Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Central Park New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thompson Central Park New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:08 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by ckx2
Here right now. Wow. So far receiving better service than at PH. Glob recognition and service is really above average. Upgraded to a suite three days in advance - even on a weekend stay. Indian accent is now open and we've had asome fantastic dinner there. Best of all - there are flexible, adapting, customer service oriented people working here, not robots. We've had some special requests that were outside of the stated Globalist benefits in terms of breakfast (no main, rather having more sides dishes for my son) - I was fully expecting to pay these upon checkout, but after having the charges reviewed, they've got waived stating "they're just sides and your son didn't even take a main'.

Well done.
I’m sorry folks we just got a call from the Park Hyatt and you owe us for the toast and coffee
we made a grave mistake 😜😂
Seeiously great post I will try them out next time in NYC I’m heading to the New Ritz Carlton Nomad
next month after my last booking was canceled in June when they never opened as scheduled
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Tonyr4
Yes the Andaz is nice but I prefer the Thompson or PHNY. Both are much closer to the shows as well.
Andaz 5th is essentially equal same distance as PHNY, depending on the theater. Both are .6 miles to TKTS on Broadway between 46th and 47th street (with Andaz being slightly longer).
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:41 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Pics of room and food? Show us all how this property kicks PH NY out of the park
Originally Posted by ckx2
Here right now. Wow. So far receiving better service than at PH. Glob recognition and service is really above average. Upgraded to a suite three days in advance - even on a weekend stay. Indian accent is now open and we've had asome fantastic dinner there. Best of all - there are flexible, adapting, customer service oriented people working here, not robots. We've had some special requests that were outside of the stated Globalist benefits in terms of breakfast (no main, rather having more sides dishes for my son) - I was fully expecting to pay these upon checkout, but after having the charges reviewed, they've got waived stating "they're just sides and your son didn't even take a main'.

Well done.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Pics of room and food? Show us all how this property kicks PH NY out of the park
Post #171 has some pictures if OP doesn't have any to share. Their experience has matched mine - the staff definitely cares and acts like they want you to be there. PH has a better overall hard product and aesthetic, but the Thompson wins out for its bed and general service attitude (though, I have had pleasant encounters at the PH outside of the front desk).
Boraxo and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Post #171 has some pictures if OP doesn't have any to share. Their experience has matched mine - the staff definitely cares and acts like they want you to be there. PH has a better overall hard product and aesthetic, but the Thompson wins out for its bed and general service attitude (though, I have had pleasant encounters at the PH outside of the front desk).
I had my second stay here recently - I continue to see this as a great option.
That is one comforter cover emplaced askew.

David
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
That is one comforter cover emplaced askew.

David
What is more bothersome - that comforter or the blue tape on the wall next to the headboard?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I liked the Thompson, and the Globalist treatment was fantastic, but the hard product is definitely a cut below PH.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is more bothersome - that comforter or the blue tape on the wall next to the headboard?
Personally, the comforter cover. You and I know where to look into corners, under beds, etc. where things don't get vacuumed, blue tape doesn't get picked up, etc. if we really want to get into details.

David
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:26 pm

What is the standard suite here? I may be using an SNA if possible.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jbandy10
What is the standard suite here? I may be using an SNA if possible.
The Studio Suite. But I don't think an SNA will get you anywhere at a Hyatt property . . . .
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
The Studio Suite. But I don't think an SNA will get you anywhere at a Hyatt property . . . .
Maybe quizzical looks.

David
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Maybe quizzical looks.

David
Not at Park Hyatt Aviara!

Note I had already used a TSU, so was getting told not to expect an upgrade despite having a confirmed suite.

Kacee likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by drnilescrane

Note I had already used a TSU, so was getting told not to expect an upgrade despite having a confirmed suite.

Suite Night Award???
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by drnilescrane

That’s some nice parent company copy and pasting.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Is it true that they removed the swimming pool?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.