Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
I would expect it to post after 2/28. Selfishly I hope that's the case so those globalist-lites will compete with true globalists a little later.
sense little dissatisfaction?
Old Jan 3, 2021, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mileageking
sense little dissatisfaction?
Cutting it down to essentially 10-15 Nights for Globalist for 2 years? Yeah, it is more than a bit dissatisfying.

So you could stay just 10 Nights through 2/28 which would equal 20 Nights plus 10 from the WOH Card if you got it in 2020-2021.

Or

15 Nights through 2/28 equals 30 Nights.

Both methods are saddening to those who have qualified with 60 Nights or 100k Points for years.

I definitely feel like it was bad judgement on Hyatt’s part as it’s literally just 15 Nights for 2 whole years of status. If they weren’t running the double EQN promo then it’d make much more sense.

With that being said what’s done is done, nothing anyone can do but accept.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 7:45 pm

If it makes anyone feel better, at least it's still harder than, say, Hilton Diamond?
joachimm likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 8:09 pm

@Matt4200 I hear you. I was Hyatt Diamond and same with Hilton back in the day and moved to Marriott for past few years and have AMB status (2019 had well over 100 night and $20k spend requirement). Even though I still have AMB status through Feb 28 2022, Marriott has fallen drastically behind Hyatt & Hilton on maintaining their loyalists beyond 2021 (no status extension, rollover on AMB $20k spend or 100 nights, double night promos, etc.). I plan to stay 120+ nights anyways this year and chose to spread it out between Hyatt and Hilton and few at Marriott and try to keep Titanium towards 2022 benefit year with them (don't see any reason to give them $20k to maintain AMB).
yurtripper likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:10 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Cutting it down to essentially 10-15 Nights for Globalist for 2 years? Yeah, it is more than a bit dissatisfying.

So you could stay just 10 Nights through 2/28 which would equal 20 Nights plus 10 from the WOH Card if you got it in 2020-2021.

Or

15 Nights through 2/28 equals 30 Nights.

Both methods are saddening to those who have qualified with 60 Nights or 100k Points for years.

I definitely feel like it was bad judgement on Hyatt’s part as it’s literally just 15 Nights for 2 whole years of status. If they weren’t running the double EQN promo then it’d make much more sense.

With that being said what’s done is done, nothing anyone can do but accept.
So sorry to be one of those you are complaining about. But, when I did my 15 nights at the GH BKK, I didn't see you there, in fact, not many guests at all. So, Hyatt must have thought this through and decided it was in their best interests to offer this. I seriously doubt that travel, especially business travel, will heat up any time soon. So, don't worry, be happy. Do the meditation program on the app again to put yourself in a calm and safe place, as FEMA says you are in the most dangerous place, LA.
PointWeasel likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA
So sorry to be one of those you are complaining about. But, when I did my 15 nights at the GH BKK, I didn't see you there, in fact, not many guests at all. So, Hyatt must have thought this through and decided it was in their best interests to offer this. I seriously doubt that travel, especially business travel, will heat up any time soon. So, don't worry, be happy. Do the meditation program on the app again to put yourself in a calm and safe place, as FEMA says you are in the most dangerous place, LA.

I actually don’t believe Hyatt really thought it through all the way. It’s most definitely not in their best interest I can’t see a single financial perspective showing 15 Night Globalists as being in their best interest. If you could show me how I’d be happy to listen.

But in case you didn’t read the ending to my posting, I said what’s done is done nothing else to do but accept.

As far as location I’m in Chicago, not LA.
PointWeasel likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:02 pm

I actually don’t believe Hyatt really thought it through all the way. It’s most definitely not in their best interest I can’t see a single financial perspective showing 15 Night Globalists as being in their best interest. If you could show me how I’d be happy to listen.
I tend to agree. First offering 50% qualification on number of nights, then doubling down on double night credits wasn't necessary. Offering one only would have sufficed retaining existing members and attracting new ones. The big dog (MR) hasn't offered anything.

Concierge would still only apply at 60 nights, correct?
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking
I tend to agree. First offering 50% qualification on number of nights, then doubling down on double night credits wasn't necessary. Offering one only would have sufficed retaining existing members and attracting new ones. The big dog (MR) hasn't offered anything.

Concierge would still only apply at 60 nights, correct?
On top of that you could potentially earn Globalist in 2021 through 2023 by staying 0 nights in 2021.

How?

Stay 30 Nights in Q4 2020

Stay 25 Nights in Q4 2020 and be an existing WOH CC Holder

Stay 20 Nights in Q4 2020 and be a new WOH CC Holder

I don’t see any possible way it’s a fiscally sound decision to cut qualifications plus double credits. But I’d be happy to learn.

I think either cutting qualifications or double night credits would’ve been more than sufficient, especially with the running Rollover Nights Promo.

As far as Concierge, yes it’s still a 60 Night Milestone.
CIT85 and mileageking like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:22 pm

On top of that you could potentially earn Globalist in 2021 through 2023 by staying 0 nights in 2021.

How?

Stay 30 Nights in Q4 2020

Stay 25 Nights in Q4 2020 and be an existing WOH CC Holder

Stay 20 Nights in Q4 2020 and be a new WOH CC Holder

I don’t see any possible way it’s a fiscally sound decision to cut qualifications plus double credits. But I’d be happy to learn.

I think either cutting qualifications or double night credits would’ve been more than sufficient, especially with the running Rollover Nights Promo.

As far as Concierge, yes it’s still a 60 Night Milestone.
you forgot staying only 10 nights checking out 1/1 (Technically not staying any nights in 2021) and a new WOH card holder...

or the ultimate globalist lite, 9 nights checking out 1/1 with new WOH card holder hitting the sign up bonus with two more elite nights
Matt4200 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:30 pm

@ Matt4200 thanks for explaining CC promo.

Now I need figure out where to dump my 7 figure MR points (approx 1.5M) before Feb 2022 while still have MR AMB status. I know I know first world problems

Matt4200 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:46 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.

But in case you didn’t read the ending to my posting, I said what’s done is done nothing else to do but accept.

As far as location I’m in Chicago, not LA.
OK, but since Hyatt is about the best in the business, I have to believe they ran the numbers correctly. If this was merely a 2008 Great Recession type event, I'd agree that they over reacted. It's not; it's a 10 to 20% occupancy black-swan event, and it's far from over. I can tell you that the GH BKK staff were appreciative of the business, though I'm probably in their CRM program as a frequent guest, previously as DIA or GLOB when I was living and working in China, so they were treating me like a Globalist-other than getting Grand Club access. Now, if Hyatt had status matched me in advance (I'm also IHG Spire/AMB, GHA Discovery PLT, and MR PLT,) now that would have been over the top. I understand that you are grudgingly accepting of the deal, but still, looking only at your own interests. Don't worry, I'm in Bangkok so most of my travel (anticipated of course) in 2021 will be SE Asia, as the situation(s) (well too many of them) in the US are too crazy, so I probably won't have any impact on your benefits. Plus when I do come to the US, I always try to stay with family and friends, with only hotel stays in the San Clemente area, and some in the Bay Area. If Hyatt hadn't done this deal, I might have been tempted to stick with IHG and MR, instead of committing the funds to achieve GLOB and shift future stays to Hyatt. Therefore, the Hyatt plan was successful. Also, I won't have the highest internal rating, so your most exalted grand high poohba status is safe for another year at least.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that you were in Chicago. I lived there for 20 years and was glad to move to LA (your stated "Location,") especially in the winter. Loved the city and pizza; hated the weather.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA
OK, but since Hyatt is about the best in the business, I have to believe they ran the numbers correctly. If this was merely a 2008 Great Recession type event, I'd agree that they over reacted. It's not; it's a 10 to 20% occupancy black-swan event, and it's far from over. I can tell you that the GH BKK staff were appreciative of the business, though I'm probably in their CRM program as a frequent guest, previously as DIA or GLOB when I was living and working in China, so they were treating me like a Globalist-other than getting Grand Club access. Now, if Hyatt had status matched me in advance (I'm also IHG Spire/AMB, GHA Discovery PLT, and MR PLT,) now that would have been over the top. I understand that you are grudgingly accepting of the deal, but still, looking only at your own interests. Don't worry, I'm in Bangkok so most of my travel (anticipated of course) in 2021 will be SE Asia, as the situation(s) (well too many of them) in the US are too crazy, so I probably won't have any impact on your benefits. Plus when I do come to the US, I always try to stay with family and friends, with only hotel stays in the San Clemente area, and some in the Bay Area. If Hyatt hadn't done this deal, I might have been tempted to stick with IHG and MR, instead of committing the funds to achieve GLOB and shift future stays to Hyatt. Therefore, the Hyatt plan was successful. Also, I won't have the highest internal rating, so your most exalted grand high poohba status is safe for another year at least.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that you were in Chicago. I lived there for 20 years and was glad to move to LA (your stated "Location,") especially in the winter. Loved the city and pizza; hated the weather.
I’m not saying I hate or despise “Globalist Lites” at all.

