Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Recommendations bonvoy or hh? Am gold with both...
Ignoring the recommendations to keep accumulating Hyatt nights and points (which is what I would do.)

If it matters ... Hilton gold gets you breakfast. Marriott gold gets you almost nothing. You need Marriott platinum for breakfast. If breakfast doesn't matter then it's basically your call.

-David
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:00 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Ignoring the recommendations to keep accumulating Hyatt nights and points (which is what I would do.)

If it matters ... Hilton gold gets you breakfast. Marriott gold gets you almost nothing. You need Marriott platinum for breakfast. If breakfast doesn't matter then it's basically your call.

-David
YMMV. HH breakfast? See the reviews on HH breakfast even club lounge. So crowded and poor quality. Also HH point value gets lower and lower. I already cut my Hilton CC.

Marriott Bonv*y? Even Plat gets breakfast. But a lot of the high level properties are excluded. Also you pay parking and resort fees and taxes. You need to get to Titanium level to really enjoy it.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:52 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by billycwhatup
Yes. I'm at 70 now and will stick with it until 100 when the marginal return diminishes.
The marginal return after 60 has been low. Not sure if I'll continue to accumulate night credits after 60.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
I'm still holding at 53, because I might want to use my Category 1-7 certificate over the Christmas holidays. I will probably reach 70 this year and maybe even 80, but it would have been higher if the Category 1-7 certificate did not expire six months after requalification. In a couple of my most frequent destinations there's a wonderful Hyatt and also a wonderful Luxury Collection or WA/Conrad hotel. Since April, when I began to approach 55 nights, I have spent more of my nights at the alternative hotels than I otherwise would have.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
I'm only at about 24 right now but thats about to ramp quickly over the next 2 months. I'll get requalified easy this year. I did 103 nights in hyatt last year. I think I'm one of the few people who value the suite upgrade certs. I use them a lot.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Since they let Montreal property leave, I'm on track for 0 nights with WoH this year down from 60 last year.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
Would love to hear your perspective of the two programs in a separate thread.
Once I make Globalist, I will do so. Right now, I long for the SPG days of old.
UA-NYC and ZBigFam like this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Just end the year on a multiple of 10 nights and you are good. 10k bonus per 10 nights over 60 = 1.4 pts/$ which is not bad for unbonused spend
That’s true. But still you have to hit exactly 70 or 80 etc. to maximize.

Wish there were a bit more incentive to go above 60. Another tier, or rollover nights, or something. Hyatt would get all my business, even when costing some bucks more than the competition. Not much in the way of Globalist perks at HP/HH, so the other guys always get a look.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the lifetime discussion: I'll never make it with Hyatt, which is fine. It's the dollar qualifier. If it was on nights, I'd have a chance. That's obviously how I got it with Marriott.

While I'm pretty loyal to Hyatt, I use points for the majority of my stays. Seems like it's still revenue to them since I'm accumulating the points generally via Chase, but it's certainly their right to limit lifetime status to getting that revenue via direct payments and not ones routed through Chase.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
Currently at 45 nights.By the end of September I should be at 60.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Would love to hear your perspective of the two programs in a separate thread.
I am Titanium in Bonvoy (was Platinum Premier and just Platinum before that, whatever the highest is) and Globalist in Hyatt. Usually stay 75-100 nights in both brands.

Hyatt the points are worth more and I get recognized as a globalist far more than Bonvoy. Marriott was definitely better pre-merger (and I guess SPG was as well but I had never stayed in an SPG before the merger).

One of the things I've noticed about Hyatt is that I usually get into the top 50/25/10/5 of the guests staying at a hotel in a calendar year and they recognize it. Hyatt folks go above and beyond when it comes to that and even ask me about the hotel I hit the top 50 in. For example I am a top guest at the San Diego Andaz and I went to another Andaz in another state (Scottsdale), they asked me what made the SD Andaz so great so they could improve if there was anything.

The Marriott footprint is what sucks me in to stay with them though. For example... sometimes I need to stay in Oklahoma City. Hyatt had one property (a kinda bad HP) for the longest time and it wasn't downtown. They've since grown to 3 with one downtown but all are HPs. Marriott has 7 hotels in Downtown Oklahoma City plus many more surrounding it with all levels of brands/service. Hyatt just straight up doesn't compete in some cities which is unfortunate and why I straddle both programs.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
I'm at 28 nights with 36 more booked.

I've largely switch from Marriott due to service issues. I have lifetime Gold there and will hit Platinum soon enough. Marriott, for me, is great for filling the holes Hyatt doesn't have.

For the most part, though, Hyatt is my favorite. Most of my travel is in Asia and they're new SLH partnership has some great choices.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Currently at 46. But Chase Hyatt screwed up and gave me 10 instead of 14 nights on the last card cycle. I should be at 50 with my new further out suite upgrades.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Glob, Marriot/SPG - Plat, IHG - Plat
Thanks to the hyatt card and a significant bump in work travel from prior years I hit 60 nights in May and am currently at 67 nights with another 6 award nights planned (5 of them during the upcoming 10% points back promo). I got really lucky that the hyatt place bonus points promo (I think it was 1500 points per night) coincided perfectly with an extended work engagement. I was loving the 6-7k points for a 3 night stay plus the standard night credits. Globalist has been good so far and I really enjoy the perk of free parking on award stays. I use it in conjunction with trips where I rent a car as I travel between multiple cities with expensive parking. It will easily save me $500 this year.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
I'm at 20 with 8 coming up in August. Not sure if I should mattress run?
Might have more coming up end of the year, but this is all personal stays and not work related.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.