryant Park. The Centric there has TINY rooms. Didn’t care for it as much at all.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
They have plenty of rooms without the big noise issue. Our first room was very quiet. I think the issue might be with the upgrades to Studio Suites bc so many are located near elevators. But even our suite near elevator didn’t seem to have noise. Maybe a smidge if you were standing near door. The location of the hotel is really excellent. We also quite liked the Andaz down by Bryant Park. The Centric there has TINY rooms. Didn’t care for it as much at all.
The room I moved from was their most basic one. I was upgraded to an Upper Stories room which, bar the free standing shower and Dyson hair dryer, I'm not sure is worth the £1000+ price difference
Old Mar 16, 2024, 5:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rarelyfly23
The room I moved from was their most basic one. I was upgraded to an Upper Stories room which, bar the free standing shower and Dyson hair dryer, I'm not sure is worth the £1000+ price difference
I agree. That price difference is not worth it. The question was about noise. We stayed on a points rez but I certainly would not have paid £1000 for a price difference or even for a base room there. We were offered an upgrade to Upper Stories for $50/night and declined.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 4:45 am

Just returned from a fantastic 3 night stay with my family of 4 to celebrate my 10 year old's birthday. I am just an explorist, so didn't expect any special treatment - but was pleased to be upgraded to a king suite on the 33rd with lounge access. Noise was not an issue. Only recommendation would be to just have cab drop off off on corner of of 6th or 7th at 56th; for some reason the address wasn't taking ours to the correct spot.

Everything about the hotel was perfect and I will be staying again.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:47 pm

I had this noise issue too at my stay last December. It's very annoying, I don't think it's the elevator. We were at the end of the hallway and it was louder there than near the elevator. I regretfully did only mention at checkout, the instantly offered 10k points as confirmation. So yeah, they know something is wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.