Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by ewrp12
60th night hit my account today and automatically received recognition as Globalist. Received the TSUs and Free Night (although the Free Night expires 6/21/19 for some reason).
Congrats! Where do you plan on using your free night?!
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Congrats! Where do you plan on using your free night?!
Thanks! Tentatively planning for Park Hyatt Sydney.
uppereastsider and faboi0us like this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Checked out of night #60 this morning. 1 day to spare! just waiting for it to post.

I did a 1-night SFO-LAX trip and got AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and ate Korean BBQ twice. And getting back to SF in time to drink scotch and smoke cigars to ring in the New Year. Overall, a good way to spend a weekend.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Checked out of the Park Hyatt NYC (meh stay, but that’s for another post) on the 28th.

The 30th, got the Globalist requalification email from Amy Weinberg with the 4 suites upgrades and so on...

I have benefited a LOT from my Globalist status this past year, especially in Paris, Tokyo, Kyoto, Danang, Ho Chi Minh City, Orlando, Carlsbad, and many other places. For example, the valet parking at the Park Hyatt NYC was $75 and it was complimentary to me ^

The Globalist breakfasts in Paris, Japan, and Vietnam were worth hundreds of dollars and they were some of the best breakfasts that I have had anywhere!

Let’s not even mention the suite upgrades

World of Hyatt Globalist status is absolutely worth it!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got the email this morning. TSUs, free night, and counter showing 0/55 (it was showing 0/60 last night)
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I got the email this morning. TSUs, free night, and counter showing 0/55 (it was showing 0/60 last night)
Me showing 0/55 as well, i thought they changed to 60 nights for re qualification?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
No, anyone who was a 60- or 55-night Globalist by yesterday can re-qualify with 55 again in 2019, but it resets to 60 for everyone in 2020.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Me showing 0/55 as well, i thought they changed to 60 nights for re qualification?
Not for this year.

Hyatt is pretty good about stuff like that. One of the advertised benefits of getting 60 nights was that you could requalify with 55. They don't wait til 10 months into the year and say they are taking away that benefit that you have almost qualified for. They make changes for the benefits you can earn the following year.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Not for this year.

Hyatt is pretty good about stuff like that. One of the advertised benefits of getting 60 nights was that you could requalify with 55. They don't wait til 10 months into the year and say they are taking away that benefit that you have almost qualified for. They make changes for the benefits you can earn the following year.
Maybe if Hyatt can launch some kind of credit card outside US
synd and 59Impala like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
That's a topic for another thread, but Hyatt's foreign footprint is probably too small for that to be worthwhile, at least on a country-by-country basis.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joe_miami
No, anyone who was a 60- or 55-night Globalist by yesterday can re-qualify with 55 again in 2019, but it resets to 60 for everyone in 2020.
But since 2 TSUs and the free night only arrive at 60 nights, you'd still want to do 60 if you can.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif
But since 2 TSUs and the free night only arrive at 60 nights, you'd still want to do 60 if you can.
Definitely.

But their stepped approach to rewards seems pretty smart to me. Just a few more nights and I can get X. Then, invariably, you overshoot the exact number of nights needed, and there you are, fewer than 10 nights from the next reward.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Totally off topic and irrelevant. I have no idea why you quoted my post and then wrote this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
My counter is showing 55 nights to requalify for Globalist.

My Promotional Free Night Award (Cat 1-7) expires 6/27/2019! I only have less than 6 months to use it ???
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine expires June 30. 6 calendar months after I qualified (Dec 30 was my 60th night)

6 months seems kind of short but I'll have no trouble putting it to good use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.