Rather what I’m saying is that the numbers don’t add up, that making Globalist requirements this low in combination with the Double Nights, Rollover Nights, and CC Extra Nights does not make fiscal sense.

If it were for status through February 2022 then maybe, but until 2023 with only 15 (or less) nights is just fiscally irresponsible on Hyatt’s behalf.

Again I don’t hate or despise Glob Lites, I just feel like Hyatt made a poor decision on this one which could lead to unforeseen issues.

The weather’s not the worst here until February it’s not too bad right now. I’ve had pizza 3 times this week though, good mix of thin and stuffed pizza.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 12:36 am

I’m not saying I hate or despise “Globalist Lites” at all.

Rather what I’m saying is that the numbers don’t add up, that making Globalist requirements this low in combination with the Double Nights, Rollover Nights, and CC Extra Nights does not make fiscal sense.

If it were for status through February 2022 then maybe, but until 2023 with only 15 (or less) nights is just fiscally irresponsible on Hyatt’s behalf.

Again I don’t hate or despise Glob Lites, I just feel like Hyatt made a poor decision on this one which could lead to unforeseen issues.

The weather’s not the worst here until February it’s not too bad right now. I’ve had pizza 3 times this week though, good mix of thin and stuffed pizza.
I understand, but Hyatt, like most of the other chains, doesn't own (most of) the properties, merely flagging them. Most of the Hyatt properties here in Thailand are either closed for business (the "other" brands plus the HP Bangkok is a quarantine site now,) reflagged like the HP Phuket, or operating at the 10-20% occupancy level, at low rates, which means, not making anyone any money. So, the property owners need to be shown that they can count on the income stream to restart as soon as possible. Look at the real estate REIT, SVC, taking back 100+ IHG flagged and 200+ Marriott flagged properties, and parking them in a lower cost vehicle-Sonesta. Hotel properties are actively filing BK or getting creative in their finacing. Even my Globalist-for-life friend has told me that he wants to travel (especially for business as he was frequently at the GH KL and was planning on camping out at the GH Bangkok,) but can't-not allowed by his company and they realize they can save a ton of money using Zoom meetings instead. With the increasing COVID problems, I doubt anyone is really able to commit to the substantial number of nights previously required, even by half and that will continue for most of 2021. So, 2023 makes more sense to us Globalist-lites otherwise no way I'd spend the money. Marriott "deposited" half the required elite status night credits needed for PLT and extended PLT for another year. IHG did something similar, extending both my SPIRE and AMB. So, this is the competition that Hyatt needs to meet and beat.

Compared to Bangkok where it's 32 degrees C and sunny just about evryday, Chicago weather is tough to take. Been there, done that.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 5:46 am

You're probably over the target here. While I know nothing about hotel revenue management, I'd imagine they're probably concerned about potential adverse paradigm shifts that may be or have already been caused by the pandemic? I suspect, in the face of this uncertainty they may be trying to fill the pipeline (in case demand returns or gain a larger slice of a smaller pie) and address any future cashflow gaps.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Visconti
You're probably over the target here. While I know nothing about hotel revenue management, I'd imagine they're probably concerned about potential adverse paradigm shifts that may be or have already been caused by the pandemic? I suspect, in the face of this uncertainty they may be trying to fill the pipeline (in case demand returns or gain a larger slice of a smaller pie) and address any future cashflow gaps.
Yeah...it's not that complicated (we did just go through the worst year in, oh, 80 years or so, maybe 100), virtually all big chains/companies in the T&L space are doing anything they can to spur any consumer demand (except Marriott, but they of course are a "stupid" company).

Any added higher tier benefits at the margins are outweighed >>>>>>>> by driving marginal revenue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.