Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Mattress run how many nights? You're 32 away from full Globalist benefits.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Mattress run how many nights? You're 32 away from full Globalist benefits.
Probably have like 10 coming up end of year vacation and maybe 5 weekend trips.
so mattress run about 17 nights? Not sure if It's even worth it. The cheapest places around here can be had for $70/night with tax.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Globalist is great, but no way I'd mattress run 17 nights to get it.
VoiD likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:46 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just curiosity. I remember mattress run was discussed before. For mattress run, do we need to physically check in to the hotel? I could try to find a cheap Cat-1 (5,000 points) hotel in remote place. Then online check-in and use my phone to get the digital key (if that property has that feature). Then I may not need to physically check in.

Not sure if this is feasible.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Just curiosity. I remember mattress run was discussed before. For mattress run, do we need to physically check in to the hotel? I could try to find a cheap Cat-1 (5,000 points) hotel in remote place. Then online check-in and use my phone to get the digital key (if that property has that feature). Then I may not need to physically check in.

There are some Cat 1 hotels in the area but none of them have the digital key. Also they said they are required to check your id before you check in. At least in my area.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VoiD
Probably have like 10 coming up end of year vacation and maybe 5 weekend trips.
so mattress run about 17 nights? Not sure if It's even worth it. The cheapest places around here can be had for $70/night with tax.
The key is to see what the autumn promo looks like. If it's similar to prior years where you get a boatload of bonus points for 30 or 40 nights, then you can substantially reduce the cost of your mattress runs (or year-end weekend getaways, etc.) I spent my last 10 nights last year in a Cat 1 - spent 50K and got 35K back in points. A nearly free holiday...
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
The key is to see what the autumn promo looks like. If it's similar to prior years where you get a boatload of bonus points for 30 or 40 nights, then you can substantially reduce the cost of your mattress runs (or year-end weekend getaways, etc.) I spent my last 10 nights last year in a Cat 1 - spent 50K and got 35K back in points. A nearly free holiday...
That sounds like it was a great promotion you got in!
Hopefully there is another one this end of this year.
There was already a similar one early this year.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by RedSun

I had to cancel a business trip at the last minute which included a Hyatt stay. I was out of the free cancellation period so I just ate the cost. I checked in online and all that jazz, but ultimately did not get credit for the stay
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
I think it depends on what type of traveling you do and it could be worth it to quite a lot of folks. A month worth of guaranteed suite upgrades + free breakfast if you vacation at park hyatt type properties gives you more than $2000 worth of value which is what the matress run would cost.

I frequently spend a month in bangkok at the park hyatt every year. Lets say I get 20 nights upgraded with my upgrades at a conservative $200 per night value for the upgrade to a park deluxe suite from a standard room, then add in breakfast for 2 at $35 per person. Thats over $5000 in value just on a 20 day trip to BKK for a matress run that cost $2000.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:58 pm
Suspended

That's true in terms of the raw numbers, but if you're the type of person who spends 20 nights per year in Park Hyatts, you're probably not going to want to hang out in a Hyatt Place for 17 nights, or even screw around with checking in and out a bunch of times to rack up the needed nights. Those people likely don't care about the status/savings and/or are better off getting the WoH card and simply spending their way to the needed number of nights.

As for the Bangkok example, remember, it's only a $5,000 value if you would have spent the $5,000.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:21 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
After a slow 1st half of the year (blame college) and very high end hotel stays that took me away from Hyatt, I have 50 nights left to requalify!
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:00 am

That's true in terms of the raw numbers, but if you're the type of person who spends 20 nights per year in Park Hyatts, you're probably not going to want to hang out in a Hyatt Place for 17 nights, or even screw around with checking in and out a bunch of times to rack up the needed nights. Those people likely don't care about the status/savings and/or are better off getting the WoH card and simply spending their way to the needed number of nights.
Add in programs like Prive and the difference is even less.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I’ll be at 53 when I end my current trip. Then 54 next week after a business trip.

Will then suspend all Hyatt stays and go back to Marriott (ugh) until July 20th, as I’m planning to use the globalist free night on a stay on January 18th or 19th 2020.

Im only giving up a few nights, but I’ll be using it at a 25k/night place and I realized I’ll be giving up 5-7k points by not doing Hyatt stays.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
I get about 15 hyatt nights a year through work (small footprint where I travel for work) and somewhere around 30 nights a year vaction, usually park hyatt where available. It's really quite easy to mattress run those remaining nights. I simply book a couple of weeks in a hyatt place, drive across town, check in, and never go back. it's easy and requires very little effort. I find it a solid investment as I get incredible value from breakfast and the suite upgrades because when on vacation I'm probably going to book into a suite anyway. I can then save points that would go towards suite upgrades had I chosen to do that and instead use them for free night awards at other high end properties. The value of globalist over discoverist is quite a huge jump for people like me.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jinrop
... I simply book a couple of weeks in a hyatt place, drive across town, check in, and never go back. it's easy and requires very little effort. ...
As I understand it, this isn't supposed to work, at least not for no-show stays that last for more than a couple of days, but I know deals and arrangements can be swung with various properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.