Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Well that the Globalist will be re-qualified at 55 was never in question but it isn't so clear based on the table that the TSU/Free Night benefits are hitting at 55 vs 60.
Oh, sorry. That is in the terms, but not in the table.

In Appendix C, Part V ("Globalist status"), section (a) details the nights/pts requirements to get globalist, including the reduced 55-night requirement for people who got 60 nights or 100k base pts the previous year.

Then sections (h) and (i) say that you get the TSUs and free night when you qualify or re-qualify for globalist through the points or nights requirements "detailed above" -- presumably referring to section (a), which includes the reduced 55-night requirement.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Someone must have reached 55 nights. Did you get the Upgrades if you hit 60 last year?

I’m a few nights away from 55, I expect to get the upgrades.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Someone must have reached 55 nights. Did you get the Upgrades if you hit 60 last year?

I’m a few nights away from 55, I expect to get the upgrades.
There's a thread somewhere where Hyatt reps confirmed this.

Nonetheless, I and many others received all the perks at 55 nights.

No adjustments to the extras at 70, 80, 90, 100...
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same - 55 nights was the threshold for everything for me. Then, another option (TSU or 10k points) at 70 nights.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
See this thread: Questions about 55 night Globalist Qualification

see this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30024699-post40.html

and this post:
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Congratulations on staying 55 qualifying nights this year. We think that's something to celebrate.This year, you've earned the following rewards faster because you achieved Globalist status last year by staying 60 qualifying nights or earning 100,000 Base Points.–One free night in any Category 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort (valid for 180 days from issuance)–Four suite upgrade awards valid through February 29, 2020 when paying an eligible rate or redeeming points for a free night award–Continued access to a dedicated My Hyatt Concierge for reservations and personalized serviceWhen using your free night and suite upgrade awards, the checkout date for your reservation must occur before the award expires.You'll be eligible to earn all of these awards again next year, as long as you meet the qualifying criteria.Thank you for letting us host you during your travels. We’re excited to see you again soon.Enjoy your journey,
The Hyatt web site can lead to confusion:
Originally Posted by serfty
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
I spoke to a My Hyatt Concierge about this just now.
He said that upon re-qualifying with 55 nights this year I would receive the suite upgrades and the Cat 1-7 certificate, BUT that access to My Hyatt Concierge is a separate, 60-night requirement that I needed to stay the full 60 nights if I wanted to continue to receive.

Is this consistent/inconsistent with what others have heard now in 2018?
No, and certainly inconsistent with the T&C's. Maybe they are hoping for a decreased workload.

It was clear from the fine print of T&C's, which note how to achieve/re-achieve Globalist status and the benefits available upon achieving/re-achieving globalist status.

However the "MEMBER BENEFITS" page causes confusion because it does not refer to 55 night Globalist, just those of 60 nights and simply listing benefits available for them.

To get to the actuality, see World of Hyatt | Terms and Conditions

Section V.(o)
.... Members who have earned Globalist status by satisfying the Base Point accrual requirement or the Tier-Qualifying Night requirement (and have not received Globalist status through other means) will also have access to a dedicated agent, the My Hyatt Concierge. ...
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I myself am on 50 nights with 5 more nights booked with the last having a check out of Dec 27th.

(Worse than last year where my 60th night check out was Dec 30th)
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

12 to go; starting a 6 night stay today. CC will give me another 2 when December statement closes.

I have 2 night stay planned (but not yet booked) for December (though, my flights are booked).

Need 2 more...
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Hitting 80 at the end of the month. Already Qualified with Hilton, and $250 away from Spire with IHG.. Was a decent year
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Not close and won't.

I have very little remaining business travel, and the most likely destination if I do does not even have a stinking HP. So no more Diamond (I refuse to say Glob) dropping in my lap just for selecting a Hyatt for business stays. The long decline in promotions (and fewer US clubs with lowered standards) makes it not so appealing on my own dime to drive past better quality, less expensive, better located, more convenient, or nicer Brand X just to bump my Hyatt numbers up.

I am jealous of those of you with expense accounts and opportunity. In many to most locations I still prefer and miss the Hyatt room product. In my weekly travel days a good club with a good staff I got to know helped so much. But it just no longer makes sense. I'm starting to wonder if keeping the credit card just to maintain B-Team status does either. But there are a few hotels where I was a regular I will really miss.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Just checked out from my 8 night mattress run, I should be prequalifying tonight. :-)
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I started my own company this year, and with that, there is less travel.

I'll be at 44 nights on Saturday with 2 more nights next week for work. No more trips planned this year.

There is a HP here that has $74 rates, so trying to decide if spending $810 for a nine-night mattress run makes sense.

Normally, I would say that such a thing is silly, but with three kids, we use the suite upgrades on trips and long weekends, and we'd easily increase the costs of those trips by more than $800 getting a suite or a second room, so yep, I'm likely to do a silly thing.

Last edited by HoustonConsultant; Dec 5, 2018 at 9:25 pm
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Depending on how often you stay at properties with resort or destination fees, globalist can easily save $1000 over 40+ nights ($25/night -- many properties have higher fees, but then again, many properties have none). And probably a few thousand dollars in breakfast if you are not travelling solo.

Globalist is a VERY valuable tier. Getting it for under $1000 is a steal, even before the suite upgrades.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Depending on how often you stay at properties with resort or destination fees, globalist can easily save $1000 over 40+ nights ($25/night -- many properties have higher fees, but then again, many properties have none). And probably a few thousand dollars in breakfast if you are not travelling solo.

Globalist is a VERY valuable tier. Getting it for under $1000 is a steal, even before the suite upgrades.
Yep, I wasn't even factoring in the resort fees (always have one where we are going with kids) and free parking on reward stays.

Breakfast is a big deal on vacations. We aren't going to drag the whole family out of the hotel for a decently priced breakfast, so eating at the hotel restaurant or room service for five people is a killer.

So yeah, it is worth it for $800.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I'm sitting at 60N now, got another 5 nights booked, will put me over the base point for qualification, would I get another free night award certificate?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. You can only get that once for 60 nights or 100k pts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.