Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Achieving Globalist Mid-Stay What to Do?

Old Oct 15, 19, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

A friend of mine is really close to Globalist (52/60), her statement for her World of Hyatt Credit Card cycles on November 8th, so roughly 24 hours after that (likely the 9th) she will be pushed into Globalist Status with the 20k in spend she just put on the card. So effectively on 11/9 she’ll be a Globalist, let’s just assume that.

But she has a stay beginning on 11/7 going on through the 13th. So at check in she will not be a Globalist, just an Explorist, but 2 days into her stay she will be a Globalist and more importantly at Check Out she will be a Globalist, not having anything to do with the nights earned from this stay.

The property she’s staying at is a Hyatt House that does charge for parking daily, but it’s owned by the property and it’s confirmed that Globalists do get free parking.

As soon as her WOH updates (mid-stay) she plans to go to the FD and advise them of the update to Globalist Status and obtain the benefits thereof.

It took several emails to WOH because they kept assuming the nights pushing her to Globalist were related to the stay, but they weren’t. For example: they thought she was at 58 nights and they thought that we were saying 2 days into the stay she would automatically be bumped to Globalist, and it was just a miscommunication. But anyways they basically recommended going to the FD once it updates on her end as it will not automatically update to her Folio.

The main benefit would be the parking (unless you can think of any others please comment them too), this is a reservation paid in full with Hyatt points too so there’s no issue with that.

What are are your thoughts on this?
Old Oct 15, 19, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Globs only get free parking on award stays.
Old Oct 15, 19, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Already confirmed that Points only Reservations are included in the Glob Free Parking benefit.

Globalists get Free Parking at properties where you can charge it to your room on:

A) Free Night Certificates

B) Points Only Reservations (Not Points + Cash)

Confirmed over the phone, via e-mail, and via Twitter a stay booked fully with Points qualifies as an Award Stay for Globalist Free Parking.
Old Oct 15, 19, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Wink

Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
A friend of mine is really close to Globalist (52/60), her statement for her World of Hyatt Credit Card cycles on November 8th, so roughly 24 hours after that (likely the 9th) she will be pushed into Globalist Status with the 20k in spend she just put on the card. So effectively on 11/9 she’ll be a Globalist, let’s just assume that.

But she has a stay beginning on 11/7 going on through the 13th. So at check in she will not be a Globalist, just an Explorist, but 2 days into her stay she will be a Globalist and more importantly at Check Out she will be a Globalist, not having anything to do with the nights earned from this stay.

The property she’s staying at is a Hyatt House that does charge for parking daily, but it’s owned by the property and it’s confirmed that Globalists do get free parking.

As soon as her WOH updates (mid-stay) she plans to go to the FD and advise them of the update to Globalist Status and obtain the benefits thereof.

It took several emails to WOH because they kept assuming the nights pushing her to Globalist were related to the stay, but they weren’t. For example: they thought she was at 58 nights and they thought that we were saying 2 days into the stay she would automatically be bumped to Globalist, and it was just a miscommunication. But anyways they basically recommended going to the FD once it updates on her end as it will not automatically update to her Folio.

The main benefit would be the parking (unless you can think of any others please comment them too), this is a reservation paid in full with Hyatt points too so there’s no issue with that.

Another Friend?? You sure have a lot of friends that are trying to work the system.
Old Oct 15, 19, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Already confirmed that Points only Reservations are included in the Glob Free Parking benefit.

Globalists get Free Parking at properties where you can charge it to your room on:

Confirmed over the phone, via e-mail, and via Twitter a stay booked fully with Points qualifies as an Award Stay for Globalist Free Parking.
Really only relevant if the parking charges are make or break for you on the stay. Nothing you can do about it before you are Globalist and trying to explain it to Hyatt or front desk staff ahead of time will just cause confusion.

I'd wait til check out, then say "I was under the impression that Globalist members get free parking blah blah blah..." If the computer references you as an 'Explorist', show them your phone that you are Globalists and let them think it was an error. Best case you get it waived, worst case they tell you no dice.
DaveH, etsmyers, Thysk and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 15, 19, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

That's what I said: parking is free for Globs only on award stays (assuming that the parking is part of the hotel and can be charged to the room, and also assuming that the hotel doesn't provide free parking for all). I don't see anything in the OP indicating that this will be an award stay.
Old Oct 15, 19, 10:00 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob
I don't see anything in the OP indicating that this will be an award stay.
this is a reservation paid in full with Hyatt points too so there’s no issue with that.
Old Oct 16, 19, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Maui4me1 View Post
Another Friend?? You sure have a lot of friends that are trying to work the system.
Originally Posted by Dsm2m2 View Post
Really only relevant if the parking charges are make or break for you on the stay. Nothing you can do about it before you are Globalist and trying to explain it to Hyatt or front desk staff ahead of time will just cause confusion.

I'd wait til check out, then say "I was under the impression that Globalist members get free parking blah blah blah..." If the computer references you as an 'Explorist', show them your phone that you are Globalists and let them think it was an error. Best case you get it waived, worst case they tell you no dice.

Same friend, I mentioned in another post she was hitting Glob soon!

Hmm...so you wouldn’t mention it when it happens (likely on day 3) you’d mention it at the end at checkout?
Old Oct 16, 19, 5:55 pm

Same friend, I mentioned in another post she was hitting Glob soon!

Hmm...so you wouldn’t mention it when it happens (likely on day 3) you’d mention it at the end at checkout?
Would not mention it at all. The hotel has no way of knowing how close you are to Globalist and until it posts to your account you do not have the status.
Old Oct 16, 19, 5:58 pm

If this is an award stay and your friend's WoH account status officially updates to Globalist prior to their check-out, they can likely sort this out during check-out without much fuss and have the parking fees removed. It really is as simple as that.
Old Oct 16, 19, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10 View Post
If this is an award stay and your friend's WoH account status officially updates to Globalist prior to their check-out, they can likely sort this out during check-out without much fuss and have the parking fees removed. It really is as simple as that.
How can it update before checkout?
Old Oct 16, 19, 8:13 pm

How can it update before checkout?
OP said the status is going to kick in from CC spend or something, it isn’t dependent upon this stay.
Old Oct 16, 19, 8:31 pm

OP said the status is going to kick in from CC spend or something, it isn’t dependent upon this stay.
Reread the post. Checking in on the 7th credit card statement closes the 9 th.
Old Oct 16, 19, 9:20 pm

Reread the post. Checking in on the 7th credit card statement closes the 9 th.
I feel like one of us is missing something simple here.
Old Oct 16, 19, 10:15 pm

I feel like one of us is missing something simple here.
What I am thinking is the credit card closes on the 9th but mine usually takes a few days to post to my account. Often, more than a few days.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: