Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I know this was settled upthread many months ago but I want to be sure: People who were Globalist in 2018 get the Cat 1-7 cert, the two additional TSUs, and concierge access for 2020 after 55 nights this year, right? I went past 55 and 60 during the same stay, so it's moot for me, but I want to make sure I'm giving correct advice, since it's that time of year people start worrying about re-qualifying. Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:43 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by joe_miami
I know this was settled upthread many months ago but I want to be sure: People who were Globalist in 2018 get the Cat 1-7 cert, the two additional TSUs, and concierge access for 2020 after 55 nights this year, right? I went past 55 and 60 during the same stay, so it's moot for me, but I want to make sure I'm giving correct advice, since it's that time of year people start worrying about re-qualifying. Thanks.
Correct, that is my understanding for this year, last time. Next year 60 nights is a must
joe_miami likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe_miami
For me, I had a step in there between 55 and 60, and yes, I received all of that. Then, nothing when I went past 60.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by josephstern
For me, I had a step in there between 55 and 60, and yes, I received all of that. Then, nothing when I went past 60.
Thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: United 1K MM; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Alaska 75K
1 Night Away to Globalist

I'm only one night away and have a five night stay coming up. Do I get Globalist for the whole stay or should I book a hotel somewhere else for the first night so I get Globalist for the longer part of the trip? I can't find anywhere online what happens if you earn status during a stay. Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by texasex95
I'm only one night away and have a five night stay coming up. Do I get Globalist for the whole stay or should I book a hotel somewhere else for the first night so I get Globalist for the longer part of the trip? I can't find anywhere online what happens if you earn status during a stay. Thanks!
Stay credits are only calculated after you check out, so you won’t have globalist for your upcoming stay. Depending on how you value free breakfast for 5 days vs cost of one night stay is how I’d make that decision from a financial perspective.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Stay credits are only calculated after you check out, so you won’t have globalist for your upcoming stay. Depending on how you value free breakfast for 5 days vs cost of one night stay is how I’d make that decision from a financial perspective.
You could also take a couple of similar options:
1) Since globalist should post by checkout at which point your breakfast would be waived, you could just go ahead and eat breakfast at the restaurant.
2) Talk to the front desk, tell them about your situation and explain that you'll be globalist by checkout. They'll probably say it's ok.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:46 pm

And still there are also properties who care about their Globalists or to-be-Globalists so you maybe could get some or all of the benefits during that stay.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

There was a whole thread on a very similar situation, see the discussion here:

Achieving Globalist Mid-Stay What to Do?

Might be different since in that situation it was driven by credit card spend rather than stay credit.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
this year i have really out-done myself with 158 qualifying nights so-far and at least 7 more nights for the remaining of 2019. i wish WOH have a roll-over program.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vudoosj
this year i have really out-done myself with 158 qualifying nights so-far and at least 7 more nights for the remaining of 2019. i wish WOH have a roll-over program.
Agreed, I will be at 100+ before the end of year, wish I could carry over 10 nights.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vudoosj
If Hyatt had rollover nights and “reserve 4, get 5” on points, it would rule the world.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jameswes
You could also take a couple of similar options:
1) Since globalist should post by checkout at which point your breakfast would be waived, you could just go ahead and eat breakfast at the restaurant.
2) Talk to the front desk, tell them about your situation and explain that you'll be globalist by checkout. They'll probably say it's ok.
This is probably what you meant, but Globalist will only post by checkout if the person stays at a different Hyatt for one night first.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
If Hyatt had rollover nights and “reserve 4, get 5” on points, it would rule the world.
WoH is already far and away the best hotel program, and it will be a miracle if a major devaluation doesn’t occur by 2021. Let’s not get greedy.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: United 1K MM; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Alaska 75K
Thank you! For some reason, when I tried searching for an answer nothing come up...both in the forums and via Google. Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.