Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
First time qualifier excited for 9 award nights in 5 different properties (4 countries) coming up next few months now to taste all the benefits
​​​​​​
Welcome! You are going to LOVE being a globalist vs whatever Titanium gets you with Marriott these days (I'm batting 0% on upgrades since being a Titanium and have dealt with my bed preference not being honored)

Did you get your concierge yet? Thats my favorite part... 60 nights and you get someone who may be amazing or not (check the FT thread on it). My concierge is AMAZING and really simplifies your life

Also, remember TSUS are for stays up to 7 nights. It took a while to realize that with SNAs only being good for one night each SNA. This year I'll spend 20 nights in suites due to TSUs in Asia, Europe and for a wedding in the Northeast with my girlfriend
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
​​​​​​
Welcome! You are going to LOVE being a globalist vs whatever Titanium gets you with Marriott these days (I'm batting 0% on upgrades since being a Titanium and have dealt with my bed preference not being honored)

Did you get your concierge yet? Thats my favorite part... 60 nights and you get someone who may be amazing or not (check the FT thread on it). My concierge is AMAZING and really simplifies your life

Also, remember TSUS are for stays up to 7 nights. It took a while to realize that with SNAs only being good for one night each SNA. This year I'll spend 20 nights in suites due to TSUs in Asia, Europe and for a wedding in the Northeast with my girlfriend
Looking forward to it! Yes my guy (EQ) already mailed me, very responsive, far more than my SPG/Marriott Ambassadors have been.

I rarely do more than 3-4 nights in a single location/hotel but have already been upgraded for a 3 night stay at the HR Churchill in Oct, which is sweet.

Saving ~$85/night in Boston in a few weeks with no parking/resort fee, so that is pretty awesome.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looking forward to it! Yes my guy (EQ) already mailed me, very responsive, far more than my SPG/Marriott Ambassadors have been.

I rarely do more than 3-4 nights in a single location/hotel but have already been upgraded for a 3 night stay at the HR Churchill in Oct, which is sweet.

Saving ~$85/night in Boston in a few weeks with no parking/resort fee, so that is pretty awesome.
Wow. When I first got my concierge, I had to beg for the contact info. Glad to hear they're being proactive these days.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Just hit Glob - I didn't expect to get it until ~Nov.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Just hit Glob - I didn't expect to get it until ~Nov.
Welcoming another Marriott Tit/Amb to the club!
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Welcoming another Marriott Tit/Amb to the club!
Thanks much!
I have LT Tit with Marriott so I only have ~7 nights there this year; my concentration has been Hyatt now that one can earn night credits with the credit card.
I've got 24 actual Hyatt nights this year (the other night credits are from the credit card) and should have ~20 more before the end of the year.
I also just made Hilton Diamond with credit card spend; only have ~5 creditable nights there so far this year.

Without LT Marriott status, I would have concentrated on that program and skipped Hyatt. My current travel doesn't support top tier with even one chain if not for credit card spend.
UA-NYC likes this.

Last edited by iflyjetz; Aug 11, 2019 at 12:21 pm
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Just hit 60 nights on Wednesday. Still have a bunch of stays left. I’ve been a Diamond / Globalist ever since Hyatt gave every SPG Plat Diamond after the merger was announced. Was able to squeak in 25 stays the following year before going all in on Hyatt. That promotion and decision remains one of my best travel moves.
iflyjetz, Duke777, UA-NYC and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Just hit 60 nights on Wednesday. Still have a bunch of stays left. I’ve been a Diamond / Globalist ever since Hyatt gave every SPG Plat Diamond after the merger was announced. Was able to squeak in 25 stays the following year before going all in on Hyatt. That promotion and decision remains one of my best travel moves.
Every loyalty program has its pluses and minuses. Hyatt's new partnerships has fixed a lot of their footprint problem.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:04 pm

I just got my concierge email. I don't recall ever having a concierge when I was a Diamond.
Edit: formatting didn't work. I'll try to clean it up.
Good Afternoon,
Welcome to My Hyatt Concierge, a benefit of your World of Hyatt membership.

You're one of our most valued members and I am looking forward to helping make you travel planning at Hyatt seamless.

My name is Fxxxxxx and I'm your dedicated My Hyatt Concierge. I've worked within our company in various positions 30+ years, 13 of which have been here at the call center. Outside of my job, I enjoy treasure hunting at flea markets and the study of herbal medicine.

