Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Agreed, I will be at 100+ before the end of year, wish I could carry over 10 nights.
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
If Hyatt had rollover nights and “reserve 4, get 5” on points, it would rule the world.
Then we would have a way much better Hilton benefits-World of Hyatt program
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Axwell D
Then we would have a way much better Hilton benefits-World of Hyatt program
Are you comparing HHonors to WoH? If so I'm sorry but HHonors just doesn't stand up. I could go on and on but confirmed suite upgrades, breakfast for 4 and guaranteed late check out out Hyatt far and above HHonors even without rollover or 4/5.

Was diamond with Hilton for many years and can count on two fingers the times I was upgraded to a suite. At Hyatt it's about 80%.

Sorry OT rant
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Are you comparing HHonors to WoH? If so I'm sorry but HHonors just doesn't stand up. I could go on and on but confirmed suite upgrades, breakfast for 4 and guaranteed late check out out Hyatt far and above HHonors even without rollover or 4/5.

Was diamond with Hilton for many years and can count on two fingers the times I was upgraded to a suite. At Hyatt it's about 80%.

Sorry OT rant
No of course HHonors is far worse than WOH. Hyatt is the best loyalty program. More given upgrades mostly to best rooms below suite or suites, TSU's and the possibility to use points for suite upgrades. I don't know, why somebody would save tons of points, just for using them on an overpriced night (95000 points on the high properties at Hilton). The higher properties with Hyatt are only 35000 points and 40000 for SLH properties. It's better then to use points or standard suites 6000 points or premiumsuites 9000. Definitely the best spend.
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
i re-obtained Hyatt Globalist status After a few years away primarily with Hilton and Marriott.

i now realize after a few years away how valuable Hyatt status is, Not impressed At all with Hilton Diamond or Marriott Titanium status even though I Have both secured for 2020.

I obtained Globalist via a status challenge, this means I will hold Globalist status till feb 2021.

i already have 51 nights this year and will hit 60 next month . Based on these 60 nights Will my Globalist status extend to 2022, if not will any of these additional nights rollover to the next year?
Old Nov 24, 2019, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
i already have 51 nights this year and will hit 60 next month . Based on these 60 nights Will my Globalist status extend to 2022, if not will any of these additional nights rollover to the next year?
Unfortunately a NO to both of your questions. You just made your light Globalist to a real one and you will get your suite upgrades and the cat. 1-7 certificate which you wouldn't get from your Globalist status through challenge.

Hyatt doesn't offer any rollovers.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 1:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I booked my 20th night to get the first milestone bonus. Explorist is out of the question and honestly not all that worth it anyway. I'm happy.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:57 pm

if i book multiple rooms for family, do I get all the nights if it is under the same reservation? or the guest who stays gets the night?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by torontochinese
if i book multiple rooms for family, do I get all the nights if it is under the same reservation? or the guest who stays gets the night?
You only get the nights for one of the rooms regardless of how many rooms you book.
torontochinese likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by faboi0us
You only get the nights for one of the rooms regardless of how many rooms you book.
thank you, does WOH benefits apply to all the rooms or only the one who has the status?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by torontochinese
thank you, does WOH benefits apply to all the rooms or only the one who has the status?
Terms state benefits apply to one room. However, if you check out the review threads it varies from property to property. Based on my experiences, they would usually apply the benefits to my second room as well( I haven't done group bookings with 3+ rooms). I'd suggest checking out the the specific hotel experiences other users have had.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:25 pm

Terms state benefits apply to one room. However, if you check out the review threads it varies from property to property. Based on my experiences, they would usually apply the benefits to my second room as well( I haven't done group bookings with 3+ rooms). I'd suggest checking out the the specific hotel experiences other users have had.
thank you.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Why not make a GOH booking?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Why not make a GOH booking?
Great suggestions! I assumed OP was on a paid stay. GOH bookings are only available for award stays correct?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Great suggestions! I assumed OP was on a paid stay. GOH bookings are only available for award stays correct?
That is correct. OP didn’t mention paid or points stay, but in the case it is a points stay GOH is the way to go, if not check individual hotel threads for policies.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: Globallist
28 nights down, 32 to go................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.