Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by monoflight
My globalist expiration says: Valid through Feb 28, 2021

Suite upgrades:
Suite Upgrade Award
Total Earned 8
Expiration Date Feb 29, 2020
Terms & Conditions
Yeah, it's wrong. You'll have to take it up with Hyatt
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Thanks Jasonvr - Is it odd I'm relieved it's likely a mistake instead of some strange world of hyatt choice?
Fingers crossed
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:21 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
it must be a mistake.
I guess Hyatt just never thought that people may requalify for next period so early in the year.
please report back
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I'm guessing that qualifying after Feb. 28 triggers the TSU expiration to 2021. When qualification occurs before Feb. 28, then expiration at 2/29/2020 is 12 months.

I agree that Hyatt never expected anyone to qualify so early in the year, and didn't realize this problem exists.

I am 33 nights from requalifying.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
I have 38 nights this year -- 7 from the credit card, 3 from a stay during the last three days of December, and 28 actual nights in 2019 -- so I'll need 17 more to requalify. I'll be traveling again in mid-March to a city that has one of my favorite Hyatts, so I can requalify by the first week of April. But I'm wondering whether it would be better to wait until later in the year. It's good that they've fixed the problem of suite upgrades expiring a year after the requalification date. But the the free Category 1-7 night -- the only one of these I will be getting any time soon -- expires six months after it's credited to the account. I have no plans to be anywhere near a spectacular Category 7 hotel between now and October, but it might be possible to take such a trip in December or January. Come to think of it, you get the Category 1-7 award at 60 nights, not at requalification, right? So maybe I could get to 55 in April but then make sure and not reach 60 until July? Are there any other advantages or disadvantages to qualifying early in the year rather than latter?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by monoflight
The 4 suite upgrades I earned for my globalist requal in 2018 - through Feb 29 2020 - now says 8 available through 2020, and this email (lightly edited below) I got today seems to say the new suite upgrades are only valid until Feb 29, 2020 - are you saying this is a mistake and I SHOULD reach out to hyatt to fix since they SHOULD be valid through Feb 28, 2021? If so this would be great news.
Just noticed I have the same problem (already requalified for Glob last week on points); all my TSUs show as expiring in 2020. Did you get this resolved?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
Come to think of it, you get the Category 1-7 award at 60 nights, not at requalification, right? So maybe I could get to 55 in April but then make sure and not reach 60 until July? Are there any other advantages or disadvantages to qualifying early in the year rather than latter?
Pretty sure you get all the perks at 55 nights that would have required 60nights for non-requal Globs.
180d expiration really sucks. Last year, I had a friend going to cat 7 for N nights. He burned his UR and transferred Nx30,000 Hyatt points to me. I GOH'ed him with cert+(N-1)x30,000 points, GLADLY! (in case you are wondering, this is perfectly legal) Something to consider.
Assimilated Cajun likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Yeah, requalifying early isn't a huge plus since my TSU's show 2020 expiration as well. I hit 68 nights after last checkout, don't have any more stays planned to hit 70 to see when those TSUs expire.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:31 am
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Hello, thank you for commenting! This has been noticed by World of Hyatt and is planned to be resolved by the end of the week. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention! -- Samantha J.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by World of Hyatt Concierge
Hello, thank you for commenting! This has been noticed by World of Hyatt and is planned to be resolved by the end of the week. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention! -- Samantha J.
Just wanted to report that 4 of my TSUs are now correctly showing up as Feb 28, 2021 expiry. Thanks for letting us know and getting it resolved!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Same here - the TSUs are now reading correctly. Very happy.
Thanks World of Hyatt Concierge!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
25 Nights In (30 to go for this year's requalification) and should hit that by mid-May based on current trends! All "BIS" (or BIB - Butt in Bed?) nights in Calendar 2019 so far.

On that note, I've just noticed 2 Club Lounge access awards showing in my account with a 28th Feb 2021 expiry (20 night benefit). Upon requalifying Globalist this year can I transfer these awards to someone else who might actually need them?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
After neglecting my World of Hyatt account and dwindling to base Member level, I’m now at eight nights and two away from Discoverist. Coming from the pre-Bonvoy SPG side of things, SPG was my go-to; I’ve now nailed lifetime gold in that program so now my priority is to lock down lifetime platinum with Marriott, and pepper my remaining travel with Hyatt to annually nurse Discoverist/Explorist status at the minimum before breaking away from Marriott entirely after getting LTP.

Due to my disappointments with Marriott since mid-2018 regarding their unspeakably atrocious IT, weak customer service, unreliable upgrades and their awful T&Cs that let each property individually determine how to disperse benefits to their elite guests, I’ve gotten on the habit of paying for the room I want without banking on the program to provide those benefits... which, in the long run, is really the best way of guaranteeing that you get what you want.

khabah
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:54 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SQ421
On that note, I've just noticed 2 Club Lounge access awards showing in my account with a 28th Feb 2021 expiry (20 night benefit). Upon requalifying Globalist this year can I transfer these awards to someone else who might actually need them?
It sounds like you're a current Glob, right ? I am, and didn't get any Club Lounge awards when crossing the night thresholds. I was told that Globs don't get them, as lounge access is already a benefit. Regardless, according to the T&Cs, they are not transferable.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by skj
It sounds like you're a current Glob, right ? I am, and didn't get any Club Lounge awards when crossing the night thresholds. I was told that Globs don't get them, as lounge access is already a benefit. Regardless, according to the T&Cs, they are not transferable.
I've got them in my account as well. Exp on 2/28/2021. Been a Diamond/Glob for years. Totally worthless unless I don't requal this year (which I will - currently sitting at 26 nights, got plenty more booked thru the end of the year)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.