As your concierge, I am here to assist you:
• Make, change, and cancel reservations
.• Research available hotels and different rate programs offered to you to provide the best options for you.
• Check for suite upgrades, guest of honor reservations, redeem award nights.• Compare properties to help you maximize the best options for your holiday/vacation plans.
• Make any corrections or updates to your World of Hyatt account including missing stays or stays that posted incorrectly.
• Enrolling you in any promotions and choose your progressive benefit awards..I do see you have a promotional night in your account that goes up to a level 7 property. Be sure to use it by 2/4/2020.
• Help plan special requests for your upcoming stays.

When I am out of the office, the other members of the My Hyatt Concierge Team have access to my email and will be able to assist..I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Warm Regards,
Fxxxxxx Mxxxxx
World of Hyatt - My Hyatt Concierge
Global Contact Center - The Americas
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by 59Impala
since I no longer travel for business, I can only achieve through personal pay, and I can't spend 55 nights on personal time.
Hence I am aiming this year for requalification through spend. I will hit LT GLOB after my next vacation in November.

I’m quoting this poster because they have a screen shot that shows the top milestone at 55. Which is what I thought it was for 2019. Since the App update mine now shows 60 nights. I’m not concerned about reaching status because I have LT but was going to shoot for 55 to get the extra category 1-7 award but if I need to get to 60 it may not be worth it. So should it be 55 or 60?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:52 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SF1K

I’m quoting this poster because they have a screen shot that shows the top milestone at 55. Which is what I thought it was for 2019. Since the App update mine now shows 60 nights. I’m not concerned about reaching status because I have LT but was going to shoot for 55 to get the extra category 1-7 award but if I need to get to 60 it may not be worth it. So should it be 55 or 60?
It should be 60. The 55 nights is for requalifying this year. The extra cat 1-7 award for LTGs is a 60 night (or 100K base point) Milestone. See https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...balist.html#/5 ...

"Lifetime Globalists automatically receive this award once per calendar year in March without the need to satisfy the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point earning requirements. Lifetime Globalists may earn one additional Category 1-7 free night award each calendar year by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point earning requirements described here."
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:52 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

interesting...my new app shows 55, wich is the requal criteria for 2019.
maybe since you are LTG already it shows 60..?

Last edited by 59Impala; Aug 18, 2019 at 11:20 pm
Old Aug 18, 2019, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
interesting...my new app shows 55, wich is the requal criteria for 2019.
maybe since you are LTG already it shows 60..?

And mine used to say 55 until the update. Really weird. It should be the same for everyone right?

I see though that you also have the option to toggle between milestones and tier status - does that make a difference in what is displayed? I don’t have that obviously because I’m not trying to earn any tier status.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:17 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

And mine used to say 55 until the update. Really weird. It should be the same for everyone right?

I see though that you also have the option to toggle between milestones and tier status - does that make a difference in what is displayed? I don’t have that obviously because I’m not trying to earn any tier status.
Toggling back and forth does not change anything. When I hit the "criteria" milestone, it also shows the 55 required nights (which is correct for this year)

Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I just got my concierge email. I don't recall ever having a concierge when I was a Diamond.
Edit: formatting didn't work. I'll try to clean it up.
Good Afternoon,
Welcome to My Hyatt Concierge, a benefit of your World of Hyatt membership.

You're one of our most valued members and I am looking forward to helping make you travel planning at Hyatt seamless.

My name is Fxxxxxx and I'm your dedicated My Hyatt Concierge. I've worked within our company in various positions 30+ years, 13 of which have been here at the call center. Outside of my job, I enjoy treasure hunting at flea markets and the study of herbal medicine.

As your concierge, I am here to assist you:
• Make, change, and cancel reservations
.• Research available hotels and different rate programs offered to you to provide the best options for you.
• Check for suite upgrades, guest of honor reservations, redeem award nights.• Compare properties to help you maximize the best options for your holiday/vacation plans.
• Make any corrections or updates to your World of Hyatt account including missing stays or stays that posted incorrectly.
• Enrolling you in any promotions and choose your progressive benefit awards..I do see you have a promotional night in your account that goes up to a level 7 property. Be sure to use it by 2/4/2020.
• Help plan special requests for your upcoming stays.

When I am out of the office, the other members of the My Hyatt Concierge Team have access to my email and will be able to assist..I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Warm Regards,
Fxxxxxx Mxxxxx
World of Hyatt - My Hyatt Concierge
Global Contact Center - The Americas
Does your concierges name end with an “s”? I think we may have the same one.

SF1K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.